Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its Generation Y and i don't think anyone out here have not used torrents yet. I know its not legal but who cares when you get what you want to, i'm having one favorite torrent website to whom i'm regular. Do you have any?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I would never use torrents. My entire music library is not pirated. I did not take a couple thousand dollars in professional/high-quality/etc programs. Torrents are just silly and wrong.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
On the eight day God made torrents and it was good.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I don't like them. They run a major risk of your computer getting viruses/trojans. There are other ways to sample stuff anyways. Besides, it's not the same when you don't buy it because at least in my mind, you never feel like you own it. I guess you could say that about anything you download though.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I prefer p2p the problem with torrents for me is that once people get what they want they don't seed and sooner than later the torrent dies. So what you end up with is torrents that are only from the past few months/years. And torrents that are mainstream or "common". With p2p you can find shit that is rarer than a drunken table top dance from yours truly and "items" that you thought were only myths. Torrents..... you don't get that.
p2p for the win. ^____________~

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hm, I never really like torrents....I used them once or twice to get a movie or a book, but they were way too slow. It took FOREVER. Plus...viruses...risky biz....

Reactions: L'Empereur

·
Registered
815 Posts
First of all, torrents themselves are not illegal. It is the distribution of copyrighted material which is illegal (not everywhere mind you). I download and seed Linux distro's for example.

Also, torrents massively reduce server and bandwidth costs for people and small companies seeking to distribute their material. The fact that many people assume that torrents themselves are only useful for piracy annoys me.

Torrents, no. P2P, yes, hell yes.
BitTorrent is a form of P2P so this doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Wow we really have a hard time staying on subject here. The OP didn't ask for a philosophical discussion he asked if anyone knew any good torrent sites. Let me be the first to actually answer the question, yes demonoid is the one and only site for torrents. Unfortunately you need an invite.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I did, and it put a virus on my old hard drive. I had to buy a new one, and the old one had all of my pictures from 2002-2005 on it. I can still access it sometimes, but I haven't recently since I also permanently deleted photos by accident.:frustrating:

·
Registered
INFJ 9w1
2,473 Posts
I use BitTorrent for downloading and use many different websites to find downloads. It depends what you're trying to download.

It's handy for when I want to watch foreign movies and Megaupload craps out on me. I don't feel like going to my local ethnic stores since the videos there are all pirated anyway. (LOL)

Thankfully, I haven't gotten a virus yet from any of the websites I have used. (Knock on wood.) I don't find them too slow but maybe I just have more patience than you guys. Haha.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I use to always go to Mininova, but they shut it down. Now I just use PirateBay. And they are not that slow. You can download an album in like 5 minutes, if seeded good enough. Though I use a site called warez-bb for the majority of my stuff. And I'm going to stop naming things I use before I get another lawsuit on my hands. :cool:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I use utorrent find the torrent with highest amount of seeds then leave my computer on all night seeding usually keep a 1:1.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Are you saying that it's automatically illegal if it's a torrent? If so, that is quite incorrect. There are legal files that are passed around via torrent.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I use Vuze. Well-seeded/peer'd files download really quickly.
Personally, I have no moral qualms. I like music and movies. I like not spending money. If I couldn't get it for free, I wouldn't buy it.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts