Personality Cafe banner

SOO.. pick!

• ima contra, STAY AWAY FROM ME!!11

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • im contra.. do it seductivelyieh!

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • synergetic, TOUCH ME NOOOWW!!111

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • synergetic, i have no time for intimacy. relevance?

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my theory is, that contra instincts hate touching, while synergetic ones love it.

contra = so sp, sx so, sp sx
synergetic = so sx, sx sp, sp so

in my experience people who like touching have always been synregetic, while those who not not.
which made me realize, im most likely actually so sx instead of sx so..

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
I'm a physical touch addict when it comes to a partner. Groping, cuddling, even very subtle physical contact like sitting really close to each other feels like heaven.

I joke and say that with a partner I'm abusively affectionate, whereas with friends, I'm lovingly abusive :kitteh: Biting, pinching, scratching, slapping around playfully are my way of expressing how comfortable I am with someone. (Of course, some people aren't really into that and that's okay, too. I usually have this kind of playfulness with my guy friends.)

·
Banned
701 Posts
guys i like -- yes. they can touch me all they want.
guys i don't like -- no.

but i don't think any person on this planet likes to be touched by people they don't like.

so, when talking purely about people i do like, then yes, i enjoy physical contact very much. to be on the receiving end, and on the giving end.

·
Registered
650 Posts
In general I like touching. I can't imagine someone giving a hug and me hating it. But really, I seriously doubt your theory is true, or if it is we could even test it, because it's kind of convoluted.

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
Yeah, I'm wanting more clarity before I vote.

My SO? Yes yes yes.

Friends and family I will hug hello and/or goodbye, but no arm pats or casual touching like that. Hitting is fine.

Strangers can back the hell off or lose a hand.

·
Registered
9w1 sp
2,759 Posts
Hm. I don't really crave touch, though I will spontaneously give hugs or sit body-to-body close with family or close friends who will be down for it. I used to not do this until the past year or so. I tend to feel kind of "sigh"-ish or "ugh"-ish about touch (this means handshakes, hugs, etc.) with people who I'm not... pretty much on friend-terms with at least, lols, if that makes sense. I mostly just want any kind of touch with people who are in my "circle".

Oh, and I'm an Sp-dom, not sure of my second instinct though.
*Edit: I've been leaning at Sp/Sx though.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
To echo what has already been said, it really depends on who's doing the touching. Most of the time I am extremely territorial and prickly about touch. I don't like anyone touching me even someone lightly brushing my arm on the subway really upsets me.

The only exception to this is someone I am romantically engaged with. When this happens I am far more receptive to touch from my S.O.

·
Registered
9,986 Posts
I thought it was generally more a case that SX firsts like touching (selectively!!) but at the same time are repelled by the idea of touching those outside their zone of touchable people (or when they're in a particularly bad mood), SOC firsts are generally ok with touching (group hug, anyone?), while SP firsts don't like to make a big deal about touching, and may even not like it in a general sense.

Oh. can you explain contra and synergetic?

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
I thought it was generally more a case that SX firsts like touching (selectively!!) but at the same time are repelled by the idea of touching those outside their zone of touchable people (or when they're in a particularly bad mood),
My zone of touchable people includes one person at a time, at most. Normally I am a loner & I've mostly been single through my life but when I am physically close to someone there are no physical boundaries... touch me and ravage me all day; cuddle, sit beside me, I'll sit on his lap, whatever. When I'm in a bad mood, cuddling & hugging & lets face it, sex... can make me feel amazing.. so, why wouldn't I want that? Unless I am mad at my lover I'm game. And even if I am mad at him I'm game for rage-sex. ;)

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
I hate touching people. I hate being touched. When I play sports I choose the no contact ones. This stops me from going as hard as I can because I will try to avoid touching people more than play the sport. I like massages though.

Reactions: Bluity and marckos

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
I'm here to fuck up your theory. Muah! (sp/so)

Reactions: He's a Superhero!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I don't mind if people I know touch me, like family or friends or that stuff. But if I just met you, don't touch me. Don't pat my shoulder, don't grab my arm, don't you DARE poke me in the stomach. I have no idea why I hate it so much, but when people I don't know well touch me I swear my hair stands on end.

Except for some guys. They can touch me.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,819 Posts
So/Sx.

Don't touch me.

Really.

Don't.

A SO can go free-for-all, physical contact is a must even, family can get hi/bye/happy[occasion] hugs, everyone else is on a case by case basis although I'd be happy with no touchy, except when drunk, then whatever. Let's just say you will not bother me if you don't touch me, you may bother me if you do. I'm getting better at not flinching when hugging people hi/bye though, hugs typically have warning though, which helps. Anyway: Growth!

Reactions: Sina

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
guys i like -- yes. they can touch me all they want.
guys i don't like -- no.

but i don't think any person on this planet likes to be touched by people they don't like.

so, when talking purely about people i do like, then yes, i enjoy physical contact very much. to be on the receiving end, and on the giving end.
i dont remember a single time when i wouldve been touched without wanting it. doesnt matter who it is, as long as its done affectionally.

i myself have never dared to touch other people, cause i dont know whether they would accept it or not, so better not take blind risks. however, i wont hide showing my affection at all, by radiating my feelings towards the person.

im also very awkward at hugging, but i dont mind it. it feels funny.

·
Registered
INTP sp/so 9w1 6w5 4w5
5,450 Posts
I'm sp/so. Touch is an intimate thing for me. The Manflesh can touch me all he wants, and very close friends and family may hug me...occasionally. Otherwise, GTFO.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
Yeah I'm not sure if the poll counts intimate touching or not. I excluded it because I thought 95% of people do not mind intimate touching.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts