Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This game has so many complex characters that I thought I should try to type them. If anyone has input, please reply! I'm only doing MBTI for now, but if anyone has Enneagram ideas, those help.

Marisa Kirisame: ISTP
Reimu Hakurei: ESFJ
Remilia Scarlet: ENTP
Flandre Scarlet: ENFP
Patchouli Knowledge (my namesake): INTP
Sakuya Izayoi: ISFJ
Hong Meiling: ESFP
Yukari Yakumo: ENTP
Ran Yakumo: ISTJ
Chen Yakumo: INFP
Yuyuko Saigyouji: INFP
Youmu Konpaku: INTJ
Alice Margatroid: INTJ
Suika Ibuki: ESFP
Yuugi Hoshiguma: ESTP
Aya Shameimaru: ENFP
Satori Komeiji: INFJ
Koishi Komeiji: ENFP
Shikeiki Yamaxanadu: ISTJ
Komachi Onozuka: INFP
Tenshi Hinanai: ESFP

...that's it for now. XD

·
PerC Waiter
2,398 Posts
Reimu Hakurei: ESTJ
Remilia Scarlet: ENTJ
Patchouli Knowledge: INTJ
Sakuya Izayoi: ISFJ
Hong Meiling: ESTP
Yuyuko Saigyouji: ENFJ
Youmu Konpaku: ISTJ
Alice Margatroid: INTP
Aya Shameimaru: ENTP
Satori Komeiji: INFJ
Koishi Komeiji: INFP
Shikeiki Yamaxanadu: ISTJ
Komachi Onozuka: ISFP
Tenshi Hinanai: ESFP
Byakuren Hijiri: ENFJ
Nitori Kawashiro: ISTP
Kanako Yasaka: ENTJ
Sanae Kochiya: ISFP
Kaguya Horaisan: INTP
Fujiwara no Mokou: ISFJ

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
the ones I know of so far
Reimu Hakurei: ESxJ

Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
Cirno: ENFP
Remilia Scarlet: ENTJ
Sakuya Izayoi: ISTJ
Patchouli Knowledge: INTx
Hong Meiling: ESFP

Perfect Cherry Blossom

yes I'm still getting into 2hu

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Some other Touhous:
Marisa Kirisame: Changed to ESTP, she seems more of an extrovert than an introvert.

Yuuka Kazami: ENTP
Alice Margatroid: INTP

Rumia: ESFP?

Satori Komeiji: ENFP
Koishi Komeiji: INFP
Aya Shameimaru: ENTP

Kaguya Houraisan: INTP
Eirin Yagokoro: INTJ
Reisen Udongein Inaba: ISFP
Keine Kamishirasawa: ENTJ
Fujiwara no Mokou: INFJ
Sanae Kochiya: ENFP

Yuyuko Saigyouji: Probably an ENFJ
Youmu Konpaku: ISTJ
Nitori Kawashiro: ISTP
Eikishiki Yamaxanadu: ESTJ
Clownpiece: ESTP

Nazrin: ESTP

Reactions: Say Nitai Gora

·
Boaz & Jachin
ESTJ; LSE-Te; 6w5; 631; Sp/Sx; DC; TN
14,734 Posts

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
something I've noticed about Touhou characters besides the two MCs is that they are not as fleshed out as most other characters I see in fiction and are malleable and not very set in stone in terms of personality and probably cognition.

this post helped me realized that

but at least they have canon personalities and most fanon depictions I've seen fit the characters quite well, but I could just as easily write Remilia as an ESFP rather than an ENTJ for example.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
I've been wondering what type is ZUN?

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
I'm going to change my vote on Kaguya to being some kind of extrovert (either ENTP or ESFJ) and Satori to being an INFJ.

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Hrm...

Main
Reimu - ISFP
Marisa - ESTP

EoSD
Remilia - ESTJ
Sakuya - ISTJ (or ISFJ)
Patchouli - INTP
Meiling - ESFJ

PCB
Yuyuko - INFP
Youmu - ISTJ
Alice - INTP
Chen - ESFP

IN
Mokou - ISFJ
Kaguya - INFP
Eirin - INTJ
Reisen - ESFJ
Keine - INFJ

Although I can't even be partially certain here XD

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Although I can't even be partially certain here XD
Yeah, unless you look at print works/manga, or profiles then all you have are dialogue from the game they are in (which isn't saying much), unless you want to use stereotypes / type by the vibe of their theme song / appearance

Some enneagrams that are obvious are Yuyuko (4w5) and Patchouli (5, but not sure which wing)

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Yeah, unless you look at print works/manga, or profiles then all you have are dialogue from the game they are in (which isn't saying much), unless you want to use stereotypes / type by the vibe of their theme song / appearance

Some enneagrams that are obvious are Yuyuko (4w5) and Patchouli (5, but not sure which wing)
Hrm...maybe it's high time I actually read Silent Sinner in Blue... :p

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Here's what I've got for Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom so far:
Sagume Kishin: IxTJ
Junko: INTJ
Clownpiece: ESxP

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Here's what I've got for Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom so far:
Sagume Kishin: IxTJ
Junko: INTJ
Clownpiece: ESxP

My list of typed Touhou Characters on Google Docs
I wonder...Junko as a villain seems rather devoted to her past despite her scheming. I mean, her entire plot is one of revenge - not that Ni isn't capable of that of course, but it seems far more in line with Si in my opinion (holding onto things, not letting go and so on).

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
I wonder...Junko as a villain seems rather devoted to her past despite her scheming. I mean, her entire plot is one of revenge - not that Ni isn't capable of that of course, but it seems far more in line with Si in my opinion (holding onto things, not letting go and so on).
Meh, I went with INTJ due to a post I've found on mbti-databank that presented an argument for her being INTJ, and I went along with it (it only had like one argument though for Ni, and that was her focus on a single goal), but I can see her being ISTJ now that you've brought that up, but seeing as she has basically become the embodiment of her own anger towards the Lunarians, doesn't seem like she has a choice but to basically be tunnel visioned in her goal to kill Chang'e

I'm not sure on her personality before the whole purification thing, but maybe it is similar.

Here's the link to the (viewable) Google Docs of all the Touhous I've typed so far

·
Registered
746 Posts
Meh, I went with INTJ due to a post I've found on mbti-databank that presented an argument for her being INTJ, and I went along with it (it only had like one argument though for Ni, and that was her focus on a single goal), but I can see her being ISTJ now that you've brought that up, but seeing as she has basically become the embodiment of her own anger towards the Lunarians, doesn't seem like she has a choice but to basically be tunnel visioned in her goal to kill Chang'e

I'm not sure on her personality before the whole purification thing, but maybe it is similar.

Here's the link to the (viewable) Google Docs of all the Touhous I've typed so far
Personal opinion of mine:

Reimu: ISFP 9w8 One moment she is peaceful, next she is bossy. Shows more Ni than Ne so INFP is out.

Reisen: ISXP no idea really. I used to think of her as an ISTJ to some extent, because of how much her Si comes into play.

Marisa: ESTP agreed. 7 most likely. Not sure if 7w6 or 7w8.

Fujiwara No Mokou: ISFJ? I wanted to say INFJ, but I remembered that her feelings are mostly stemmed from her past. Maybe she is an unhealthy ISFJ..

Patchouli: Time to break up an old chestnut I guess. My problem with Patchouli, is that I cannot see any Si in her, but I can see an Inferior Se in her. I can see Ni in her as well and Te as well. Her knowledge usually goes towards something, it's not just something she focuses on for the sake of entertaining ideas. So, I see more INTJ over INTP.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Marisa is almost the ESTP poster girl, she is filled to the brim with Se and Ti.

Fujiwara No Mokou: ISFJ? I wanted to say INFJ, but I remembered that her feelings are mostly stemmed from her past. Maybe she is an unhealthy ISFJ..
I first typed her as INFJ but I am wondering where is the Ni-Se dynamic in her.

I've edited the google docs accordingly except for Patchouli, I need to do more research for her, but I'll take your arguments into consideration. Where in Touhou did you see Ni-Te for her, though? Lower S and F is pretty obvious, though.

Although @Zoquaro could present his argument for why he thinks Patchouli is INTP, the Touhou Wiki doesn't seem to be especially helpful with uncovering her cognitive function stack.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Marisa is almost the ESTP poster girl, she is filled to the brim with Se and Ti.

I first typed her as INFJ but I am wondering where is the Ni-Se dynamic in her.

I've edited the google docs accordingly except for Patchouli, I need to do more research for her, but I'll take your arguments into consideration. Where in Touhou did you see Ni-Te for her, though? Lower S and F is pretty obvious, though.

Although @Zoquaro could present his argument for why he thinks Patchouli is INTP, the Touhou Wiki doesn't seem to be especially helpful with uncovering her cognitive function stack.
Well, yes. It would be difficult to argue Marisa as another type. ^^; ESTP fits too well to me.

My Patchouli argument specifically comes from her sort of rivalry with Suika. The fact that her Ni showed itself in the form of it being revealed that she had been drinking coffee instead of tea because beans are an oni's weakness, this was before she even knew of Suika apparently. That, and she is described as Taciturn and blunt. Her vs Dialogue in IAMP consists of her saying, "I was prepared.. To beat you."

Not sure if it is the best case, but it's enough to be around.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
Wew, when I came across Suika's article and to be specific her relation with Patchouli, I came across this:

Touhou Wiki said:
Her wariness towards oni subconsciously existed before that, as it is revealed in Sakuya's ending that despite claiming she didn't know about oni, Patchouli knew an oni caused the feast, revealing a subconscious knowledge on the matter.
Going by this quote from the Touhou Wiki, it makes a good argument towards her being Ni-dom, I definitely need to do more research~

·
Registered
4,933 Posts
Well, yes. It would be difficult to argue Marisa as another type. ^^; ESTP fits too well to me.

My Patchouli argument specifically comes from her sort of rivalry with Suika. The fact that her Ni showed itself in the form of it being revealed that she had been drinking coffee instead of tea because beans are an oni's weakness, this was before she even knew of Suika apparently. That, and she is described as Taciturn and blunt. Her vs Dialogue in IAMP consists of her saying, "I was prepared.. To beat you."

Not sure if it is the best case, but it's enough to be around.
Hmm...Patchouli's intuition has led her astray once I think. In her SWR scenario, she pins Suika as the culprit - if she is an INTP, this could be explained by her Ti and Si: she's messing things up again, because she's done so already (a carry over from IaMP?). I'd imagine an INTJ would draw some more accurate conclusions about what was going on.

Then again, an alternative interpretation of the matter: if she is an INTJ, it's her Ni telling her that Suika is messing up, and she actually demonstrates a lack of Ne due to her belief that Suika is the culprit, rather than any number of possible explanations. How confusing...

Now that I think about it, this sort of reasoning could make Yuyuko a possible INFJ candidate...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts