Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Hmn. Need more data...

Votes: 129 40.8%
1 - 20 of 488 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been doing an experiment to once and for all solidify the difference between SP eye movement and iN movement.
These picture's aren't very big, but they are PAINT files where I tracked people eye movements on. (Center point is when they're looking at their subject, you draw a line away from the center in the direction that they're looking away.

Here's two INFJ's

Eddie Vedder Amy Lee
Vedder XL.jpg Lee XL.jpg

ENTP's
YouTube ENTP (1 min) Dave Grohl (4 min)
Random ENTP Female XL.jpg Dave Grohl XL.jpg

The red arrow-like markings are indicating the concentration's of movement.
The red boxes around the INFJ's are because their eye movement goes in every direction.
I can only fit a few pics in here, so I'll show more below.
But what do you guys think??

Attachments

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok.
Here's some ENFP's.

1. My ENFP sibling. 2. Regina Spektor 3. YouTube ENFP
Allyne XL.jpg Regina Spektor XL.jpg Ranodom ENFP XL.jpg
I can't get these any bigger.
In the 1st two, you'll see a difference from the 3rd.
The 1st two have big sweeping eve movements at the top - you can see the arcing lines.
Takes those two sweeping gazes away and all three look identical.
Now, if you think saying "*hrmph*, well... If you take such and such and flip it around, then it looks the same. *Hrmph*" is cheating, understand that those arcs are 2 or 3 gazes out of at least 50-75 other's that conform.

Now compare those with the other types I've listed!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Here is a short list. What do you think?

Ron Paul
Alan Watt
Andrew Zimmern
Sean Connery
Lucille Ball

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's Sean Connery:
Connery XL.jpg
He shows ENxx with Fe leaving ENTP and ENFJ.
Now compare with
Obama and Dave Grohl.
Obama XL.jpg Dave Grohl XL.jpg
ENFJ ENTP

If you look closely you'll see that Connery's looks like Obama's.
The main difference being that the length of time spent doing these differs, so Obama's looks thicker.
Add that Connery show's Se and act's exactly like other ENFJ's that I know or know of, and that typelogic.com agrees that he's ENFJ.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now we go to Lucille Ball and Ron Paul.
Both are clearly Sensors.
I didn't have time to type Lucy but I heard that she's ESTP and I'd buy that.
Ron Paul I belive is either ESTP or ESFJ. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Lucille Ball, Ron Paul and That ISTP from earlier
Lucy XL.jpg Ron Paul XL.jpg Random ISTP XL.jpg
ESTP? ESFJ? ISTP

More coming soon!

·
Registered
ESFJ
1,775 Posts
I actually find this really fascinating.

I think people will be skeptical of it though. But afterall Si-Se Ni-Ne are all called perceptionary functions, perhaps that can be taken more literally than it's usual meaning, (that is that these are cognitive functions of the brain that dont necessarily involve the perception of the eyes), in regards to this.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How about INTJs so we can compare it with INFJs? Ni-doms
Vedder and Chris Cornell (INTJ)

Vedder XL.jpg Chris Cornell XL.jpg
These two both are the two biggest Ni's and show the most eye movement of all I've seen so far.
One strange thing is that the INTJ's eyes swooped around a lot, never really returning to the center point, just crossing it.
Whereas the INFJ heads back to the center point though has more general movement range.

Give me some INTJ's to track!

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
looks like fun to trace peoples eye movement! ^^
it's cool and interesting to see it personally.

What's interesting is the fact that there's reports out there that have meaning behind eye movement. So with eye tracking you can figure out if they're creating or recalling information. Primarily when they're facing you if they're looking to the left they're creating, looking to the right they're recalling. Top is images, middle is sounds, bottom left is feelings, bottom right is internal dialog. From what I remember anyway.

·
Registered
944 Posts
This is really interesting, and I do see some kind of pattern in what you've showed us up until now. I seriously think you're on to something, so keep on posting! :D

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks like fun to trace peoples eye movement! ^^
it's cool and interesting to see it personally.

What's interesting is the fact that there's reports out there that have meaning behind eye movement. So with eye tracking you can figure out if they're creating or recalling information. Primarily when they're facing you if they're looking to the left they're creating, looking to the right they're recalling. Top is images, middle is sounds, bottom left is feelings, bottom right is internal dialog. From what I remember anyway.
Yeah, you'll notice that the INFJ's (and other's) have lines that reach towards the upper left corner (their "right").
At those times in both interviews they were recalling fond memories!

If we can perfect this, we'll be able to accurately type ANYONE!!!
No more "ENFJ or INFJ"! The reign of indecision IS OVER!!!

1 - 20 of 488 Posts