Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The company where the woman works can provide a certain amount of credits to be used on websites like Amazon, or elsewhere. It's a form of "IOU" (I Owe You), like money.
Listen, in your society it would be a huge database with every citizen and a record of all the things he has ever bought with IOU? To which do certain government institutions have access?
It already sounds good what I hear. You little dictator, just like me! :devilish: I love how it sounds! "I Owe You"!

But still, you didn't solve my basic problem.
Let's get back, how are we going to pay in the park (not on a website) for cotton candy?

Also keep in mind that you already encounter difficulties with your system when it comes to simple problems. Dating is like between 1% and 5% of someone's life.
Are you sure you want to move on to what really matters?

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Listen, in your society it would be a huge database with every citizen and a record of all the things he has ever bought with IOU? To which do certain government institutions have access?
It already sounds good what I hear. You little dictator, just like me! :devilish: I love how it sounds! "I Owe You"!

But still, you didn't solve my basic problem.
Let's get back, how are we going to pay in the park (not on a website) for cotton candy?

Also keep in mind that you already encounter difficulties with your system when it comes to simple problems. Dating is like between 1% and 5% of someone's life.
Are you sure you want to move on to what really matters?
There can be a credit system used at the park, so employees get certain amount of credits to use for cotton candies and theme park rides. It's similar to giving employees an Amazon gift card to spend on its website.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
There can be a credit system used at the park, so employees get certain amount of credits to use for cotton candies and theme park rides. It's similar to giving employees an Amazon gift card to spend on its website.
So you practically remove physical money (cash) with a virtual currency and change its name.

What's the difference between your solution and using a cryptocurrency as your only means of financial payment?

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So you practically remove physical money (cash) with a virtual currency and change its name.

What's the difference between your solution and using a cryptocurrency as your only means of financial payment?
The main difference is that the focus is not on how much companies pay their employees, but on how companies treat their employees, and attract them with quality of life.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The main difference is that the focus is not on how much companies pay their employees, but on how companies treat their employees, and attract them with quality of life.
Well, why can't you do that by keeping the monetary system?
You pay him properly + offer them certain benefits (private medical insurance (including dental), paid vacations, car, phone, laptop etc., everything you want).

I don't see how your system fulfills the goal you want, it seems to me that it would do the exact opposite.
How can you say that a system focuses on "quality of life" when it cuts them off from their freedoms and AT THE SAME TIME it doesn't even give them more security?

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Well, why can't you do that by keeping the monetary system?
You pay him properly + offer them certain benefits (private medical insurance (including dental), paid vacations, car, phone, laptop etc., everything you want).

I don't see how your system fulfills the goal you want, it seems to me that it would do the exact opposite.
How can you say that a system focuses on "quality of life" when it cuts them off from their freedoms and AT THE SAME TIME it doesn't even give them more security?
The focus is more on attracting workers through quality of life, like life long employment, and benefits for family members like childhood education. In the monetary system, it's more about companies making a profit, or how much the company makes, and doesn't consider what happens when the workers get old (cannot work for as long or as fast, etc.).

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
The focus is more on attracting workers through quality of life, like life long employment, and benefits for family members like childhood education. In the monetary system, it's more about companies making a profit, or how much the company makes, and doesn't consider what happens when the workers get old (cannot work for as long or as fast, etc.).
"life long employment"

What guarantees that the companies would exist for that long?
Do you have any idea about how many businesses are opened and closed every year?

What happens when after 20 years my business is outsmarted by others or becomes obsolete and I cannot adapt it?

Do I have to ensure my employees keep receiving their benefits while they aren't working for the company?

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
"life long employment"

What guarantees that the companies would exist for that long?
Do you have any idea about how many businesses are opened and closed every year?

What happens when after 20 years my business is outsmarted by others or becomes obsolete and I cannot adapt it?

Do I have to ensure my employees keep receiving their benefits while they aren't working for the company?
As long as the company can offer an useful service with which to trade with others, it won't be bankrupt.

·
Registered
INTJ-Fi, 5w4 Sx
662 Posts
New ideas are always interesting, but before even looking into what you are suggesting ( I did read OP ) , I have a simple question?

Is it voluntary? Can I say no? Can I opt out? Can I sell my value to another " Company " that give me more opportunities / money / coins / shells-on-a-shelf / whatever is currently used in this system?

In that case, whatever the new currency might be, I adjust to that new system, since I know I provide a value, and interest from other search value, that is how a free market works..., whatever it is " Fiat Money " created from thin air, or actual physical commodities.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
New ideas are always interesting, but before even looking into what you are suggesting ( I did read OP ) , I have a simple question?

Is it voluntary? Can I say no? Can I opt out? Can I sell my value to another " Company " that give me more opportunities / money / coins / shells-on-a-shelf / whatever is currently used in this system?

In that case, whatever the new currency might be, I adjust to that new system, since I know I provide a value, and interest from other search value, that is how a free market works..., whatever it is " Fiat Money " created from thin air, or actual physical commodities.
Hi, if you want to opt out, you can always exchange your service, time, or produce with "credits", like Amazon gift cards.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,495 Posts
It sounds rather totalitarian and I believe large Japanese corporations used to do some form of the same thing where the company took care of a lot of the needs of the employees and guaranteeing employment, etc. I recall it not working too well and you'd end up with entire generations of men (and women) who were stuck in low wage, low prestige jobs and had a hard time finding wives because of being perceived by women as being unambitious or unsuccessful.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It sounds rather totalitarian and I believe large Japanese corporations used to do some form of the same thing where the company took care of a lot of the needs of the employees and guaranteeing employment, etc. I recall it not working too well and you'd end up with entire generations of men (and women) who were stuck in low wage, low prestige jobs and had a hard time finding wives because of being perceived by women as being unambitious or unsuccessful.
It's actually the high property prices that caused relatively lower marriage rates, and increased pressure for higher wage jobs. For the most part, Japan's development was mostly done by the generation with stable, life-long employment, and when the housing costs weren't so high.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,495 Posts
It's actually the high property prices that caused relatively lower marriage rates, and increased pressure for higher wage jobs. For the most part, Japan's development was mostly done by the generation with stable, life-long employment, and when the housing costs weren't so high.
Yes but what happens now that those same companies can no longer guarantee the same life-long employment that their parents enjoyed? I mean, Japan is a global economy and their corporations had to relax those employment guarantees in order to compete with the rest of the world. If something like what you're suggesting was done in China, Chinese corporations would eventually have to contend with the same thing, global competition. There's simply no way around that, IMO. If you disagree I'd be happy to hear your counter. :)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yes but what happens now that those same companies can no longer guarantee the same life-long employment that their parents enjoyed? I mean, Japan is a global economy and their corporations had to relax those employment guarantees in order to compete with the rest of the world. If something like what you're suggesting was done in China, Chinese corporations would eventually have to contend with the same thing, global competition. There's simply no way around that, IMO. If you disagree I'd be happy to hear your counter. :)
Japan competed fine economically in the 1970s and 1980s when the housing market was not as hot, and there was stable employment. It's more a problem with higher cost of buying housing, especially for new families.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,495 Posts
Japan competed fine economically in the 1970s and 1980s when the housing market was not as hot, and there was stable employment. It's more a problem with higher cost of buying housing, especially for new families.
Yes, but the 1970s and 1980s, Japan was still growing economically and were still having a growing population. The 1990s and the 2000s were when Japan had to reckon with their past policies and lay people off if necessary. Are you claiming this is a problem exclusive to Japan, and more extremely, S. Korea as well? In fact, the same thing happened everywhere in Asia that developed economically. Why would it be any different in China, other than having much more land to develop. I'm saying the same will eventually happen to Chinese corporations that compete globally with state run corporations likely remaining serving mostly a domestic market.

I suppose I see not being able to lay off people when necessary is a self-inflicted burden. Is life-long employment a very nice perk to have? Yes, absolutely but it's also a fairly large financial expense that usually requires you to overwork your employees. I suppose it really depends on where your priorities are, but I would rather my employees have a good work-life balance, good pay and like their job. If you value security much more, then I can see why you'd prefer your system. :)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Yes, but the 1970s and 1980s, Japan was still growing economically and were still having a growing population. The 1990s and the 2000s were when Japan had to reckon with their past policies and lay people off if necessary. Are you claiming this is a problem exclusive to Japan, and more extremely, S. Korea as well? In fact, the same thing happened everywhere in Asia that developed economically. Why would it be any different in China, other than having much more land to develop. I'm saying the same will eventually happen to Chinese corporations that compete globally with state run corporations likely remaining serving mostly a domestic market.

I suppose I see not being able to lay off people when necessary is a self-inflicted burden. Is life-long employment a very nice perk to have? Yes, absolutely but it's also a fairly large financial expense that usually requires you to overwork your employees. I suppose it really depends on where your priorities are, but I would rather my employees have a good work-life balance, good pay and like their job. If you value security much more, then I can see why you'd prefer your system. :)
You can have a good work-life balance, if you don't desire so much money. In a trade-based system, you can work relatively less for less benefits, though still enjoy life-long employment.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,495 Posts
You can have a good work-life balance, if you don't desire so much money. In a trade-based system, you can work relatively less for less benefits, though still enjoy life-long employment.
Your system will probably work just fine if you hire people who are very security oriented as there are a lot of people who would give up some pay for more assurances of stable employment. I happen to prefer the current system that uses money as a form of currency because when you have a fairly busy life and a family to care for, trying to essentially barter for everything can quickly become too difficult or too much of a hassle. Having money and exchanging my work for money is just easier in my case and I have a skillset that isn't too common so I can confidently ask for higher pay. :)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Your system will probably work just fine if you hire people who are very security oriented as there are a lot of people who would give up some pay for more assurances of stable employment. I happen to prefer the current system that uses money as a form of currency because when you have a fairly busy life and a family to care for, trying to essentially barter for everything can quickly become too difficult or too much of a hassle. Having money and exchanging my work for money is just easier in my case and I have a skillset that isn't too common so I can confidently ask for higher pay. :)
You can also request for similar benefits in a Trade-based system, besides life-long employment.

·
Registered
INFJ 2w1
6,348 Posts
It's claimed that money was invented, because it's difficult for people to carry logs and sheep to trade at the same market, so people exchanged something of value that was easier to carry. However, with the computer age, people can exchange things electronically, so someone with 100 sheep can trade that for logs quite easily. This places a value on produce, instead of cost. In this system, companies will provide their employees with housing, food, insurance, retirement benefits, and their choice of clothing, instead of money, and employees choose which companies to work for based on the quality of life the company provides. This thus places an emphasis on how companies treat their employees, instead of how companies can generate ever greater profits. Instead of people focusing on what the individual can do to generate value, people will focus more on what can be produced to live a quality life. People will pay more attention to the environment and each other, instead of what they can buy.

What do you guys think? Thank you for reading and please share your opinions or thoughts.
you mean slave labor?

21 - 40 of 53 Posts