Personality Cafe banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Yeah but then you would probably be worked to death. :p
People actually "work to death" in a monetary system, because their focus is on making money. In a trade-based system, as long as your service is useful, people can always find value with what you have, and are willing to trade with you.

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
4,160 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ - 4w5 (497) - so/sx
403 Posts
What part/s of monetary systems dont you like.

·
Registered
INTJ-Fi, 5w4 Sx
662 Posts
I and OP have one single thing in common, we indeed do not like the current monetary system... =w=

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,495 Posts
People actually "work to death" in a monetary system, because their focus is on making money. In a trade-based system, as long as your service is useful, people can always find value with what you have, and are willing to trade with you.
Well, building wealth means you can eventually retire. Your system seems to discourage not ever working. Your flag says you're from China and I know modern day China very much has a "work will set you free" outlook on life, but what happens when you're old and no longer want to or are capable of more work? What about children, do they have to work say part-time too? I'd hope not because child labor is frowned upon in most parts of the world. 🤣 Also I guess a bit of a second issue I have with your proposal is it sounds like it would be markedly inefficient compared to a free-market.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well, building wealth means you can eventually retire. Your system seems to discourage not ever working. Your flag says you're from China and I know modern day China very much has a "work will set you free" outlook on life, but what happens when you're old and no longer want to or are capable of more work? What about children, do they have to work say part-time too? I'd hope not because child labor is frowned upon in most parts of the world. 🤣 Also I guess a bit of a second issue I have with your proposal is it sounds like it would be markedly inefficient compared to a free-market.
Life-long employment also comes with life-long benefits, so you can still have food sent to you, even if you don't work. Also, at old age, people close to you, like relatives and children, will also take care of you.

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
What part/s of monetary systems dont you like.
There will always be certain people in debt in a monetary system, whether it's borrowing money for food, rent, clothing. This puts a lot of stress on making more money, and creates separation among people in the community. It's more about accumulating wealth and building a bread-basket, than sharing with each other.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,495 Posts
Life-long employment also comes with life-long benefits, so you can still have food sent to you, even if you don't work. Also, at old age, people close to you, like relatives and children, will also take care of you.
So how is that sustainable? Also, what about the children. Your system sounds like you'd want them to work too. Child labor is fairly regressive. :p

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
So how is that sustainable? Also, what about the children. Your system sounds like you'd want them to work too. Child labor is fairly regressive. :p
By the time you are old, your children would have become independent adults, so they can take care of you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like your idea!
That's always one of my factors. Though you can't understand the real sympathy of your company unless you get yourself in a really bad situation.
Our world is based on creating values, so most employers will provide for you as long as you create values for them. They let you take care of your own personal needs like it's almost none of their businesses.
But we are moving towards that future, don't worry. If you told someone back in 300 years ago about a free healthcare support system, they must have laughed at you but as you can see, we are much more important to each other than just values right now... Or you can say humans learned to look for long-term opportunities and values instead of destroying their workers lives because of some natural things that happen to everyone.
The problem is, our population is getting a little out of control and the automation is progressing crazily. If you take out these two factors, the whole world will become more wise and caring for sure...

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Sure but who wants that.
Older people tend to like and appreciate the presence of family and grandchildren.

I like your idea!
That's always one of my factors. Though you can't understand the real sympathy of your company unless you get yourself in a really bad situation.
Our world is based on creating values, so most employers will provide for you as long as you create values for them. They let you take care of your own personal needs like it's almost none of their businesses.
But we are moving towards that future, don't worry. If you told someone back in 300 years ago about a free healthcare support system, they must have laughed at you but as you can see, we are much more important to each other than just values right now... Or you can say humans learned to look for long-term opportunities and values instead of destroying their workers lives because of some natural things that happen to everyone.
The problem is, our population is getting a little out of control and the automation is progressing crazily. If you take out these two factors, the whole world will become more wise and caring for sure...
It would be better for population to expand indefinitely, though currently, developed countries are experiencing a stall in population growth, partly due to high property prices and insecure employment.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,495 Posts
Older people tend to like and appreciate the presence of family and grandchildren.

It would be better for population to expand indefinitely, though currently, developed countries are experiencing a stall in population growth, partly due to high property prices and insecure employment.
Yes but being visited by family and grandchildren is one thing, being dependent on them is another. I suppose I just very much like being able to somewhat independent, and I like knowing that my kids will one day grow up to be independent as well. Of course I'd want the kids and grandchildren to visit my wife and I but I wouldn't them to have to be obligated to take care of us. We can take care of one another if need be. 🙂

41 - 53 of 53 Posts