Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm definitely an INFP but I've noticed that I put a lot of emphasis on art and technique and skill. how things are supposed to be done and how to better them. This is an SP trait, and I was wondering if that was strange or not or if other INFPs value art and details as the ISFP? And what other traits could we share with them? I've also heard SPs and NFs don't get along well and was wondering why that is when They both value art and creativity...

Reactions: Evgenia

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I love SPs! I often do have much in common with them, especially SFPs. I like them for friends more so than to date though.

I don't think artistic skill is an "SP trait". Any type can be an artist, and INFPs certainly are inclined to be given our cognitive functions (Fi requires unique expression, Ne finds innovative methods). Consider these points from an INFP profile:

Nearly all INFPs will recognize the following characteristics in themselves. They should embrace and nourish these strengths:

- Highly creative, artistic and spiritual, they can produce wonderful works of art, music and literature. INFPs are natural artists. They will find great satisfaction if they encourage and develop their artistic abilities. That doesn't mean that an INFP has to be a famous writer or painter in order to be content. Simply the act of "creating" will be a fulfilling source of renewal and refreshment to the INFP. An INFP should allow himself or herself some artistic outlet, because it will add enrichment and positive energy to their life.
Although they [INFPs] are not detail-oriented individuals, they will cover every possible detail with determination and vigor when working for their "cause".
A "cause" is anything we deem important - and that would certainly include our artistic projects. :happy:

INFPs have very high standards and are perfectionists.
From my observations, I am more concerned with making things perfect than SPs are. I think it has to do with being idealistic. This can make me seek out how to do something "correctly". Although I think inferior Te of both IxFPs can make you get very hung up on things being "just so" when they're important to you.

Reactions: Paradigm and Aero

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think the SPs will gain skill a bit more easily, but NFs will have an easier time having something good to express. I also think it takes a bit of both for many types of art. You need the product to be quality, and for there to be a meaning to it.

Also, though I don't know how the theory says, I know we aren't limited to being only a certain thing. You can develop your S side more. In my case, as far as I can tell, my Ti is fairly developed, though I wouldn't dare compare or pit it against a mature Ti-dominant person. However, it's enough to beat the less matured T types at their own game.

You could definitely do the same with S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts