Personality Cafe banner

2481 - 2494 of 2494 Posts

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts
Nice, but so expensive. I haven't felt a need for a packer personally, like idk, I don't feel like the nature of my masculinity hinges on whether I got some brunt in my underwear, but the idea of a penis seems to unconsciously creep more into my mind, seeing how I've had dreams about that twice now quite recently. First I don't remember anymore, but last I remember being asked if I literally had a penis or not, and I just whipped on out of my pants lol, and then the other person said something like "good, you're not trans" or something. Weird as hell.
I think I understand, but my boyfriend's concern isn't having a penis but also sex, thus I wanted to know if it's actually worth it or not.

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
Hey guys, I want to share a success story with you. (I don't identify as trans, I'm gender-not-bothered). But this might be relevant:

The other day I was trying on some men's clothes at a department store and an assistant bust me out of the fitting room. It was designated "Fitting Room", without any specification. But they do have a policy which says that this fitting room is male-only. Fair enough, I can accept that. But the fella was really rude and said I can't take the clothes to the female fitting room to try them on. He hollered and acted like an idiot (he accused me of being in the same cubicle with my husband, getting up to naughty things, when I was actually in a separate cubicle, trying on clothes). When my husband explained that I wear men's clothes, the fella was really dismissive.
So I wrote a letter of complaint online saying that the fella's aim should be to make a sale and he has no right to discourage me from trying on men's clothes.
The customer service department were really apologetic and invited me to come back and talk to the manager.

So if shop assistants direct you to the section that they think you should go to, don't feel embarrassed and give up! Tell them what you are looking for and ask them for help. If they don't want to help you, complain! Make it clear that you are a paying customer and not a naughty child or criminal! Please don't feel that you have to hide and be sneaky about buying the clothes you want! It's the shop assistants' job to make money for the company and their personal opinion doesn't matter.

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
Hey guys, I want to share a success story with you. (I don't identify as trans, I'm gender-not-bothered). But this might be relevant:

The other day I was trying on some men's clothes at a department store and an assistant bust me out of the fitting room. It was designated "Fitting Room", without any specification. But they do have a policy which says that this fitting room is male-only. Fair enough, I can accept that. But the fella was really rude and said I can't take the clothes to the female fitting room to try them on. He hollered and acted like an idiot (he accused me of being in the same cubicle with my husband, getting up to naughty things, when I was actually in a separate cubicle, trying on clothes). When my husband explained that I wear men's clothes, the fella was really dismissive.
So I wrote a letter of complaint online saying that the fella's aim should be to make a sale and he has no right to discourage me from trying on men's clothes.
The customer service department were really apologetic and invited me to come back and talk to the manager.

So if shop assistants direct you to the section that they think you should go to, don't feel embarrassed and give up! Tell them what you are looking for and ask them for help. If they don't want to help you, complain! Make it clear that you are a paying customer and not a naughty child or criminal! Please don't feel that you have to hide and be sneaky about buying the clothes you want! It's the shop assistants' job to make money for the company and their personal opinion doesn't matter.
I agree. Unfortunately the beliefs and the attitudes often gets in the way of good customer service, even though if you want to maximize sells, who you are selling to should obviously not matter, unless the target demographic is very specified e.g. you don't sell sex toys to underaged people, lol. But outside of that.

·
The No More Hero
18,285 Posts

I was once kicked out for a dresser for trying male clothes in the male area dressers. No signs but apparently there male only. Of course, I never got my feet there again. It was a pretty bad move.

·
Loon Princess
3,314 Posts
Whew, I won't lie, it is something that has crossed my mind, but I'm simply caught in a fog with that too. I have come to a point where I start to question what exactly being male or female means, for me that is. I go through loops where I come to no concrete conclusions.
What it possibly comes down to... I suppose I just don't feel 'free' under my current state. It doesn't feel natural to express myself how I want to... it's difficult to explain.

Arghhh, I know this reply doesn't really clarify much to your question, but I do thank you for the input regardless! So fuzzy on all this.
The Null HypotheCis

Your error is that you're using cis as the null hypothesis, when there is no null hypothesis.

Some questions are better answered by going with it and exploring.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Wow, there's barely anyone writing in this thread.

Hi, I'm trans. I don't have a story to tell (yet) I just finally accepted it after 3 years of denial and confusion. Wish I could I have figured out my identity during my adolescence but oh well, I guess I still have time. I'm considering taking hormones but I'd have to wait a bit and find a safe place to stay first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ooh sweet, good thread!!! Just wanted to say I'm a trans man (starting T by the end of this month hopefully!!!!) & I'm here if anyone needs to talk eg advice or help figuring things out :proud: <3

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hello people.

I think I've rewritten this post at least five times already, so here's the shortest possible way:

- There's this guy I (reallly-really) like, couple of dates, only a few kisses.
- I've recently learned he's transgender, he wants to be a woman. (cannot do it yet for several other reasons, but he wants to fully be a woman in the future)
- He's attracted to women (and to me in particular :cool: )
- He's ok with using masculine pronouns on himself for now.

And about me:

- I am attracted to him because of the way he looks as a man, yes. but that's not the reason I LIKE him. His personality and his mind are what I can potentially fall for.
- Even though I have to say I am straight because I cannot claim being bisexual since I've never been attracted to a woman, I've always been very open to questioning my straightness whenever that time may come.

So, I'm sharing this for two reasons:
1- I want to know if there's anyone who's experienced something similar.
2- I want to know the transgender side. What to expect from me, if there's something I shouldn't ask/say. How the best way could be for me to express how I feel about him no matter how he looks.

·
Registered
543 Posts
2- I want to know the transgender side. What to expect from me, if there's something I shouldn't ask/say. How the best way could be for me to express how I feel about him no matter how he looks.
Really happy for you Olonny.
Yes, it’s a new experience for you, but focus on the connection you have with him/her rather than gender itself.
Develope a deeper understanding of knowing each other more intimately (emotional rather than sexual).

I’d write more, but it’s 4am and havent been to sleep yet! I’m kinda busy for next two days, but you can always PM me if you’d like some first hand knowledge.

in the meantime, just remember ...

8F341160-6A5C-4915-9A08-C7469BF407FF.jpg

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you like them then just follow your heart.
You could post those questions at https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/

And yes I do post there :wink:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just saw this thread and I'm commenting because although I'm not transgender, I've worked a lot with it, and so I just wanna say that if you guys have any questions regarding the medical/biological aspect of gender transition you can tag me or DM me and I'll do my best to dig for answers!

·
Banned
253 Posts
I recommend doing word search puzzles. You have got to do some.

First of all, its words, second of all, you need only time and energy and the word search puzzle on whatever (paper) and a pencil/pen/mechanical pencil/crayon.

2481 - 2494 of 2494 Posts