Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever traveled for fun ?

my goal/dream is to travel. I have never traveled. As a kid we moved constantly.....so I had to get used to making a best friend and leaving....felt like dealing with death.....then as an adult have had to work a lot and put myself through college and graduate school.....so no time or money to travel for fun.

Actually, I did travel 1 time for fun....when I was 16 years old I flew by myself to Florida to visit a former pastor and his family and we went to the beach....was a lot of fun. But aside from that....never traveled for fun.

So, if you have traveled, where have you been? What was fun about it?

If like me you haven't traveled....where would you like to go?

Here's my travel fantasy: take a hot man with me and go with him alone to: 1. see the northern lights in Norway......2. or camp at this one place in Texas (where I live) that has a Dinosaur footprint and camp under the stars.....3. or go to Scotland and spend the night in a castle....have a picnic outside........4. or go to Greece....5. or Italy.....go to museums.....go to typical visor sites to see the history......eat/try real Greek or Italian food......eat at a nice place later that night.....snuggle....that's it.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

·
Registered
INTP 683 sp/sx VLEF melancholic
18,484 Posts
Well stelliferous means of the stars so I'm down for number 2

Reactions: musician gal

·
Registered
ᚾᛁᚦᛁᚴᛦ
397 Posts
I went to South Africa when I was 11 and Romania when I was 19. The Romania trip was a volunteer thing rather than for fun, but it was still enjoyable. I've been to Canada too, though that's not saying much given I live fairly close to the Northern border. I'd like to see Hungary, Russia, and Serbia someday, in part because of family heritage there. I'd also like to visit Japan and any Nordic country, not picky about which.

I like the idea of spending at least a month in any place I visit in order to get a better taste of what it might be like to actually live there, as well as having time to acclimate somewhat to the language. That is definitely wishful thinking though, but thoughts about travel tend to be anyway. Something I liked about my trip to Romania is that I really wasn't there as a tourist - I didn't see the sights or stay in hotels. I just lived in a village with everyone else, and thus managed to come to understand some of what was said to me in the language despite being mostly unable to speak it in return.

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
Would love to vacation for a few months in NZ mainly around the south island then onto other places.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to South Africa when I was 11 and Romania when I was 19. The Romania trip was a volunteer thing rather than for fun, but it was still enjoyable. I've been to Canada too, though that's not saying much given I live fairly close to the Northern border. I'd like to see Hungary, Russia, and Serbia someday, in part because of family heritage there. I'd also like to visit Japan and any Nordic country, not picky about which.

I like the idea of spending at least a month in any place I visit in order to get a better taste of what it might be like to actually live there, as well as having time to acclimate somewhat to the language. That is definitely wishful thinking though, but thoughts about travel tend to be anyway. Something I liked about my trip to Romania is that I really wasn't there as a tourist - I didn't see the sights or stay in hotels. I just lived in a village with everyone else, and thus managed to come to understand some of what was said to me in the language despite being mostly unable to speak it in return.
ok that is really cool that you actually lived in the village among Romanians.

thank you for mentioning that you'd like to stay for a month when visiting the places you dream to visit....I didn't think to put the length of time to stay when traveling....and I agree that staying just a couple days or even a week really isn't long enough....

I'd love to stay at least 2 weeks in a place if at all possible to see everything of their history and taste food and just enjoy being in a new place....

thank you for your comment ! :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
I used to travel to Vegas quite a lot, on average twice a year. I live in the UK. I don't go there anymore. My last trip there was in 2012. But I don't really have any desire to travel now, to be honest. I do most of my traveling on Google Earth and most places look the same to me.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used to travel to Vegas quite a lot, on average twice a year. I live in the UK. I don't go there anymore. My last trip there was in 2012. But I don't really have any desire to travel now, to be honest. I do most of my traveling on Google Earth and most places look the same to me.
understandable. I've never been to the UK so that's definitely on my bucketlist. I have a friend in England that keeps telling me to come visit and he'd let me stay with him and his girlfriend....I also have a friend in Scotland that's been wanting me to come visit her.....she has been to New York prior to having kids.....and she mentioned she'd like to visit NY again. My English friend hasn't mentioned any desire to come to America lol....

thank you for your comment. :) x

·
Banned
709 Posts
I have a long list of places that I would love to visit. Destinations range from Iceland to Argentina and from India to New Zealand. The big 'goal', if you can call it that, is to set foot on all continents at least once. At the moment I can say I have been to three: North-America, South-America and Europe (where I live).

Unlike some others here I've been priviliged. Travelled a lot from a young age. Mostly in Europe (Italy, UK, Austria, France among other destinations) but in the USA and in Peru as well.

Right now I would LOVE to visit Patagonia (Chili & Argentina), but those trips are incredibly expensive so will have to save up money big time.

·
Banned
7,291 Posts
Right now I would LOVE to visit Patagonia (Chili & Argentina), but those trips are incredibly expensive so will have to save up money big time.
Hey, I've actually been there! I've always felt like I needed to go back and do that trip again as the Real Me, and not the party me, because there was so much I didn't do.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes, I love travelling. I’ve been to BC, Ontario, Newfoundland, Washington, California, Oregon, Texas, Massachusetts, New York, Florida, Hawaii, New Jersey, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Mexico, England, Ireland, Scotland, and France. My family have been to way more places, but I’ve been unable to travel with them much over the years due to work and school, then being pregnant. They go to Spain almost every year and visited Morocco last time as well.

Next year my husband and I will probably go back to Ireland but we’re also planning a trip to Italy and Greece as soon as the baby can be left with her grandparents for a week or two. We’ve also been considering taking a cruise down to Mexico or something in the near future, or spending a week in the Maritimes.

·
Banned
709 Posts
Hey, I've actually been there! I've always felt like I needed to go back and do that trip again as the Real Me, and not the party me, because there was so much I didn't do.....
Party you went to Patagonia? The sparsely populated end of the inhabited/civilized world Patagonia? Where did you party? The loneliest pub in the world? xD

But seriously........................HOW WAS IT????

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
I have a long list of places that I would love to visit. Destinations range from Iceland to Argentina and from India to New Zealand. The big 'goal', if you can call it that, is to set foot on all continents at least once. At the moment I can say I have been to three: North-America, South-America and Europe (where I live).

Unlike some others here I've been priviliged. Travelled a lot from a young age. Mostly in Europe (Italy, UK, Austria, France among other destinations) but in the USA and in Peru as well.

Patagonia is one of those rare places that would be a nice option for those wanting to get away and to have some real peace in life away from the noise of the barbaric world of asphalt and concrete.

·
Banned
7,291 Posts
Party you went to Patagonia? The sparsely populated end of the inhabited/civilized world Patagonia? Where did you party? The loneliest pub in the world? xD

But seriously........................HOW WAS IT????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :laughing: I totally missed the PATAGONIA part. I only saw Chile/Argentina. I was mostly in Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar in Chile, and I made a brief foray into Argentina (Mendoza). But, you know what, I ALWAYS party best when I'm alone, so I could probably pull it off: Patagonia PARTAY!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, I love travelling. I’ve been to BC, Ontario, Newfoundland, Washington, California, Oregon, Texas, Massachusetts, New York, Florida, Hawaii, New Jersey, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Mexico, England, Ireland, Scotland, and France. My family have been to way more places, but I’ve been unable to travel with them much over the years due to work and school, then being pregnant. They go to Spain almost every year and visited Morocco last time as well.

Next year my husband and I will probably go back to Ireland but we’re also planning a trip to Italy and Greece as soon as the baby can be left with her grandparents for a week or two. We’ve also been considering taking a cruise down to Mexico or something in the near future, or spending a week in the Maritimes.
wow you've been to a lot of cool countries and places !!!!! I admire that.....and happy for you and your husband to re-visit Ireland and make more family memories.....

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :laughing: I totally missed the PATAGONIA part. I only saw Chile/Argentina. I was mostly in Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar in Chile, and I made a brief foray into Argentina (Mendoza). But, you know what, I ALWAYS party best when I'm alone, so I could probably pull it off: Patagonia PARTAY!
That's pretty cool. Seems a little random. What brought you that way? A man? :p

I've recently decided I want to go to Egypt. I know a beautiful woman (who I've known for maybe 15 years now from some old anime forum) who lives there and she never ended up getting married and is still liking all my memes and profile pics so I will try to hit her up when I am there.

Apart from that, I want to meet some soccer hooligans at a tea house to talk local politics w/. And I want to visit Saladin's citadel in Cairo to visit the egyptian war history museum there.

I figure the whole thing would cost me 1,200 bucks.. but since I've saved up more than that in the past few months, I figure why the hell not?

·
Registered
INTP 683 sp/sx VLEF melancholic
18,484 Posts

I've recently decided I want to go to Egypt. I know a beautiful woman (who I've known for maybe 15 years now from some old anime forum) who lives there and she never ended up getting married and is still liking all my memes and profile pics so I will try to hit her up when I am there.

Apart from that, I want to meet some soccer hooligans at a tea house to talk local politics w/. And I want to visit Saladin's citadel in Cairo to visit the egyptian war history museum there.

I figure the whole thing would cost me 1,200 bucks.. but since I've saved up more than that in the past few months, I figure why the hell not?
I'm guessing her love for astrology brought her that way

gosh

·
Banned
7,291 Posts
I'm guessing her love for astrology brought her that way

gosh
Dang, :unsure:, I wish it was as exciting as either of those two things. But, no. Just a boring old study-abroad during college. I think it had to happen the way it did. I was such a United States-hater at the time time, it was good for me to go somewhere and completely act the part of what I thought I loathed. Mostly hung out with other Americans going to clubs, etc. Culturally, it was a waste; psychologically it was a gold mine. Hard-core shadow integration. But I still fantasize about going back to apologize to my host family in person, for many things, including getting red hair dye all over their tub and shower curtain, not ever coming home to eat the lunch she had ready for me, that time I accidentally set the timer on their living room stereo and Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" went off full-blast in the middle of the night, etc, etc. They were super cool people, and I really liked them, but Se-Se had me in a headlock.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts