Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that most ENFPs love to travel. So if money is of no issue, which country do you dream of visiting and why? You can comment below. I’d love some ideas of places to visit in my lifetime.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Haha, my ENFP sis always gets excited for trips of any sort.

I think that the destination matters less than how you choose to experience it. You don't have to go to far from home to have an adventure, so make the absolute most of each journey you take.

If you really want specifics, I travel mostly in my home state, Oregon. It has so much variety, the nature is fantastic, rich history around every corner and people who are more or less pretty cool, if ever so slightly redneck {;

·
Registered
179 Posts
I heard that most ENFPs love to travel. So if money is of no issue, which country do you dream of visiting and why? You can comment below. I’d love some ideas of places to visit in my lifetime.
I don't mind where we're going, but you can be sure as hell it's going to be so much fun a long the way :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
haha, its funny. i am not really *that* bothered by travelling. i went "backpacking" a few years back, and i genuinely hated it. i was counting the days until home.
i like journeying in the depths of my imagination. i like discovering strange things within my own mind. (daydreaming, basically).

BUT - if i had to pick somewhere to visit, it would be america - specifically the mississippi swamps, the prairies further north and then over to northwest america where people like kurt cobain and john fahey lived.

5,146 Posts
I'd travel to my computer seat and get online.

Personally, I strongly dislike traveling. I find material world tiresome and boring.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yeah if I could travel for free I'd definitely go all around the globe ! One of the best feelings is the excitement just before leaving, when you're packing your suitcases and dreaming about the journey :crazy:
The countries I want to explore the most are Costa Rica (to hike, climb, swim, dive, explore the jungle, watch sloths and birds in the wild, visit coffee farms) and Japan (mostly for the cities but also for nature).
There are cities that I'd love to visit but that also make me want to live there, for 1 year for instance : Montreal, Rome (already traveled there and it's amazing), Praha, and Arcachon (South West of France, by the ocean). Life there seems peaceful, I'd love to have my morning coffee on a terrace while I observe people and the city's architecture, then have a walk in beautiful gardens, read a book on a bench, find the hidden and unusual shops and places, eat at various restaurants.
But I agree that there's no need to go far away to live as a stranger and experience things with a fresh eye :proud:

Arcachon :
cute pine trees, incredible early 20's mansions, wide beaches and sand dunes (better than Cannes in my opinion :tongue: )

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Do it, definitely. I love it here. I'd recommend where to go but really... Prague is a city where you can just walk and discover amazing hidden gems of art and architecture. Just find a way up to the top of a hill to get a good view of the place.

Reactions: mangosloth

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Haha, my ENFP sis always gets excited for trips of any sort.

I think that the destination matters less than how you choose to experience it. You don't have to go to far from home to have an adventure, so make the absolute most of each journey you take.

If you really want specifics, I travel mostly in my home state, Oregon. It has so much variety, the nature is fantastic, rich history around every corner and people who are more or less pretty cool, if ever so slightly redneck {;
I'm in Oregon, too! Cool!
However what you're saying about the attitude being more important than the destination is absolutely NOT how a ENFP views it.
We always adjust our attitude where ever we are, so WHERE we go is pretty darn important to everything we are going to get to experience! And we love imagining and actually experiences all the NEW stuff. So the words "Different, New, Beautiful, Wild, Exotic, Interesting, Curious, Historic," ect. are ENCHANTING words. We want it all in travel!

Reactions: Librarian

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
haha, its funny. i am not really *that* bothered by travelling. i went "backpacking" a few years back, and i genuinely hated it. i was counting the days until home.
i like journeying in the depths of my imagination. i like discovering strange things within my own mind. (daydreaming, basically).

BUT - if i had to pick somewhere to visit, it would be america - specifically the mississippi swamps, the prairies further north and then over to northwest america where people like kurt cobain and john fahey lived.
Organs, where do you live?

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Oh my gosh... I want to go EVERYWHERE! And I don't want to just go.... I want to stay long enough to meet people and dig out all the riches of the mines of humanity of that place. I like all the history.... I like all the people... I like all the beauty of nature and of architecture.
Where don't I want to go? If someone paid me and my family to go to Antartica I would gladly experience it all.
There's no better education than travel. There's nothing like it to expand, broaden and deepen your mind.
I might post some of my specific dreams of travel later today or something. There should be a post for us talking about where we have been too. There are a lot of world travelers and people who have lived in several countries here. I'm going to go cook scallops for my family for lunch. I love scallops, it's been a while since I've had some. =)

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I have to pick just ONE? That's cruel of you forcing an ENFP to narrow it down.

I dream of travelling because of the variety so just a single country won't be enough.

Places on my list... in order of necessity:

1. Japan, there's a thousand places I need to visit there, from traditional Japanese shrines, animal sanctuaries to the arcades, the maid cafes, the nerd's dream havens and Harajuku for the fashion. I owe it to my weaboo 14-year old self to go, probably more than once so I can fit everything in.

2. Canada and Jamaica because I owe two grandparents an overdue visit. Although I have visited both countries before. There's still a lot of Canada I am yet to explore, I'd love to go hiking and canoeing in the lakes. Oh, and while I'm at it, there must be some places I can see the Northern Lights in Canada, right?

3. Australia and New Zealand. I put them together because I'd probably try to do both at the same time. I have my first ever best friend over in New Zealand, I need to visit since they slept on my couch, I'm owed a bed over there. It's also got to be a stunning climate in Australia and New Zealand is stunning in its own way.

4. Kenya, I need to tick off at least one country in Africa, I hope to do more though. Kenya is a little safer in terms of climate and it's a place where my dad lived for a bit of his childhood, so I guess preferably I'd go with him to see a little more of my dad's life. Guyana is on the list for the same reason. Gotta get back to my ancestral ROOTS.

5. Brazil, I don't know why I've always felt this affinity to Brazil, I don't know why. I think it's my kind of country. Rough and colourful, full of life. I need to get to Rio.

I've had the fortune of being able to have travelled a lot throughout my life, so there are already some amazing countries that I've been to, otherwise, they would be on the list too. New York (yeah I know, not a country), Cuba, South India were some of the more memorable places. Oh, and Italy, I can never complain about Italy, the most travelled to country since I have family there.

·
Registered
15,439 Posts
I'm guessing you mean places I haven't been to yet
Viet Nam ( my homeland - never been)
Santorini, greece
Bali
India
Denmark (Copenhagen)
Ireland ( cork and Dublin)
North and South Carolina
Vermont
Austin, Texas

Places to revisit

Paris!!!!! My favorite city in the entire world
Belgium
London ( it was raining cats and dogs last time I was there )
Vienna
Seattle and Portland ( which I do on a yearly basis )
NYC ( specifically Manhattan)
Montreal

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
Ireland ( cork and Dublin)
Oh, yeah, I'm still waiting on my man to show me his home country properly. (went for a weekend wedding... not much of an experience of Ireland! And in the middle of nowhere. Saw like 2 hours of Dublin!)

London ( it was raining cats and dogs last time I was there )
You, uh, counting on seeing it when it's not raining? Aha, good luck on that. You might accidentally stumble across the 3 days of summer in London. It's sporadic and no one can predict when it'll be. Sometimes it's in April, sometimes it's in September. One thing's for sure, it's never convenient.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm in Oregon, too! Cool!
However what you're saying about the attitude being more important than the destination is absolutely NOT how a ENFP views it.
We always adjust our attitude where ever we are, so WHERE we go is pretty darn important to everything we are going to get to experience! And we love imagining and actually experiences all the NEW stuff. So the words "Different, New, Beautiful, Wild, Exotic, Interesting, Curious, Historic," ect. are ENCHANTING words. We want it all in travel!
Oh I think that's definitely true for ENFPs! I just have a more simple view of it myself :)

Cool to meet a fellow Oregonian. I'm curious, where have you traveled that gives you the feelings you described? Sounds like fun places to explore. Anyplace specifically in Oregon you like to visit? We love the coast, my sis loves it for the variety. We also once took a long trip through East. Oregon; Joseph and that area was lovely, if a little "lonely" for those who live there. But very fun to see and visit!

·
Registered
ENFP 3w4 359 sp/sx
1,409 Posts
...travel!!!
I would wholeheartedly embrace it! Currently, I'm simply not in the position to plan flights to foreign nations, or roadtrips around the U.S., as much as I'd like to. As a substitute, I've found that exploring local, obscure nooks and crannies is almost just as amusing. Expeditions on foot through nearby neighborhoods and the surrounding area is mind-opening. I've been wanting to get my hands on a tiny state reserve that's about 2-3 blocks from where I live. In the future, there are a few abandoned amusement parks, ghost towns, or condemned industrial parks that appear particularly intriguing. Woodsy trails and winding country roads are always fascinating as well!
Ech, it's a little risque...but, haha, whatever. I'm planning on buying a machete, anyway.:kitteh: You know, for the phantoms.

EDIT: If I did have the money, though, I'd go everywhere I could.
Mmn, everywhere that wasn't a nuclear waste site, that is.

·
Registered
15,439 Posts
Oh, yeah, I'm still waiting on my man to show me his home country properly. (went for a weekend wedding... not much of an experience of Ireland! And in the middle of nowhere. Saw like 2 hours of Dublin!)

You, uh, counting on seeing it when it's not raining? Aha, good luck on that. You might accidentally stumble across the 3 days of summer in London. It's sporadic and no one can predict when it'll be. Sometimes it's in April, sometimes it's in September. One thing's for sure, it's never convenient.
Ooh you're man is Irish ! I've always had a soft spot for the Irish

Yeah London rains pretty much all year round - i was there in July and it was pouring

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,567 Posts
I live in England!
Aw, yeah! A fellow Brit!

...travel!!!
I would wholeheartedly embrace it! Currently, I'm simply not in the position to plan flights to foreign nations, or roadtrips around the U.S., as much as I'd like to. As a substitute, I've found that exploring local, obscure nooks and crannies is almost just as amusing. Expeditions on foot through nearby neighborhoods and the surrounding area is mind-opening. I've been wanting to get my hands on a tiny state reserve that's about 2-3 blocks from where I live. In the future, there are a few abandoned amusement parks, ghost towns, or condemned industrial parks that appear particularly intriguing. Woodsy trails and winding country roads are always fascinating as well!
Ech, it's a little risque...but, haha, whatever. I'm planning on buying a machete, anyway.:kitteh: You know, for the phantoms.

EDIT: If I did have the money, though, I'd go everywhere I could.
Mmn, everywhere that wasn't a nuclear waste site, that is.
That actually all seems pretty much the dream. Discovering the undiscovered, the abandoned, the atmospheric. We don't need to travel far neccessarily to discover something strange... but that depends on where you live. Ideally I'd find a place that's always begging to be explored and evolves so I can find new things.

Reactions: Llyralen and 0rgans

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Oh I think that's definitely true for ENFPs! I just have a more simple view of it myself :)

Cool to meet a fellow Oregonian. I'm curious, where have you traveled that gives you the feelings you described? Sounds like fun places to explore. Anyplace specifically in Oregon you like to visit? We love the coast, my sis loves it for the variety. We also once took a long trip through East. Oregon; Joseph and that area was lovely, if a little "lonely" for those who live there. But very fun to see and visit!
I live in Newport, and we love it. I'm on the beach nearly every day. We decided to move almost 3 years ago from our home state, Utah. Since it was a very deliberate move (like there was no reason except that we wanted a change, I had always wanted to live in Oregon, and also wanted to get away from our in-laws) we chose my favorite place.

I haven't gotten to travel nearly as much as some of the ENFPs on here. But I place great value in it-- a week somewhere is like a 6 months of reading about the place, I'd say.

My two grandmothers are from Europe (Germany and Sweden), and I lived in Denmark for a few years and traveled some in Europe. My parents have lived in Germany, Czech Republic, and Slovakia and have spent quite a lot of time traveling in many places in Europe. What I feel is that if you get to have food at people's homes and you get to hear their stories about what happened to them in WW2 or what happened to their parents (or other wars, or whatever history they are telling you), then it can really change your perspective of a lot of things. I learned that I AM an American, something I took for granted, and that I loved learning to be Danish (and still feel like I'm part Danish). You don't really know how to define your own thinking until it is in stark contrast to others. Also learning a new language--- I think I was slightly different in Danish. I think I was calmer. You learn the concepts of that language and they can be concepts we don't have in English and didn't know they existed to place value on them. In Denmark they value "hygge" it means a harmonious, cozy time with people. And rooms and places can be "hyggligt". They also value things that are delightful-- "Dejlig". Anyway, yeah... the history of a place and learning from the people there is ideal. I loved how their memory of history of a town or place can go back 1000 years. We went to a town in Sweden where the locals were able to tell me about my great great grandfather-- the crazy things that he did growing up there in that town, they just rattled it off. He stood on that big boulder and he used to pretend to be speaking to a great audience... that's what they told me about him growing up. He became a preacher, and when their church burned down, he preached from the boulder while they built the new one. Folk memory... And you know, I learned to cook Danish food and to love their songs and their comedians and all the stuff they love. Otherwise, even without people to share all that, I will travel anyway and just take in what I can.
Traveling around the USA: So other than across the USA (I used to be in touring choirs and we would stay with people along our way. I've been in every state except Maine and Alaska-- I'd like to go to all 50). I've been in Canada along the borders pretty much, Toronto and British Columbia. I've been to Mexico several times and I've been to the Caribbean but just on a cruise, is all. The most interesting part was Belize, which I found interesting and a group of locals took us scuba diving and told us their history. They were speaking English Creol, the group we were with. But that country has 3 distinct populations each with awesome history. I only learned this from the group, and they helped us see turtles and lion fish and.... yeah... loved it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts