Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it's just me,
or are there many of you guys here who also feel like this, ie: you just want to drop all the shits that you're currently working on, and just go being a vagabond or something, and just wander 'aimlessly' through/across this planet, meeting new interesting people and culture, experiencing other culture's music, dances, places, and spreading some kindness, all done WITHOUT necessarily needing those five-star hotel's facilities, super-expensive & 'prestigious' lunch (hell, that one little ramen corner in Tokyo is already good enough!), first-class business trips, shopping expensive clothes, bags, etc etc.

I'm currently typing this in my cramped office cubicle, in a dusty 'brownish' factory (with all these 'responsibilities & expectations' put upon me),
yet my mind just kept wandering off into how exciting it would be to live that kind of 'traveller/vagabond/adventurer' lifestyle,................instead of having all these comfy, nice office with all these grand-ultra luxurious furnitures at the top of the tower, with all the flashy Titles, benefits & achievements, etc etc.
really, what's the use with all of these 'glamorous, prestigious' things, when in the end, you're still pretty much 'trapped' all day in long in that one little box of ur cubicle, instead of freely exploring this planet?

does anybody also feel like me here?
or I'm just the damn weird one here thinking like a 'naive' little kid? (I'm 28 btw)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Oh yeah most definately. I'm 22 but have been thinking about this for three years now. The whole time I have kept my outgoings small (and my social connections) so when I finally get the strength to make the decision, I can easily cut and run and need only give my work a few weeks notice. But at the moment I'm bad with big decisions and I procrasinate but I'm trying to improve these.

I'm guessing its more to do with self-actualisation, which I understand is the combined use of Fi + Ne. Wanting to travel the world nomad style to experience or if not pursue a life a heck of a lot more fulfilling than our office ones. I think most go with Se, which seems to be nothing more but a super long vacation.

I'm right with you on that one, however I tell nobody about my plans because they like to suggest and even muscle in and it undermines the process for me.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Oh definately. Sometimes I get in my car and I just drive to the horizon... I feel like there's always another adventure just over the next hill. I wish that I could just wander the world over, and see EVERYTHING. There's so many experiences I haven't had yet, and it's like they're sitting there, whispering my name, telling me that freedom is so close....just go for it. Sadly, the world then tells those magical voices to shut up, get out, get a job and get serious. I am serious though! I just wish I wasn't a girl...so much less danger for a guy traveling around on his own. Guys, let's just go. Screw convention, I don't want to be a doctor/lawyer/whatever steady job. When I "grow up" (psh like that's ever going to happen), I'm going to be the wind. :happy:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@limelight3: lol at that "grow up? pssh like that's ever going to happen" :laughing:
thanks for commenting!
and btw, have I told you that I love your signature quote a lot? :)

4,757 Posts
Gah - that's such a romantic ideal of mine. Just being free, escaping, finding beautiful parts of the world that are not overrun with tourists.

Actually, one of my big things is that I can't stand looking like a tourist - I just want to naturally blend in and be anonymous (which can sometimes backfire - so many people in Ireland asked me for directions and I had to explain that I was a tourist just like them lol).

I love finding awesome, authentic places to eat (there was this restaurant in Florence where all the locals went and where nobody spoke English. It was fantastic).

And I love love love learning about the history and art and culture of different places.

No matter how much I see, I always want see more!

Reactions: limelight3 and niki

·
Registered
73 Posts
OMG, I love us INFP's. I had my friends questioning the sanity of my wanderlust for a few years. Then I find posts like this and the one about INFP's and Job's where 9 out of 10 said something like "explorer" as a desired vocation:crazy:

When I was 29 I just up'd and did it. Taught English in China for 6 months (had 3 weeks of vacation during), then traveled through Thailand and India for another 6 months while taking online courses from my hometown university. At the end I spent 2 (expensive even though I was frugal) weeks around Europe and had at least a full 3 months of completely free random roaming time that whole year. I just spontaneously got on trains n buses to unknown places, trekked through city mazes - aahhhh!! It was F---ing Great!!! Get ur asses going peeps! The only down side is that you'll gain knowledge and experience that no one you know (probably) will get. Which sucks really bad. That's the price.:sad: But every time I have a question about life now, I have more perspectives and paradigms to draw from. And although I'll might just do it again... and again, I feel ALOT better now that I got it out of my system. I can die happy.

Reactions: niki

·
Registered
526 Posts
@limelight3: lol at that "grow up? pssh like that's ever going to happen" :laughing:
thanks for commenting!
and btw, have I told you that I love your signature quote a lot? :)
haha I'm glad you laughed! That makes me happy, though it's very true. :laughing: Being adult is overrated.

Jack London is brilliant, isn't he? I read it in a book once, and I decided to adopt it as my credo as well.

Reactions: niki
1 - 7 of 7 Posts