Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Person means mask, you know that right?

The personae is what you wear, it is just a mask, the person(ae) is not what you are.

-Where is this person, can you point it out to me? No its just a fiction of the imagination of some.

People demand that you treat them not as women or men or children but recognize them for their person, oftentimes in combination with some demand for the recognition of exotic genders or sexual orientation. Possibly because it would become evident that as kids, or women or men, they are nothing much as proven by their ongoing behaviour.

All of it is just disgusting. It is perfectly fine to respect someone for being a good kid, man or woman, but whenever the person steps in that is where all of that ends.

You don't respect someone for acting out. It's not about what a person is not, but about the quality of a human. More than that it is something that you give, out of generosity, and giving is something that the egoist cannot understand.

These people are looking for every bit or recognition so that they can continue to believe that their deceit is true and so that they can continue to fool others without consequence. It doesn't take a super-genius to realize that their demands is just a form of politics, they try and make it so that others will treat them as a person and there must be a motive for it. It was never about the other, it was always about them. Their entire endeavour is self-centred. They have so much investment into their ego, and cannot see the real world beyond it.

Sucks to be them. Sucks to be a Mask.

·
Registered
24,005 Posts
Where is the giving in all this tearing down?

·
Registered
385 Posts
uhm, persona means mask, personae is the plural.

persona also means actor, by the way.

and i don't know if it is so bad to wear a mask. because it is also what ties a person together. see, i don't believe that we are such a unity, as persons. we like to think we are, we need to integrate our various behaviours and responses and emotions. we combine them to a so called personality - we have even described these, in MBTI for instance. such is our need for identity.

i don't believe that behind the mask is one person, a unity. i believe the mask merely allows ourself to manifest - to express ourselves in a coherent way in a moment, in a specific situation. then we move on to another situation and we can change our mask.

our mask allows us to interface with the world. and a person has a choice here, like an actor. but actors are not necessarily liars. it's just what the name says. they act. they are a part of a situation and interface with it.

unlike actors, people don't often make choices, only some do. most people put on a mask because they feel fear. their mask is used to hide their fear.

i think people are really fragmented. they consist of a series of actions, stemming from emotions, while deeper down there might be a uniform self that most people simply never get to meet, as they can't accept and face their fears. not to worry though. a person will get plenty of chances. until they succeed. we have masks. till we have faces.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
uhm, persona means mask, personae is the plural.
Right. Temporary confusion. Something about translating between Swedish, English and Latin. Its good that we all understand the intended meaning.

until they succeed. we have masks. till we have faces.
you already have that, unless you were in some terrible accident or something. Faces. Good to remember.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Right. Temporary confusion. Something about translating between Swedish, English and Latin. Its good that we all understand the intended meaning.

you already have that, unless you were in some terrible accident or something. Faces. Good to remember.
it's a book title, actually. but i also meant it as imagery - which i'm not going going to explain.

·
Registered
385 Posts
and you read lots of books?
the other day, i read a book about a boy who grew up in a graveyard. raised by the dead so to speak.

that's how i grew up. that's how i am growing up. if you catch my drift.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the other day, i read a book about a boy who grew up in a graveyard. raised by the dead so to speak.

that's how i grew up. that's how i am growing up. if you catch my drift.
I really don't. But I can appreciate the notion of growing up in the wild away from humans. I really would have preferred to be just like Mowgli, and grow up with wolves.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I really don't. But I can appreciate the notion of growing up in the wild away from humans. I really would have preferred to be just like Mowgli, and grow up with wolves.
well, if you read a lot, even as a kid, and you read authors that have already died - you're basically tutored by the dead, right?

though i read living authors, too. it's not like an author has to die in order to be read by me, heh.

i've noticed that the older i get, the more i start to like coming of age stories.

anyway. do you feel you were hindered in growing up?

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
well, if you read a lot, even as a kid, and you read authors that have already died - you're basically tutored by the dead, right?

though i read living authors, too. it's not like an author has to die in order to be read by me, heh.

i've noticed that the older i get, the more i start to like coming of age stories.

anyway. do you feel you were hindered in growing up?
The modern world lack coming of age rituals, or even recognition that there is such a thing. In fact people never grow up, at all, not knowing there is such a thing as growing up.

-I feel beaten, like a horse. Hackney Carriage. Fortunately that is not my life much anymore.

Edit: Speaking of which. Gurdjieff said that as long as your ideas are the same, you will never be apart. I like that. Its a bridge in time. If the words resonate with you those people are not really dead to you.

·
Registered
385 Posts
i'm sorry for derailing your thread, by the way.

ah, Gurdjieff! i guess it's an energy and frequency thing, yes.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump!

(Due to some bug, or a deleted post, I couldn't see that last message hence the bump.)

i'm sorry for derailing your thread, by the way.

ah, Gurdjieff! i guess it's an energy and frequency thing, yes.
What is?

·
Registered
385 Posts
"Gurdjieff said that as long as your ideas are the same, you will never be apart. I like that. Its a bridge in time. If the words resonate with you those people are not really dead to you."

what connects people in time and space, is their ideas and words, but i think of it as energy. or a frequency that you tune into.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts