Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trex reminds me of a chicken. I have like new art supplies and I haven’t tried out my new pens yet, so I wanted to draw a picture of a Trex is. Then I was like… I wonder how the real Trex looked like? What colour was it? What did it do with it’s cute arms? So I started thinking about it. And I remember hearing that maybe they had feathers. Then, the more I think of the general shape of a Trex, the more she reminds me of a chicken!

Because I visited my dad recently, right? And usually chickens can’t fly too high. But that day the chickens were on the roof above him, and he walked out. And I was like...omg if the chickens jump on him he’s going to get seriously injured because of their claws and legs!!!!

So I started reading more. I found this blog about Wrex: Wyrex’s fancy footwork and tender hands: Get to know this tyrannosaur’s softer side | BEYONDbones who was unearthed quite recently.

And if you compare Trex with a chicken’s bone structure found here: http://littleaustinite.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/chickenanatomy.gif

You don’t need large bones to have large wings! Why would the apex predator, the biggest, baddest dude around, not have a large wingspan?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrannosaurus

He is one of the largest land predators with one of the most powerful legs, so he would have used that to his full advantage. How?

By LEAPING ONTO HIS PREY AND BEARING THE FULL FORCE OF HIS AWESOME WEIGHT DOWN ON THE DINOSAURS SKULL!

But what would he leap from? TREES! And even small ranges, but most importantly TREES!

Because he lived on Larimidia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laramidia

Which was like a greenhouse at the time. Saurian: The Amazing Complexity of Laramidia

So you have fucking tall trees and fucking jumping dinosaurs that can leap from them! The Trex would have large wingspans, raining death down. AND BECAUSE OF THEIR LARGE WINGSPANS that’s why NO LARGE FEATHERS have been found. Have you seen birds collect dropped feathers from other birds for their nests? Yup. When a Trex dies, his feathers are taken quickly for nests. And large feathers would have helped regulate temperature for her eggs too.

No way you can get so big by just scavenging. Have to kill to eat and thrive for so many of them.

This is why triceratops https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceratopsia have such LARGE HORNY HEAD ARMOUR.

This is why hadrosaurs https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrosaurid have such SLIM MISLEADING HEADS.

Evolution. The dinos that have harder, more weaponised skulls could survive a gravity skull crush from Trex much easier. So they breed. Their children have even more bony protrusions on their head, etc. In the case of the triceratops, the large frill would have made aiming for the skull much harder, like how the spear in chinese martial arts have a red furry thing around it to distract the enemy. For the hadrosaurs, a slimmer head means a smaller target AND it also makes getting a grip with its feet harder for the Trex, leading to more falls from being off-balance.

It’s also why Sauropods have suuuupppeeer long necks too. They lookout for death Trex in trees, like meercats look out for each other.

Trex would have looked a lot like a chicken in terms or feathers, tail, body shape I think.

I mean think of it. You are the LARGEST predator around. You go through a forest. Did you hear how the Trex LUMBERS around BANG BANG BANG on the ground. All your prey would have scattered once they heard you coming.

But. If you hide in a lower tree branch, or a rocky cliff, maybe you’re keeping your eggs warm, and you wait until a prey comes along. BANG! You just have to jump out and you have dinner. Your feathers help like a guidance system. This is why they were able to get so big. You don’t become an apex predator by expanding more energy than you do in capturing your meal. The larger Trex could kill more dinos by pure weight alone.

You always always play to your strengths.

This is why the prey evolved to only have head protection, since they can always see a Trex coming and flee, but they can’t see it jumping down on them. Unless they are at the same height or higher than them. Because, if you think about it, those horns are pretty useless without the body and speed to go with it like a battering ram. They act more like spikes to use the Trex’s body weight against him, and hopefully pierce underneath or maim his foot, taking the Trex out of action. The ceratops’ body is also close to the ground and sturdy, to transfer most of the energy from being jumped upon into the ground.

You don’t need wings to fly, just enough to get you up high enough, and then nail your prey with your claws and teeth.

“There is evidence that Tyrannosaurus did have aggressive head-on encounters with Triceratops, based on partially healed tyrannosaur tooth marks on a Triceratops brow horn and squamosal; the bitten horn is also broken, with new bone growth after the break. Which animal was the aggressor is not known.[52] Since the Triceratops wounds healed, it is most likely that the Triceratops survived the encounter and managed to overcome the Tyrannosaurus. Paleontologist Peter Dodson estimates that if Tyrannosaurus attacked a bull Triceratops, the Triceratops had the upper hand and would successfully defend itself by inflicting fatal wounds to the Tyrannosaurus using its sharp horns.[53] Tyrannosaurus is also known to have fed on Triceratops. Evidence for this includes a heavily tooth-scored Triceratops ilium and sacrum.”

It’s like how they studied the planes which survived the return trip in wars. You don’t reinforce where the bullet holes are, you reinforce where the bullet holes missed, because the planes that didn’t return are those that were shot there, at the vital regions.

This triceratops survived so many times likely because the aim of the Trex is off. Probably due to a super large frill. Trex must have landed on the body or on the frill, as long as the head is missed. Landing on the body means the weight is better distributed and energy transferred to the ground because of his legs.

I bet if you study the leg width of the Trex, it will be quite similar to the front and back leg width of the triceratops because the biomechanics would let them survive a lot easier. It’s also why the front leg of the Triceratops starts at where it does. It takes most of the brunt weight of a Trex landing on it and transfers it to the ground.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts