Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Wait, I take that back. It doesn’t transfer energy to the ground. No, the body of the Triceratops is built like a SPRING! The leg joint takes the weight, compresses down, then recoils back against the Trex to throw it off! Use the strength of a Trex against it.

And Trex’s arms became so small because larger feathers are more beneficial! There has to be a selection pressure against it. It’s so out of place. Why would you have little nubs that your prey can bite onto or tear at? It's why we don't like ponytails in fighting. One less weakness exposed. Only way it would exist is if there are giant wings to distract. I bet it’s wingspan is roughly the distance between two trees in the past!

“A study by Eric Snively and Anthony P Russel published on 2003 would also find that the tyrannosaurid arctometatarsals, and the and its elastic ligaments worked together in what he called a 'tensile keystone model' to strengthen the feet of Tyrannosaurus, increase the animals stability and add greater resistance to dissociation over that of other theropod families; while still allowing resiliency that is otherwise reduced in ratites, horses, giraffids and other animals with metapodia to a single element. The study would also point out that elastic ligaments in larger vertebrates could store and return relatively more elastic strain energy, which could have improved locomotor efficiency and decrease the strain energy transferred to the bones. The study would suggest that this mechanism could have worked efficiently in tyrannosaurids as well. Hence, the study involved identifying the type of ligaments attached to the metatarsals, then how they functioned together and comparing it to those of other theropods and modern day analogs. The scientists would find that arctometatarsals may have enabled tyrannosaurid feet to absorb forces such as linear deceleration, lateral acceleration and torsion more effectively than those of other theropods. It is also stated in their study that this may imply, though not demonstrate, that tyrannosaurids such as Tyrannosaurus had greater agility than other large theropods without an arctometatarsus.”

Like, I mean. Why have such lousy adaptations for speed compared to, say, a lion today which has a streamlined body? Why be so bulky if you use speed to get prey?

I also think he would have extended his arms while fighting another dinosaur, so his feathers play a distraction and intimidation factor too, kinda like a peacock. Even chickens do it!

“found that Tyrannosaurs had a binocular range of 55 degrees, surpassing that of modern hawks, and had 13 times the visual acuity of a human, thereby surpassing the visual acuity of an eagle which is only 3.6 times that of a person. This would have allowed Tyrannosaurs to discern objects as far as 6 km away, which is greater than the 1.6 km that a human can see.”

I think all this would be important if he’s in a tree, waiting for prey to come by and jump on them!

“In 2001, Bruce Rothschild and others published a study examining evidence for stress fractures and tendon avulsions in theropod dinosaurs and the implications for their behavior. Since stress fractures are caused by repeated trauma rather than singular events they are more likely to be caused by regular behavior than other types of injuries. Of the 81 Tyrannosaurus foot bones examined in the study one was found to have a stress fracture, while none of the 10 hand bones were found to have stress fractures.”

I think that feathers would have taken off the impact on the jump by a little, but alas we’re in the wild, so injuries still happen!

I really wanna try drawing what I think Trex would have looked like, esp researching the colours too. I think it would be really fun!!! :D I know, I know, this is all part of my imagination, but I think it’s really cool to imagine and it’s fun!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts