Personality Cafe banner

281 - 297 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Unfortunately, yes, we do exist — in fact, Nietzsche was one, but I doubt he's going to come forward and comment on this thread.

I'm a 548 and a lot of the actually correct characteristics of the 458 archetype applies to me, such as the "dark" thing (I honestly think it's a little cringey to be called "dark" and all that shit, but hey, my interests beg to differ from that opinion of mine) — ever since I was a small child, honestly —, the ultra-independent thing (I really do fucking hate unsolicited help, save from some very, very few exceptions), and I have been called insensitive and rude due to my almost-always-present honesty and directness, which is not true at all, as I get emotional easily with stuff that matters a lot to me (very close friends, family, art — specially music, etc.).

Contradicting my last statement, I tend to have a hard time feeling strong emotions towards things. I know I just said that I get emotional easily with some things, but look: those are VERY specific things (to me, at least), and inside those things, the things that makes me emotional are even more specific. So when I'm watching a movie, reading a book or something similar, I may like it, but still don't have any strong feelings about it, which to me is VERY weird. Living with 5 and 4 inside your head is pure paradox.

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
387 is far batter

This tritype is ojly dicksucker who are rude and think they fight the evil by reality but at the end they only provide lie and false philosophy.

Nietzsche is empty and if you look the context where he live you can understand faster he is only stupid by relativity.

Jordan peterson is an 3 negociate wiuth the work with some 5 and some 8 or 7

But theses guys are pretty useless until they are high placed in society by their family as i see IRL like Nietzsche LOL

And Nietzsche take works by others guys before him LOL 2

·
Beer Guardian
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ
15,865 Posts
Unfortunately, yes, we do exist — in fact, Nietzsche was one, but I doubt he's going to come forward and comment on this thread.

I'm a 548 and a lot of the actually correct characteristics of the 458 archetype applies to me, such as the "dark" thing (I honestly think it's a little cringey to be called "dark" and all that shit, but hey, my interests beg to differ from that opinion of mine) — ever since I was a small child, honestly —, the ultra-independent thing (I really do fucking hate unsolicited help, save from some very, very few exceptions), and I have been called insensitive and rude due to my almost-always-present honesty and directness, which is not true at all, as I get emotional easily with stuff that matters a lot to me (very close friends, family, art — specially music, etc.).

Contradicting my last statement, I tend to have a hard time feeling strong emotions towards things. I know I just said that I get emotional easily with some things, but look: those are VERY specific things (to me, at least), and inside those things, the things that makes me emotional are even more specific. So when I'm watching a movie, reading a book or something similar, I may like it, but still don't have any strong feelings about it, which to me is VERY weird. Living with 5 and 4 inside your head is pure paradox.
But how much time have you spent considering serial killers?

·
Registered
39 Posts
But how much time have you spent considering serial killers?
You mean serial killers that might be 458s or just serial killers in general? In any case, I do find serial killers to be very interesting and I've read a lot about different ones. Some of them are just mind boggling, like Ted Kaczynski and Jeffrey Dahmer (the latter because he's different in a way that I can kinda sympathize with him). But I haven't found one that I can imagine being a 458, or at least I can't remember right now.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Could be, yeah, even though now I'm not sure about which one of these two it would be. But thanks, I'll consider that. In this case, Trent Reznor fits the bill, too.
Completely agree. I type Trent as 5w6 1w9 4w3 Sp/Sx , and Neitzsche but definitely 514 or 541. I'm going to look into him more to nail down the wings, instincts etc.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Serial killers are most often attachment types. They are let down by humanity, and the only way to break the attachment is to kill them. Types that are off-triangle are better at detaching into their own separate world, so the impulse to kill is not paramount. However, obviously, anything could happen so I'm not ruling it out; it just wouldn't be as much of a trend.

One good example is Ted Bundy, a 3. He was attached to his ex so he killed women that looked like her.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,935 Posts
Serial killers are most often attachment types. They are let down by humanity, and the only way to break the attachment is to kill them. Types that are off-triangle are better at detaching into their own separate world, so the impulse to kill is not paramount. However, obviously, anything could happen so I'm not ruling it out; it just wouldn't be as much of a trend.

One good example is Ted Bundy, a 3. He was attached to his ex so he killed women that looked like her.
I'm not sure if Ted Bundy is a 2w3 or a 3w2 (or even if he's really typeable, although he's obviously an image type and the way he invented things about his own identity speaks to 3 to me), but I see him as being largely motivated by the idea of possession of the women he murdered, you're so mine that I have killed you, something that interests me is that he asked his ashes to be buried in the place where he murdered most of his victims (he also asked his girlfriends to play dead during sex and maybe necrophilia isn't typeable but that looks like 'having total power over you', not 'being let down, breaking the attachment' :/) It looks like desire for power and conquest and control to me...as well as maybe proving that he was a legend, that he could get away with anything?

*I found it a 3ish detail, maybe in line with what you're saying, that he was apparently deeply surprised if anyone had recognized him at the scene of a crime because he believed that we live in a world where everyone walks around anonymously, I'm definitely open to 3, but I see power-triad making more sense than attachment triad? I imagine a lot of 5 serial killers too trying to falsely integrate to 8 Raskolnikov-style.

Reactions: Animal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi five friend, another 548 is here :p

We're also supposed to be one of the most dark, analytical, and direct
I didnt' understand why people feel so attacked by my words when I was young. The thing I kept saying was 'but it's the truth.. don't you agree?' .. and I realized when I grew up that I did offend many people.. I'm learning now.. still.. huh..

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi five friend, another 548 is here :p

I didnt' understand why people feel so attacked by my words when I was young. The thing I kept saying was 'but it's the truth.. don't you agree?' .. and I realized when I grew up that I did offend many people.. I'm learning now.. still.. huh..
That hits home. Apparently, I might've recently lost a friend due to a combination of a really unnecessary light discussion (the most "direct" things I said were stuff like "you'd better inform yourself more" and "why are you opining, then?" after she said she didn't really care for the subject she gave an opinion on) and possibly a bad day for her. I don't actually know if this is the case or not, but if so, it's a shame.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard a rumor we're super rare :cool:, and I haven't run into any other of my tri-type on the forum, is there anyone else out there (in any order) of the 548 variety? We're also supposed to be one of the most dark, analytical, and direct (and often intense, though perhaps not as much as some like the 864) tri-types. Agree or disagree?

I'd love to talk about what it's like to be a 854, and hear other person's experiences with being this type, partly to find some peers, partly for interesting reading/get discussion going, and partly to form a better understanding of the tri-type/myself to work into my self-knowledge, but that's irrelevant...

Does madhatter's collected tri-type descritption of the 458 fit you pretty well? Discuss :)
Here it is:
I just found out I'm a 584. I knew I was a 5w4 sx/sp. I discovered the tritype when looking up Daniel Day-Lewis. I made a profile to answer your question. I appreciate reading the replies. I have often wondered if there are others like me, and so, I figured you'd appreciate it as much as I did to find another. Cheers.

·
Beer Guardian
15,865 Posts
I just found out I'm a 584. I knew I was a 5w4 sx/sp. I discovered the tritype when looking up Daniel Day-Lewis. I made a profile to answer your question. I appreciate reading the replies. I have often wondered if there are others like me, and so, I figured you'd appreciate it as much as I did to find another. Cheers.
FYI, I'm a 584 as well. I enjoy it.

·
Beer Guardian
15,865 Posts
You mean serial killers that might be 458s or just serial killers in general? In any case, I do find serial killers to be very interesting and I've read a lot about different ones. Some of them are just mind boggling, like Ted Kaczynski and Jeffrey Dahmer (the latter because he's different in a way that I can kinda sympathize with him). But I haven't found one that I can imagine being a 458, or at least I can't remember right now.
Yep, I am interested in them too. That's the point. I don't know that 458s are necessarily serial killers. The point is we don't shy away from dark and unusual topics.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I heard a rumor we're super rare :cool:, and I haven't run into any other of my tri-type on the forum, is there anyone else out there (in any order) of the 548 variety? We're also supposed to be one of the most dark, analytical, and direct (and often intense, though perhaps not as much as some like the 864) tri-types. Agree or disagree?

I'd love to talk about what it's like to be a 854, and hear other person's experiences with being this type, partly to find some peers, partly for interesting reading/get discussion going, and partly to form a better understanding of the tri-type/myself to work into my self-knowledge, but that's irrelevant...

Does madhatter's collected tri-type descritption of the 458 fit you pretty well? Discuss :)
Here it is:
I am a 584 without a doubt.

281 - 297 of 297 Posts