Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been learning a little about the ego, super-ego, and the ID lately, but there's one thing I can't understand.

As a triple withdrawn all three of my centers are ego types. What does that mean exactly? Does that mean my ego controls both my super-ego and my ID too, or does it mean that my super-ego and my ID are virtually non-existent? And that my ego is over-compensating?

Or is it some other reason entirely?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I've never really thought about this. I have no idea if there's anything to it, but I know for myself I've always been sort of aware of my super-ego, but I don't take it very seriously. I don't believe what it says and usually I can see it's based on emotions rather than fact, so I've always just countered it with a logical thought. For example, when I was in my teens and had thoughts about negative body image, I would counter by thinking it's normal to have those kind of thoughts because of the messages we're saturated with in society and they're not truth. So they would bother me, but I could also shake them off fairly easily by understanding why and how they happened. I've never really had negative self talk, but I had the privilege of being raised in a healthy and mostly positive environment.

I notice the ID more than the Superego. I would say the ID has always been fairly active for me, but at a quieter level than the ego.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.