Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I was hoping someone could give me some in depth information on the 479 tritype. I have only found very general information so far.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well, this is my tri-type, and what I've concluded really is that we're made up of contradictions. Each one of these energies contradicts each other, making us versatile but also frustrated and 'moody' having to shift gears frequently. I could say a lot more but it's late.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Late to this, but I identify with the "pixie" energy- apparently I have that (have actually been called "dream-like.") This has been difficult (albeit sometimes appealing) when I've wanted badly to feel like a full human being, had no idea how to, and saw my pixie-self mirrored in others.

People sometimes think I am nicer or more honest than I actually am.

I have trouble, when not healthy, with remaining grounded, although that may be instinct stackings- sp-last.

My imagination tends toward the surreal and the dark, but often with a "pretty" or extremely lyrical bent. This has changed with time as I've grown as an artist/ matured as a person, but I've actually had to consciously fight this in my work in the past. The up side I think is that I'm really committed to showing both the dark and redemptive sides of human nature. I've always wanted to use art as a medium to throw a shroud of tenderness over myself and those I love.

I've always felt like I need to take "care" of other people, or help them in some way, mixed with a fear of them needing or demanding too much of me (five-wing?). I think some of this need was unhealthy disintegration into two, but it seems to go beyond that.

I can be really impatient. I sometimes respond to people (read: men) in this "ballsy" (read: "I don't actually give a fuck about you so I am going to say whatever thing comes to mind") sort of way.

Charm and deflection are always my first defenses.

When I first heard of the idea of tritype I immediately thought "4-7-9" but when I read the descriptions I at first convinced myself that I was 4-5-8 b/c it seemed way cooler! (Dark! Stormy! Groundbreaking!) Then I realized it just didn't... fit, and 4-7-9 fit eerily well.

·
MOTM Nov 2012
3,826 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts