Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have taken probably five or so different free tests by this point and I'm pretty confident that I'm a 9w1. I've always also scored pretty high on 6 and 2.

I started looking into what my "tritype" might be but this is a new concept to me and I'm not sure if I'm thinking about it quite the right way.

Here are my latest results in ghetto form cause I can't post links yet:
Type 6 (SO)
|||||||||||||||
Type 9 (SO)
||||||||||||||
Type 1 (SP)
||||||||
Type 2 (SP)
|||||||
Type 5 (SO)
|||||||
Type 4 (SO)
|||||
Type 3 (SP)
|||
Type 7 (SO)
||
Type 8 (SO)
|

So I basically am showing heavy type 6 and type 9 with social leanings and 1, 2, 5 pretty strongly with preservation leanings.

I'm interpreting these as that I am or have been an unhealthy type 9 which explains the strong 6 results. In the last two tests I took, it showed a much larger lead on 9 where on this one both 9 and 6 are about even.

If this is correct then my tritype is something like 9-5-2 or 9-2-5. (The order matters, right? Not sure how this works either...)

I can see both the intellectual side of myself and the desire to support and care for others, so having 2 and 5 makes sense to me.

But, am I misunderstanding what a "tritype" is? Can you be a 9-6-2 or something like that? Is the concept of tritype really helpful if you actually have 4 or more types?

Does the unhealthy type count as one of your main types in a more permanent sense or is it just a reflection of areas in which I need to grow?

I appreciate any help you can give me to understand this. I've found looking into the enneagram to be really helpful for me and I want to try to understand all parts of it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hello, fellow likely 9w1. I've gotten similar results to yours. :) You're right on a tritype being 3 types, so you could be 9-5-2 or 9-6-2. According to tritypes, you have one gut fix (1/9/8), head fix (5/6/7), and heart fix (2/3/4). It seems your head fix is probably 6w5 or 5w6. Any type can be unhealthy and need to grow. As far as I know, you can only have 3 types thanks to tritype theory, but I could be wrong. I hope this helps!

·
Registered
387 Posts
As far as I know when 9 is unhealthy it looks more like a 6, and in health it looks more like a 3.
Do you consider yourself to be a healthy version of your type?

You can definitely be a 9 6 2. 9 being gut type, 6 head type and 2 heart type.

962 sounds similar to a Fe user to me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm coming out of an extended period of depression. I'd say it lasted about 5 months. I feel quite a bit better now but I kind of had to hit rock bottom first. I'm trying to use this newfound energy I have to make some lasting changes in myself.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Well, I'm coming out of an extended period of depression. I'd say it lasted about 5 months. I feel quite a bit better now but I kind of had to hit rock bottom first. I'm trying to use this newfound energy I have to make some lasting changes in myself.
You may be a 9 who has integrated to 6 because of depression and I totally understand that.
But from how you describe your new energy, it sounds like you're in the process of integrating to 3 :) which is where us 9's shine!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts