Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original tritype descriptions for type 6 by the Fauvres'. The archetypal names are bolded in the descritpions.

Direct and caring 6. This 6 is very supportive. A true Rescuer, this 6 is often mistaken for a 2 or 8. This 6 needs to be caring and protective to feel secure. This 6 is helpful but uncomfortable taking the lead and would rather be the right hand to the powerful person.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, weakness, being controlled, disempowered, humiliated, vulnarable, at the mercy of injustice, worthless, needy, unappreciated, and inconsequential.

Direct and focused 6. This 6 can appear 3ish or 8ish. This is the Justice Fighter, 6. The 6s are good achievers and debaters. They are the most confrontational 6. They are usually the CP6 and make good Trial Attorneys.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, weakness, being controlled, disempowered, humiliated, vulnarable, at the mercy of injustice, failure, being incapable or unable to do, inefficient, second best, and unmasked.

The Thruth Teller. Direct and intuitive 6. This is the most reactive, creative and feelingful 6. Highly rebellious, this 6 is almost always the counter-phobic 6 with a heroic nature. Generally this 6 vacillates between being 8ish or 4ish.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, weakness, being controlled, disempowered, humiliated, vulnarable, at the mercy of injustice, being inadequate, emotionally cut off ordinary, commonplace, and abandoned.

Accepting and caring 6. This is the most gentle and supportive 6. This is the Good Smaritan and can identify with 2. This 6 is conflict avoidant and can struggle with being too passive, submissive and helpful in exchange for safety and security.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being worthless, being needy, unhelpful, unappreciated, immutable, and inconsequential.

The Mediator. Accepting and focused 6. This 6 seeks security by avoiding conflict and fitting in, Depending on the situation, this 6 is accomodating or professional. This 6 is most inclined to bounce between 3-6-9. This 6 avoids trouble and is more obedient and less rebellious.

The core fears are of failure, being incapable, unable to do, inefficient, second best, unmasked, fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, fully embodied, not existing, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, shutout, disharmony

The Seeker. Acceptinga and intuitive 6. This is the most emotional and accomodating 6. This 6 has the most self-doubt and uncertainty and often seeks multiple sources of confirmation before making a decision. This 6 is very sensitive, and can be mistaken for a 4 or 2.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned.

The Supporter. Discerning and caring 6. This 6 is often mistaken for a 1 or 2 as they are orderly and helpful. They seek a channel to be helpful and supportive. They want structured ways to be of assistance and are often the good Smaritan.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, being wrong, bad, evil, angry, inappropriate, corruptible, condemned, being worthless, needy, unhelpful, unappreciated, immutable, and inconsequential.

The Taskmaster. Discerning and focused 6. This is the most industrious 6. Eager beavers and highly responsible, they are always busy and can be mistaken for 3s. Fear is managed by achieving. They tend to feel the burden of obligation. They focus on duty and family.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, being wrong, bad, evil, angry, inappropriate, corruptible, condemned, failure, being incapable, or unable to do, inefficient, immutable, and inconsequential.

The Philosopher. Discerning and intuitive 6. This is the most particular 6. This 6 is very creative especially with the 7 wing. They can be torn between the need for meaning and need to be dutiful and responsible. This 6 is often drawn to teaching.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, being wrong, bad, evil, angry, inappropriate, unqualified, corruptible, condemned, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, and being abandoned.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
:3 awesome descriptions Plush!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Direct and focused 6. This 6 can appear 3ish or 8ish. This is the Justice Fighter, 6. The 6s are good achievers and debaters. They are the most confrontational 6. They are usually the CP6 and make good Trial Attorneys.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, weakness, being controlled, disempowered, humiliated, vulnarable, at the mercy of injustice, failure, being incapable or unable to do, inefficient, second best, and unmasked.

Monkey King approved. lol =P

Excellent! Thank you.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Is there a reason why the justice fighter's attainment of security isn't outlined?

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a reason why the justice fighter's attainment of security isn't outlined?
I don't know why exactly. But the table these descriptions are from looks as if they had restricted them to a certain amount of (the most important) words. So maybe it just got lost. But this just speculation. :wink: I don't really know it.

Reactions: Monkey King

·
MOTM February 2014
4,781 Posts
May I please preface this by saying that it's okay if you're a 6xx and not relate to your 6xx description :cool:

The Seeker. Acceptinga and intuitive 6. This is the most emotional and accomodating 6. This 6 has the most self-doubt and uncertainty and often seeks multiple sources of confirmation before making a decision. This 6 is very sensitive, and can be mistaken for a 4 or 2.
The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, being abandoned.
Since I mistyped as 694, I thought it might be fun to see what I related to. In retrospect and after knowing a couple 694, I'm not quite that doubting... just... really close >_>

I always considered myself looking ("seeking") for truth/knowledge. I wanted things to make sense and I wanted something to trust. Turns out that's just primarily 6.

The Philosopher. Discerning and intuitive 6. This is the most particular 6. This 6 is very creative especially with the 7 wing. They can be torn between the need for meaning and need to be dutiful and responsible. This 6 is often drawn to teaching.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, being wrong, bad, evil, angry, inappropriate, unqualified, corruptible, condemned, being inadequate, emotionally cut off, ordinary, commonplace, and being abandoned.
How did I not think I was 614, omg.

What's funny is the first time I heard 614's name--after I realized my 1-fix--I was like, "That's weird... I've been called a philosopher more than once."

I don't consider myself creative, but I wonder what is meant by "the most particular 6." The most fussy/pickiest? I am at that! But if it meant weirdest? I don't think I'd call myself "weird" seriously; it's always been facetiously.

Couple of notes about the last paragraph:
- Fear of fear: No, never. I don't fear fear; I'm phobic, I've grown used to fear :p (tongue-in-cheek).
- Being alone: Should be 'being emotionally alone.' I fear having no support of any kind.
- Cowardice: I don't consider fear to be cowardice at all. I'm hard on myself if I feel like I gave into something I "shouldn't have" but other than that...
- Being angry: I don't fear it, but it is the primary emotion I avoid.
- Being ordinary: I am ordinary, people just don't see it.
- Being commonplace: On the other hand, a large part of me haaaates being part of the crowd. (Alternatively, I'm determined not to be a sheep.)

·
Registered
782 Posts

Seems like me, right down to the letter.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
This is great, because I'm definitely a 648 "truth teller." Someone convinced me that the third spot in my triad was 1w2, but I fit the 648 tritype almost perfectly - I'm counterphobic, creative, reactive, feeling, and have this sometimes misguided heroic thing I do.

8w9 does make sense to me as my last resort (third spot in my triad) because my "last resort" way of doing things typically is to become more aggressive or extremely withdrawn and peaceful like an 8w9.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Hm... this is cool. I am curious what other 6's tritypes are, because I relate to some of you more than others.

Accepting and caring 6. This is the most gentle and supportive 6. This is the Good Smaritan and can identify with 2. This 6 is conflict avoidant and can struggle with being too passive, submissive and helpful in exchange for safety and security.

The core fears are of fear itself, danger, being alone, cowardice, submitting, deviance, uncertainty, being targeted, chaos, conflict, being loveless, complication, discord, being shutout, inharmonious, being worthless, being needy, unhelpful, unappreciated, immutable, and inconsequential.
Bold: I agree completely, Underlined: sort of.

6-9-2 combined with INTJ makes for a crazy combination. My biggest desire in life is peace. It's like I'm on a constant quest to find it. I care a lot for others, and, like a 9, will come up with excuses for other people's behaviour. However, I do have 6's insecurities and fears and constant ability to see both the good and the bad in any situation. As an INTJ, I live in a Ni world of constantly shifting perspectives and possible ways of trying to put the pieces together to understand the world. As a Te, I desire to appear organized and logical in the outer world, and I also have a dislike of weakness, and yet I'm one of the softest enneagram types around. Not only that, but I'm also counterphobic, which seems to go against my 6-9-2 typing. All together, it makes for a broiling mess of internal conflict at times.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts

Um.I'm not gentle. ROAR. *Beats chest* :laughing:

And even though I'm 692, I related more to the 682 description.

Great idea though. Thank you.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Interesting I never would have guessed that I have an 8 in the gut triad o_O fear of submitting and fear of being controlled...is very much me. I hate both and get very rebellious if I see it happening.

Makes me wonder about the heart fix. I wonder if it really is a 4....could be a 2, but I don't have the need to be helpful to others and I don't display too many 2 characteristics.

Thou yeah if I see something that is off, wrong, inconsistent and all that -.- it is very hard to hold myself back from pointing it out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I kind of fit 612, 613, and 682. The only caveat is that I don't quite fear "submitting" or for 682 in particular "being controlled" - I quite regularly yield to those close to me, namely my parents and boyfriend, and their opinions alone often are enough to sway my decisions. The rest all matches perfectly.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm a 631. While I can relate to the description, I'd also like to post some things a couple folks over at the enneagram institute forum said. These two posts really resonated with me:

- A 6 with a strong superego. Lots of issues regarding personal competency. At lower health, the most likely of the 6s to respond negatively and reactively to pressure from others, since there is already a nearly unbearable pressure from within.

- The first impression I get from this tritype is a strong image orientation. There's a constant need to impress others and to have a positive place in the social sphere. I see a need for perfection in all things, partly out of ego and partly out of duty. There's strong loyalty to causes, but moreso community ones and not personal ones. But this is a very hands-on tritype who will work to achieve what (s)he wants to achieve. I see less manipulation here than the 3 might otherwise indicate, and more focus and drive.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts

I don't know, maybe I've just accepted conflict since my sister (Possible ESFP) really tries to start fights over the smallest of things. Or maybe I just love my fear. The others do fit :)
Personally I could have made a paper everyone loves and I'd still criticize it and consider it incomplete.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hi, Im new here -.-' Is there any connection with the tritype? (or is this chooseable -.-')
sadly... (as I mentioned, I am new)
my TT is 6w5,2w1,9w1... thank you in advance

(or means 629 = 692?) -.-'

1 - 20 of 103 Posts