Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ask a random question for someone below to answer. You may know the answer, or you could just be curious.

Anyone can answer.
For those answering: feel free to research if you don't know the answer already.

Here is my question.

In terms of social psychology, what is the bystander effect?

·
Registered
354 Posts
The double-slit experiment is a demonstration that matter and energy can display characteristics of both waves and particles, and demonstrates the fundamentally probabilistic nature of quantum mechanical phenomena.

In 1801 Thomas Young was able to offer some very strong evidence to support the wave model of light. He placed a screen that had two slits cut into it in front of a monochromatic (single color) light. The results of Young's Double Slit Experiment should be very different if light is a wave or a particle.

The wave nature of light causes the light waves passing through the two slits to interfere, producing bright and dark bands on the screen — a result that would not be expected if light consisted strictly of particles. However, on the screen, the light is always found to be absorbed as though it were composed of discrete particles or photons.

What is Zooniverse?

·
Registered
325 Posts
50, not counting the various territories.

What colors do dogs see in? (hint, it's not just black and white)
They also see red, probably because they have more red conical photoreceptor cells than they have blue and green (though I'm not entirely sure if they do have even just a residual amount of the latter cells). Black and white is detected by rod cells. ^^

Next Question:
Do we believe before we understand, or do we understand before we believe, or are they just a similar concept altogether?
[I can provide a link if no one can answer. :)]

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
How many US states are there?
I'll say 51

And (in case that's right) Who plays speech therapist Lionel Logue in the film "The King's Speech"?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Banned
1,297 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Very good. I wonder how many Americans are aware of that.

OK, I think it falls to you to ask the next question.
What do 50% of all US citizens live within 50 miles of?

·
Registered
354 Posts
What do 50% of all US citizens live within 50 miles of?
Their birthplace.

I need to add this though: Am I the only one who thought we were meant to make these like educational nice-looking posts, not just ask and answer boring questions? I guess I am mistaken. :(

What's a halocline?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
And (in case that's right) Who plays speech therapist Lionel Logue in the film "The King's Speech"?
That would be the delightful Geoffrey Rush.

Bought that movie two months ago and loved it. :)

Where does catgut come from?

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
That would be the delightful Geoffrey Rush.

Bought that movie two months ago and loved it. :)

Where does catgut come from?
LOL NOT cats! Sheep intestines.

Waht does PTFE stand for?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts