Personality Cafe banner

do you troll?

• frequently, I do it for the lulz

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • I'll admit to trolling "pranking" w/e u want to call it once in a while.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I think it's funny to watch but it seems immature and I don't partake

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • it ruins the interwebz

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • wtf are you talking about? troll? theres no bridge online

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • At what age should a father avoid seeing his daughter naked?

Votes: 14 14.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to know what people think about trolling, if they ever believe there is an acceptable time to troll whether they have ever trolled themselves and just about such things in general...

Reactions: EvanR

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can respect that. I myself don't very often troll but once in a while I do like to get things stirred up. Some people just ask for it at times ya know?

Reactions: Neon Knight

·
Registered
71 Posts
I do it in real life. Not so much on the internet. It's not as much fun.
I like to exaggerate points of view, make straw rants, or loaf about with big ol' concepts and watch how quickly people swoop in to try and correct the little kid or how they just froth at the mouth with ad hominem.

In truth I'm just whittling myself down to a poor temper when I pull these shenanigans, but I c-c-can't stop it! :tongue:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Wow, I'm really the only one who voted against trolling?

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't troll period, however, I will say that depending on the website and the topic, watching them can be entertaining but, it can also do more harm than anything despite it being "just the internet".

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Trolls does annoy me as much as say, the political nutters that work in 'It's Obama's fault' to attempt a bias derail of any discussion on any topic. I guess I just hate that kind of troll.

I voted - wtf are you talking about? troll? theres no bridge online. It made me laugh and my first thought actually was 'wtf?'

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe we all have a little troll in us... It is like the battle between the light and dark side of the force. It can be used for good or for ultimate evil..... mooowaaaahaaahaaahaaaaaa

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I don't understand why trolls think they're so clever... It just annoys me that they earn respect for doing something that anyone could do if they felt like it...

And now I'm really wondering about the question in the last option.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
People who troll regularly are generally bored losers. Not all of them of course, but the majority I have known were miserable, lonely people who troll online because they would get their face smashed in irl. Sometimes I don't mind it, but if they exaggerate personal things, lie about personal stuff etc it bugs me. In this game I played there were big enough douchebags that they would make fun of people with serious medical conditions, or claim it's fake etc. When it gets to that it's like seriously, grow up. You're making fun of people with cancer or other debilitating conditions. I happen to know a bit about this specific troll. Skinny, pale, casper looking dude who has no friends and spends all his time on various video games.

·
Wizard
3,135 Posts
I don't understand why trolls think they're so clever... It just annoys me that they earn respect for doing something that anyone could do if they felt like it...

And now I'm really wondering about the question in the last option.
You should totally start a thread about it in the debate section.:proud:

·
Registered
853 Posts
I usually consider myself a well behaved web-citizen but every once in a while (i.e. less than once a year) I'll troll a forum. I don't do it unless I have other people trolling with me and it doesn't last very long but MAN it's fun when it happens.

Oh and I don't troll the same forum more than once unless there are special circumstances (such as the mods can't do anything about it)

:tongue:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I've trolled before. To me, it's just fun.
I'm not retarded, I can tell when it's just inappropriate, plain and simple. But I don't see why some people get so worked up over it. It seems, for the most part, harmless and funny...sometimes. Some trolls do over-do it, though.

I'll admit that I do like some trolls/trolling antics.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
I do it on some stupid subject for shits and giggles. I did it once on words about Lebron James in this upcoming season to Kobe people. I told them that Lebron would have 2 seasons of every game played creating a triple-double, they laughed really hard at me. Most of the time it ends up coming out as sarcasm and is laughed off.

People that have done it around me normally with a shitty purpose. They harm the experience of personality cafe leading to a ban possibly.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I feel down I like to troll Omegle, I try to target the horndogs.. which happens to be about 95% Of the people on there.

it just lifts my spirits to mess with someone who has corrupted what could be a rather enjoyable experience and social networking device.

Reactions: Stoic

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I do it on games but no on any boards or forums . When I troll it's not racist or sexist it just witty wise ass humor

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I can respect that. I myself don't very often troll but once in a while I do like to get things stirred up. Some people just ask for it at times ya know?
It's good to know I'm not the only one :wink: Especially the last part, too hard to resist at times.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Sometimes, when they take it way too far, they make me physically sick.

For example, when there were deaths in our school in a horrific accident they relentlessly trolled facebook memorial pages and caused ALOT of serious distress. Even posting videos of bus crashes (from the inside so you could see the children get flung like poor rag dolls).

That's the only thing I can think about when I hear the word "troll", now. =|

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
See that's the kind of stuff that made me question if what I did was even really considered as trolling because those examples sicken me too. Makes me wonder wtf is wrong with people these days other than them obviously being passive-aggressive cowards.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts