Personality Cafe banner

do you troll?

• frequently, I do it for the lulz

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • I'll admit to trolling "pranking" w/e u want to call it once in a while.

Votes: 16 16.7%
  • I think it's funny to watch but it seems immature and I don't partake

Votes: 26 27.1%
  • it ruins the interwebz

Votes: 23 24.0%
  • wtf are you talking about? troll? theres no bridge online

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • At what age should a father avoid seeing his daughter naked?

Votes: 14 14.6%

Trolling; a bane on the interwebz? or harmless fun ;D

3K views 40 replies 29 participants last post by  Raingembow 
#1 ·
I am curious to know what people think about trolling, if they ever believe there is an acceptable time to troll whether they have ever trolled themselves and just about such things in general...

Reactions: EvanR
#18 ·
It's good to know I'm not the only one :wink: Especially the last part, too hard to resist at times.

#4 ·
I do it in real life. Not so much on the internet. It's not as much fun.
I like to exaggerate points of view, make straw rants, or loaf about with big ol' concepts and watch how quickly people swoop in to try and correct the little kid or how they just froth at the mouth with ad hominem.

In truth I'm just whittling myself down to a poor temper when I pull these shenanigans, but I c-c-can't stop it! :tongue:

#7 ·
Trolls does annoy me as much as say, the political nutters that work in 'It's Obama's fault' to attempt a bias derail of any discussion on any topic. I guess I just hate that kind of troll.

I voted - wtf are you talking about? troll? theres no bridge online. It made me laugh and my first thought actually was 'wtf?'

#8 ·
I believe we all have a little troll in us... It is like the battle between the light and dark side of the force. It can be used for good or for ultimate evil..... mooowaaaahaaahaaahaaaaaa

Reactions: susurration
#11 · (Edited)
People who troll regularly are generally bored losers. Not all of them of course, but the majority I have known were miserable, lonely people who troll online because they would get their face smashed in irl. Sometimes I don't mind it, but if they exaggerate personal things, lie about personal stuff etc it bugs me. In this game I played there were big enough douchebags that they would make fun of people with serious medical conditions, or claim it's fake etc. When it gets to that it's like seriously, grow up. You're making fun of people with cancer or other debilitating conditions. I happen to know a bit about this specific troll. Skinny, pale, casper looking dude who has no friends and spends all his time on various video games.

#13 ·
I usually consider myself a well behaved web-citizen but every once in a while (i.e. less than once a year) I'll troll a forum. I don't do it unless I have other people trolling with me and it doesn't last very long but MAN it's fun when it happens.

Oh and I don't troll the same forum more than once unless there are special circumstances (such as the mods can't do anything about it)

:tongue:

#14 ·
I've trolled before. To me, it's just fun.
I'm not retarded, I can tell when it's just inappropriate, plain and simple. But I don't see why some people get so worked up over it. It seems, for the most part, harmless and funny...sometimes. Some trolls do over-do it, though.

I'll admit that I do like some trolls/trolling antics.

#15 ·
I do it on some stupid subject for shits and giggles. I did it once on words about Lebron James in this upcoming season to Kobe people. I told them that Lebron would have 2 seasons of every game played creating a triple-double, they laughed really hard at me. Most of the time it ends up coming out as sarcasm and is laughed off.

People that have done it around me normally with a shitty purpose. They harm the experience of personality cafe leading to a ban possibly.

#16 ·
When I feel down I like to troll Omegle, I try to target the horndogs.. which happens to be about 95% Of the people on there.

it just lifts my spirits to mess with someone who has corrupted what could be a rather enjoyable experience and social networking device.

Reactions: Stoic
#17 ·
I do it on games but no on any boards or forums . When I troll it's not racist or sexist it just witty wise ass humor

#19 ·
Sometimes, when they take it way too far, they make me physically sick.

For example, when there were deaths in our school in a horrific accident they relentlessly trolled facebook memorial pages and caused ALOT of serious distress. Even posting videos of bus crashes (from the inside so you could see the children get flung like poor rag dolls).

That's the only thing I can think about when I hear the word "troll", now. =|

#20 ·
See that's the kind of stuff that made me question if what I did was even really considered as trolling because those examples sicken me too. Makes me wonder wtf is wrong with people these days other than them obviously being passive-aggressive cowards.

#22 ·
If that were my dog I'd call him "Gizmo" for likely obvious reasons.

#23 ·
I like trolls. We need more around here. Bob could you like stop banning them xD

Reactions: NotSoRighteousRob
#25 ·
I don't think it ruins the internet, I just think it ruins certain websites more than others. Trolls might be annoying but they also build up an endurance in people to withstand bullshit and flaming. at least, if you are surrounded by it for long enough.

I troll my friends in rl all the time, but online it seems kind of pointless.

and think of it this way, there are plenty of worse things these people could be doing with their time. Be glad they are spending their time trying to achieve the most success with their trolling instead of, say, coding viruses, hacking your computer and vandalizing things.

#27 ·
the internet has been aggressive since it's debut to public usage in society. it will be swarming with unnecessary negative conflict as long as it exists. you can either accept it and ignore it or stop going online.

any person no matter how normal will be tempted to take out ones own anger onto anonymous people who cannot retaliate. it's not just a certain kind of person who trolls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.