Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EDIT: almost all of these questions have been answered in another threat I started, but feel free to add your opinions. Maybe it should be deleted? (How to do that?)

Hi guys,

I'm clearly an MBTI INTJ (well, not that clearly). However, I'm not quite sure about my sociotype: the problem is that I fit in almost everything in both INTp and INTj, I mean, I'd be pretty happy if they were only one type.
There are several things I think are extremely important in the descriptions of both of them. If I didn't include them it would be (a lot) incomplete.

So, how can I get to know my sociotype?

ATTENTION:
- Don't judge my type by grammar, I'm not a native speaker neither live in the US or any other English speaking countries;
- I've taken the tests in socionics and they said I was INTj;
- I'm 16

I hope you can help me.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Sociotypograph — determine sociotype

Try Reinin.

LII and ILI have the same strength in all the functions, but opposite valuations. Can be difficult to tell apart.
Ex:
LII will strongly value Ne, ILI will ignore Ne.
Both LII and ILI have an Se and Fe weak spots. LII feels more fulfilled around the presence of Fe and drained by Se (or at least the need to use that function). Vice versa for ILI.

Reactions: Paradigm

·
Registered
710 Posts
I didn't want to be offtopic again in your new thread so I thought I just use this one.
Actually @Schweeeeks (greetings^^ gotcha) suggested the same thing, so I don't have to post the link (but you should also look up the longer reinin descriptions on wikisocion for a better understanding. They are not that easy to distinguish)

OBS2: don't use socionics -- I don't have a type in socionics. I fit with both with INTj/INTp in almost everything and in two there are things WAY to distant from what I think/act. In addition, the functions never present (on me/people close to me) the way the say.
What about ILE? Did you read enough into Quadras and Reinin Dichotomies? Wikisocion.org is a good source for that.
I first refused socionics,too, but if you understand it, it seems much better and deeper than MBTI. Don't forget that MBTI is a product you can buy, simplified (only 4 functions, and they don't talk a lot about the shadow functions) for the masses. You can get a little insight about it in the interview with the son of keirsey:
(around minute 16 or 18 and the following minutes, especially 21:15).

Also MBTI invented the P-J dichotomy. It wasn't in Jungs work, so many people have difficulties with that and in socionics you see that they have it different. LIIs are judgers, INTj(udger), because Ti is a judging function. And the functions are different a little bit but they are closer to Jungs work actually. There are a lot of reasons to switch to socionics. Don't give up on it. Every typology system is difficult at the beginning. LII and ILI are almost opposites. Opposite Quadra, opposite valued functions etc.
They only have the same strong (Ti, Te, Ni, Ne) and weak functions but they value exactly the opposite ones (Ti-Ne versus Ni-Te).

and just a fun fact to annoy you ^^
http://personalitycafe.com/intp-forum-thinkers/377146-possible-mistake-intp-infp.html#post12013938 ... and the following posts
you can also read this (communication between NPs versus NJs): Ne-Si vs. Ni-Se: Myers-Briggs Function Pairs

but I could very well see that you're an INTJ from the answers you gave me :)

[OFFTOPIC]

Darki, interesting… I have some questions and answers:
1- I feel relieved after making the decision;
2- I love debate (I think I already have answered this in the previous post, but I'll put everything into one);
a) I run from debates with people that will not change their viewpoints, Fe dom/aux, strong sensors, extraverted types that will no let me pause to think;
3- I'm almost sure I'm introverted. However, I would appreciate the definition formal/deep definition of extraversion (should we create a new threat?)
4- being irrational: taking information without passing it in the filter of logic?
a)Exemple: considering MBTI as true (I mean, not a pseudoscience) when had contact with it. (Still trust it)

*sparkle: the ExFJ friend I mentioned in the #1 post is an anomaly(for extraverted people): hates parties; told me people think she is serious before knowing her (she is not). I got to know her too fast, once I didn't knew she existed and then she "opened up" her crazy side; she doesn't have lots of friends.
a) is she really extraverted? (My intuition say me that yes)

So especially in socionics you don't have to be a loud extravert to be ILE.
extraverted means you focus on the external world, introverted that you focus inwardly. (see link of Schweeeeks first dichotomy). It's only the function who is introverted or extraverted.
and I'm not sure but I think that's also in the interview with keirsey somewhere.

Reactions: Schweeeeks

·
Registered
72 Posts
I didn't want to be offtopic again in your new thread so I thought I just use this one.
Actually @Schweeeeks (greetings^^ gotcha) suggested the same thing, so I don't have to post the link (but you should also look up the longer reinin descriptions on wikisocion for a better understanding. They are not that easy to distinguish)

What about ILE? Did you read enough into Quadras and Reinin Dichotomies? Wikisocion.org is a good source for that.
I first refused socionics,too, but if you understand it, it seems much better and deeper than MBTI. Don't forget that MBTI is a product you can buy, simplified (only 4 functions, and they don't talk a lot about the shadow functions) for the masses. You can get a little insight about it in the interview with the son of keirsey:
(around minute 16 or 18 and the following minutes, especially 21:15).

Also MBTI invented the P-J dichotomy. It wasn't in Jungs work, so many people have difficulties with that and in socionics you see that they have it different. LIIs are judgers, INTj(udger), because Ti is a judging function. And the functions are different a little bit but they are closer to Jungs work actually. There are a lot of reasons to switch to socionics. Don't give up on it. Every typology system is difficult at the beginning. LII and ILI are almost opposites. Opposite Quadra, opposite valued functions etc.
They only have the same strong (Ti, Te, Ni, Ne) and weak functions but they value exactly the opposite ones (Ti-Ne versus Ni-Te).

and just a fun fact to annoy you ^^
https://personalitycafe.com/intp-forum-thinkers/377146-possible-mistake-intp-infp.html#post12013938 ... and the following posts
you can also read this (communication between NPs versus NJs): Ne-Si vs. Ni-Se: Myers-Briggs Function Pairs

but I could very well see that you're an INTJ from the answers you gave me :)

So especially in socionics you don't have to be a loud extravert to be ILE.
extraverted means you focus on the external world, introverted that you focus inwardly. (see link of Schweeeeks first dichotomy). It's only the function who is introverted or extraverted.
and I'm not sure but I think that's also in the interview with keirsey somewhere.
Dr Viktor Gulenko typed this man as LII based on this 4 hour interview I did of him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts