Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...so out of all the fuzziness that appears to be associated with esfjs i'm wondering how they act when they're mean or stressed... especially men...

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
People are so much more than a 4 letter classification. I tested as an EFSJ, but I also consider myself to be a protector at times, a thinker, a supervisor or teacher.

But... to answer your question :)

Anger/"mean": If I'm not careful I'll snap back at whatever is causing me to feel that way. I know that anger is a response to being hurt somehow, so I try to look for the root cause and take a deep breath before saying something. It doesn't always work, lol. As I get older it feels like it's easier though.

Stress: Depends on what caused the stress. I like "good" stress as it motivates me. "Bad" stress I try to avoid. I have learned my limits (or what I like to think of as my limits), and the best policy for me is to avoid being in a bad stress job/place.

One thing that you didn't list is criticism, which cuts deep wounds. If someone I don't know criticizes me, it's a tiny paper-cut. The closer someone is to me, the deeper the hurt. Criticism from my wife or closest friends is like being impaled on a red-hot spear, and it usually drives me to a really dark place of depression. I retreat from the world and become as unseen as possible. The few times it has happened have been life-altering events.

-ZDD

·
Registered
129 Posts
One thing that you didn't list is criticism, which cuts deep wounds. If someone I don't know criticizes me, it's a tiny paper-cut. The closer someone is to me, the deeper the hurt. Criticism from my wife or closest friends is like being impaled on a red-hot spear, and it usually drives me to a really dark place of depression. I retreat from the world and become as unseen as possible. The few times it has happened have been life-altering events.

-ZDD

Ahh,

im an enfj but i have that reaction too.

generally if someone i don't know that well, even a friend, criticizes me i say to myself that they don't know me well enough to form an idea of who i am and i brush it off. if my family criticizes me first reaction is anger or rather, contained disappointment in them( for being rude? Fe) and myself (fe). i may not realize why i'm angry but i'll take it and after an hour i'll realize that they were right and try to improve myself. often i get that they're right at the beginning if it's explained objectively to me.

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
if my family criticizes me first reaction is anger
Anger is an outlet for pain, whether emotional, spiritual or physical. There are other outlets, but anger is easy and very familiar.

-ZDD

·
Registered
118 Posts
Righty ways to make me mad include

*Unjust or unwarranted criticism
*Not listening to me in situations where I know I am right
*Acting unnecessarily selfish about anything

I will also have to be either stressed or tired, otherwise I can usually work around these problems.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Random question - was the title of the thread supposed to read ENFJ or ESFJ? Just curious.

As for me, I will admit that any criticism hurts me whether I know the person or not. I outwardly welcome criticism and I will take it though with grace, even if it hurts on the inside. I welcome outside perspectives as a way to open my mind and try to see things from a different viewpoint. Sorry if I turned this into something off-topic. lol

As for being troubled or mean... When I get troubled I get VERY introverted and very depressed. I don't talk to hardly anyone which is very unlike me. I've even messed up friendships in the past when I've gone through really hard times because I've blocked myself off. :-(
The only time I get mean is when I feel the need to really protect myself and someone is in my face hurting me and it needs to stop. The biggest example I can make of this (sigh) is in dealing with my ex and the horrible way he treated me. I got mean when I just couldn't take it anymore and I snapped. When I feel that things are unjust and I can't stand for it anymore, I can get mean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts