Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the new season is out in a month.

Marty: ESTJ (''A man with a way of doing things, a code'' was one quote that summarises this without a lot of explanation)

Rust : INXJ (Tough to call but clear Ni dominant.. I don't understand why there are arguments suggesting he is ISFP, not at all. )

·
Registered
INTJ
1,416 Posts
It's been awhile since I've watched, but:

Marty: I agree with ESTJ. Might even go with ISTJ, actually. Either way, some kind of SJ.

Rust: I'm not quiet sure beyond INxx. Definitely an introverted intuitive. I would say maybe INTP or INFJ. Definitely an incredible performance by Matthew McConaughey.

Can't wait for next season, though. I'm interested to see what Colin Farrell will bring to the mix (an interesting and unexpected cast in general)

Reactions: Not To Be

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Rust: ISTP or INTP

Marty: Umm, isn't he a Se-Fi user ? ( ESFP ?)

Reactions: Not To Be

·
Registered
490 Posts
Marty is certainly ESTx, and Rust is probably INTJ. The thing that bothers me with Marty is that while the things he says clearly demonstrates Si/Fi-values, he's very self-delusional. He didn't take his work seriously, in practice he valued hedonistic pleasure over his duties, and he constantly rationalized his own actions to a degree I've never seen an Fi-type do(even as inferior function). It's a tough call.

Rust is all about Ni and Fi. I can't recall a single moment where he expresses Fe.

Maggie is the ISFP imho.

Errol Childress seemed like a psychotic ISTP.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Marty is certainly ESTx, and Rust is probably INTJ. The thing that bothers me with Marty is that while the things he says clearly demonstrates Si/Fi-values, he's very self-delusional. He didn't take his work seriously, in practice he valued hedonistic pleasure over his duties, and he constantly rationalized his own actions to a degree I've never seen an Fi-type do(even as inferior function). It's a tough call.

Rust is all about Ni and Fi. I can't recall a single moment where he expresses Fe.

Maggie is the ISFP imho.

Errol Childress seemed like a psychotic ISTP.

Yup, that's what I like about the show. Marty was just a symbol portraying the ''arrogance of man'' and how he repeatedly becomes the hypocrite of his own ideology of, what are, actual good traditions and values.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some people think that Rustin Cohle could be INFJ, but I don't think so... He's maybe ISTJ or INTJ.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Rust: ISTP
Marty: ESTJ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts