Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trust with people are very thin. i love people and everything, a i repeatedly give them chances and i noticced people take advantage of this. It's really hurting me cause i feel like i keep being burned a million times but i'm silly enough to put my hand in the fire.
I'm just curious how you NF thinkers think about trust and how you learn to retrust ect?

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Why bother trusting people?

trust is earned you don't just hand it to everyone like some kind of gate prize.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I totally agree with you. mine is earned. and i'm just curious what others think.. i'm trying to figure somethings out.. and i've learned that trusting people is a huge thing with some people. If you don't trust them, they don't trust you and that leads to a horrible friendship. And i kind of need people but people have been abusing my efforts of friendship. and getting new friends are a whole lot harder when you are young and going to high school.
Just curious what people feel and think on trust. i see that you have a few trust issues?

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I have trust issues somewhat and it's usually regarding my family members more than other people. I usually don't put strangers or am never really in a situation where I would have to trust them. I never even really have a trust situation with my friends, just my family and I am weary of them because I know how they are and what to expect so it's hard to trust some of them.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
I totally agree with you. mine is earned. and i'm just curious what others think.. i'm trying to figure somethings out.. and i've learned that trusting people is a huge thing with some people. If you don't trust them, they don't trust you and that leads to a horrible friendship. And i kind of need people but people have been abusing my efforts of friendship. and getting new friends are a whole lot harder when you are young and going to high school.
Just curious what people feel and think on trust. i see that you have a few trust issues?
I don't have any trust issues, I know for a fact people can't be trusted.
People don't have to know you don't trust them.
Treat them all equally, just treat some more equally than others.
I'm good at not giving people anything to work with.
People are generally self-centred and if you are naturally curious about people they will often open up to you on the mistaken notion that you give a shit about them, most often the more they talk about themselves the more they "like" "you"

Don't know how useful that is to you, just throwing it out there.

Reactions: summersoccer14

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I don't really trust people at all. I try to, it just usually seems very stupid, since I pretty much know that any trust I put in people will ultimately be betrayed.

Reactions: MilkyWay132

·
Registered
41 Posts
Usually I give people a clean slate when I meet them, unless they raise some really alarming signals. I don't mean that I'll go telling them my life secrets, but more of I just approach them neutrally. To me, trust is something that you should build of over time~

However, I do trust people a bit too quickly at times. My main problem is that when people breach my trust, I have a really hard time trusting them again. I do like to believe that at heart, people are good and trustworthy.

Man, this whole post was basically just 'Hey! Let's state the obvious! x3' pahaha.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If it's one thing I don't subscribe to, it's the "Don't trust anyone" mentality. That mentality is rooted in fear. True, there are people out there that do not have your best intentions in mind, but if I'm the type of person who never trusts a soul on this earth, I sure as hell wont expect anyone to trust me.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I trust my parents and my husband and that's about it....I'm trying to trust my friends more, but I still get nagging little doubts. It makes me feel guilty because many of them have put their trust in me but I have had very bad experiences in the past. I'm working on it though, but I have a very slow process when it comes to earning my trust. I don't verbalize these issues though, I'm just selective in what I chose to share with people.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Trust should be based with common sense. I agree you must gain trust but I give everyone a baseline trust. It goes up and down from there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think a few things on this one -

it firstly depends what and how the trust is broken, is it something that is maliciously done or just something that is natural? like for example, sleeping with your boyfriend is malicous, but gossiping is natural, people talk about you and your a fool to think they wont.

secondly, if its you done something shitty and people found out, you shouldnt be doing shitty things and you shouldnt tell people either. people are going to have an opinion, just because they care about you, doesnt mean there happy about it and arent going to see you differently.

thirdly - are you expecting to much? there is trust and theres expectation. think about that one.

lastly - are you choosing your friends wisely? most of the time when my trust has been broken is because i put trust in those who from experience and whitness i know cant be trusted, so why am i or you any different?

also you telling us that you have never broken someones trust?

were all human, and we make mistakes, i trust people who forgive me mostly. because i believe trust is all about knowing that you have a relationship with someone who you feel can take you for who you are, and you havent got to pretend your perfect.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
My trust with people are very thin. i love people and everything, a i repeatedly give them chances and i noticced people take advantage of this. It's really hurting me cause i feel like i keep being burned a million times but i'm silly enough to put my hand in the fire.
I'm just curious how you NF thinkers think about trust and how you learn to retrust ect?
Yes, I feel the same way. I have a hard time trusting people

·
Registered
806 Posts
It's difficult to gain my trust. Whenever I meet someone, I'm a bit shy. I start opening up a bit, but then I forget to communicate with them enough and the relationship fades away. Not only that, but I'm afraid they won't accept me because I'm into things most people aren't into, such as Philosophy. To make things worse, I just don't talk enough and they eventually forget about me and start relationships with other people.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
I trust very few people. You are not alone with your thinking.

Reactions: summersoccer14

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think I trust people too much D: Especially the people whom I call my "friends". The problem is even when they hurt me really badly such as one time, some of my "close friends" thought it would be funny to put a milk carton in my backpack when I trusted it to them while I went to buy one of them some soda. SOOO It ended up exploding while in my classroom. I gotta say that sucked when all my stuff smelled like milk. What's even sadder is when I was done crying, I STILL TRUST THEM. I can't pull myself away from believing in their good inner nature. But for ideas and beliefs. I trust only 2 people. One is one of my best friends, another is my sister. Basically I can trust anyone I meet even someone new, with relative amount of positiveness, but my ideas are my own.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Trusting is hard and not something that comes easily for me. People will have to earn my trust, but I have to be cognizant of what I'm expecting of them and whether it's fair to them. Be naive and expect too much or be a cynic and expect nothing? I really don't want to be either, so it's a continous effort to keep both sides of the equation in check.

At some point in the relationship, I have to figure out whether people have demonstrated that I can trust them with my feelings, dreams, ideas... But that is easier said than done.

Most of my friends will come through for me in situations where I need tangible support.... Emotional support is a different matter. I cannot trust them to take me seriously when it comes to that. So I avoid all that and just don't open up as much. And then they wonder why I don't talk much...

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I trust almost anyone unless I have a reason not to

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I don't like to live in fear. I do take risks because I believe I can set appropriate boundaries. I don't trust too many people to be in my space all the time, however.

Oh yeah, and I forgot. I don't trust family or anything resembling one. It gives me the heebee jeebees.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts