Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't that one of the biggest challenges in life for a number of people? Trusting your most authentic voice over the voices of others?

For example, you actually ''just know'' who is right for you and what relationship is best for you. You ''just know'' what is your main passion in life and what career that you're meant to have. You ''just know'' what you're good at. You ''just know'' that your friend is a good person.

But sometimes the voices of others (or even past abusers) had made you question how to believe in yourself and what's important for you. Even if those voices are present anymore, it could stay in your mind. Have you ever had?

This is quite inspiring though, for a musician:

Q. So how did you find the courage to change, especially at the beginning?

My whole life there was always this little voice. It got bigger and bigger when I really started listening to it, and now that voice is my voice. What would it say? It said, “You feel happiest when making music. The world is better if you make music. Even if it’s only better for only one other person, it’s still better.” I listened to that voice instead of all the others. - Greg Johnson

Read source: Jazz man Greg Johnson lets intuition lead - Oakland health and happiness | Examiner.com

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Its sometimes scary to trust your inner voice. I know when I found my beloved there were so many questions, so many uncertainties. So much uncharted territory. And I don't mean in the normal romantic sense but really a lot of stuff of a far more serious nature. Stuff that would make my brain think 'what the hell are you getting into'
Yet my inner voice screamed out a huge YES, and after a while my mind had no choice but give in and follow suit. Even if the outside world sometimes looks at me like I have gone completely mad.

I don't know. Maybe this is the stupidest thing I have ever done. But I will trust my inner voice in this because I believe in it and I know that a way will be found.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its sometimes scary to trust your inner voice. I know when I found my beloved there were so many questions, so many uncertainties. So much uncharted territory. And I don't mean in the normal romantic sense but really a lot of stuff of a far more serious nature. Stuff that would make my brain think 'what the hell are you getting into'
Yet my inner voice screamed out a huge YES, and after a while my mind had no choice but give in and follow suit. Even if the outside world sometimes looks at me like I have gone completely mad.

I don't know. Maybe this is the stupidest thing I have ever done. But I will trust my inner voice in this because I believe in it and I know that a way will be found.

The real danger actually starts when we let the voices of others drown out our potential to nurture our innermost trustworthy voice.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, and I like reading inspiring stories like this;

Source: Haiti miracles continue: French rescue team ignores practicality resulting in another rescue (video) - National Spiritual Living | Examiner.com

Haiti miracles continue: French rescue team ignores practicality resulting in another rescue (video)

* January 29th, 2010 12:21 pm ET

Stubbornness? Persistence? Or listening to a still, small voice.
Photo: Aerial photos Haiti January 13, 2010. - Haiti earthquake - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies

On January 27, 2010 17 year old Darlene Etienne was found because a French rescue team ignored practicality and common sense in favor of their own feelings that there were more survivors. After 15 days in the rubble, the teenager, who was left for dead, will now live.

French Ambassador Didier le Bret praised the persistence of the French rescue team, which has kept looking for survivors for days after the Haitian government officially called off the search. "They are so stubborn because they should not have been working anymore because, officially, the rescue phase is over. But they felt that some lives still are to be saved, so we did not say that they should leave the country," he told Associated Press Television News. - Stunning recovery: Haitian girl pulled from debris

Stubbornness? Persistence? Yes. But could it be that the rescue team was so stubborn because they were simply listening to that still, small voice that inhabits all of our hearts and souls and leads us to what we call miracles in ordinary lives if we will only listen? The team was told to move from rescue to recovery. Science says that 15 days is just too long. Others have given up because practicality says it is time. And yet they continued.

Darlene Etienne is alive today because the French team chose to ignore the realistic expectations of survival in favor of the unrealistic, but empowering spiritual expectations that lived in their hearts. Imagine a world full of people willing to listen to that still, small voice. Just imagine.

Video of Rescue: http://news.yahoo.com/video/weather-15749664/15-day-survival-miracle-rescue-in-haiti-17866929

1 - 5 of 5 Posts