Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was confused as to what my 'type' was. I had this recommended to me so I'm gonna try it and post it and see what everyone says. (If no one replies, it'll suck, but I won't be ungrateful. I understand this kind of 'type me' stuff gets posted a lot)

1. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Overall, pretty unhappy in life (Not living up to my own ideal of what I could be in life). Not on meds. No mental illness to speak of (mild anxiety maybe) I'm currently chill. 23/Male

2. Study these two images here and here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?

I prefer the beach one, makes me feel safer and tranquil. The other one of the woman eating, looks posh and the food looks nasty to me. Reminds me of like, America being overindulgent.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?

Hi, my name is ___, I am an inquisitive person and a very adaptable problem solver who values a productive environment where everybody works together for a common goal. My ideas are such that I can think outside of the box and offer a unique synopsis on things that others might not have thought of. (I used this as like a way to promote myself, I guess that's what the question was asking)

4. What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?

A creative person who was a performer and could travel around for a living, experiencing life to the fullest and inspiring others through creative means. I would hate to be a person who was stuck in a 9 to 5 losing my soul and myself. I would hate to be someone who was living with guilt and living alone with no personal relationship that was worth a damn.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?

Of course I'm sure people can see that I'm creative and definitely curious. But since I keep a lot of my hobbies to myself, I think they would be somewhat amazed at how much I do know about a variety of subjects. Others probably see me as a nice person who is somewhat detached and non-committal, maybe a little hard to reach, temperamental at times as well. Maybe a bit dramatic/whiny. I believe my intent is usually pretty good even at my angriest moments I'm usually angry over something I really believe is wrong instead of just being a rude person in general. I probably care more than people would ever imagine. I show this side to a select few people.

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the Value Test and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.

Freedom to do things that you are excited and happy doing, regardless of others observations of it or opinions they have getting into your mind and making you drift elsewhere. Everyone deserves some sort of comfort. I truly believe that even the worst people (few exceptions, rapists and pedophiles etc) deserve the basic human needs or else they should just be put out of their misery. I strongly disagree with the prison system and how condemning people are. It's unhelpful to be that way. It's a big cause of non progress (especially Americans) I see this in myself and I at times am a hypocrite who condemns and rants and raves, but at least I'm aware.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?

Excited nervous energy, I become very observational, noticing everything around me more vividly than I did when I was comfortable. If it's a situation where I pick up bad energy from said situation, I become in a fight or flight mode or I just stick around and if I do stick with it, I try to adapt and just go with it. I'm usually very unhappy with surprises, though. I like to be prepared. Recently I was going to a new school, and I didn't know anybody there so I just stayed quiet mostly, eventually I adapted and it became routine but I always stayed fairly distant from people at the same time.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

As I said above, I either shut down or I get into an aggressive mood. If I don't respect the person. For example: I had a family visit recently, and for a while he has come around. I don't necessarily respect him and I find him to be bigoted, so when he comes around I kind of avoid him if he's in town. I do get aggressive if I feel like I'm thinking about it too much or I see him affecting my mood so much that my freedom is altered by the obsessive thoughts of how people like him exist. He is a sort of tragic example of youth, a free person who has no consequences and lives 'in the moment' he represents a bigger problem to me. Once I got so upset that he came around that I was punching the wall, pissed off, I thought about grabbing a baseball bat and threatening him with it, I was so upset I was shaking I told him to f*ck off or else.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.

I get that endorphin fueled high and I feel as if life is limitless as far as possibilities go. It's an amazing feeling, everything becomes more vivid and I'm generally more receptive to people and I sort of become my best version of myself in general. I am very sensitive to touch and energy and things so I definitely drink in everything in those moments.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?

I feel like I understand people a lot and they don't understand me much. I usually just let people do what they do, if I don't respect them I just avoid the socialization all together. One on one is much better because people can act different when influenced by a group. Unfortunately if I see someone doing this, I may understand why they do it, but I won't trust them and I'll quickly get annoyed at them and probably stop talking to them/pursuing a friendship.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?

Social norms are a product of an evolving system of things that developed over time. I think a lot of people just do things and use the reasoning ''it's just what we/you do, you just do it'' and I never believed that was a valid reason. People are a flawed creation, with such potential for greatness, usually squandered by meaningless drivel that drives them. It's sad in a way I read somewhere something called ''malevolent pity'' which describes my disposition well. Things that are important to me as far as society goes is connecting with friends and making life long friends. You need people whether you like it or not, I think. Things that aren't so important, is social media, traditions like holidays, and things like that.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?

To me authority means someone was delegated to a leadership role. That's it really. People decided that person was worthy or they themselves did. Sometimes it's true and they are worthy, but unfortunately usually the opposite is true. How do I deal with it? Well, if I think the person is right or I can learn from them I'll gladly listen and do as they say. If I think they are on some power trip or an idiot I won't bother them. I'm usually an authority questioner.

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?

Usually order is good for me. But sometimes I use order as a safety blanket, which I dislike. I can be chaotic creatively and in general I can be pretty erratic and eccentric at times. When others are being noisy/chaotic I usually (hypocritically) don't like it or them. I will tell them to stop being loud or whatever.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?

I fear not being happy with my life and being stuck in that place forever. I sort of self sabotage myself, though. I notice that I create some of my own restrictions in my life. It's just that what I fear (not being happy/fulfilled) I'm actually afraid to reach for those things too.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?

I desire intense experiences and meaning usually with someone else that I just love and adore. I love creative things and I desire to be an artist type person who kind of lives life as a freelancer, never bound to a regimen or restrictions.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

I get energized from physhical things like sex, running, creating things ( I am a tailor, and I design clothes/sew and make a lot of art with my hands as well) a really good song can energize me a lot. Something draining for me is doing the same things every single day, seeing the same people everyday, etc. Hearing the same stories over and over from people. I would say super chaotic environments can drain me.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.

I want to know my type because i have friends that are into this and they know their types and I like to know mine for sure as well. I find this whole thing interesting. I think I am some sort of feeler, but I can't be sure. On Enneagram tests I score 4 or 6 usually. I haven't taken that test, maybe I have but I forgot my results, I think it was INTP.

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you?

I don't think so.

Thanks to anyone who replies/reads this.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm pretty new still to typing other people, so I'm a bit unsure and I hope you will get more replies. Anyhow I did enjoy reading your answers as they were thoughtful and you express yourself well.

The one thing I really feel like you have pretty high of the cognitive functions is Fi, which would lead us to an FP type with Fi as dom or aux. Sometimes I felt like you might have pretty good sensing as well, though it could also be that it comes out more in stressful situations, same as your main thinking function. But yes, between sensing and intuiting I feel like there could be a bit more intuiting and Ne seems to fit. I'm a bit unsure if you're an introvert or extravert. Do you have an opinion on that yourself so far? Do you get your energy more from interaction with people and the outside world or do you need to recharge by yourself?

But anyway, the type I'm coming to: How do you feel about INFP? Or possibly ENFP.

Reactions: Dangerose

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm pretty new still to typing other people, so I'm a bit unsure and I hope you will get more replies. Anyhow I did enjoy reading your answers as they were thoughtful and you express yourself well.

The one thing I really feel like you have pretty high of the cognitive functions is Fi, which would lead us to an FP type with Fi as dom or aux. Sometimes I felt like you might have pretty good sensing as well, though it could also be that it comes out more in stressful situations, same as your main thinking function. But yes, between sensing and intuiting I feel like there could be a bit more intuiting and Ne seems to fit. I'm a bit unsure if you're an introvert or extravert. Do you have an opinion on that yourself so far? Do you get your energy more from interaction with people and the outside world or do you need to recharge by yourself?

But anyway, the type I'm coming to: How do you feel about INFP? Or possibly ENFP.
I think i'm definitely an introvert. As far as those two types go, I attract a lot of INFP people in my life. I'm not sure I am like them though, thanks for replying though. I definitely recharge by myself and I am very creative by myself, doing various things such as painting, drawing, designing clothes, and even music, I also like to build things and fix things. As for the ENFP, I never considered it. Where do you see the ENFP/INFP showing up?

By the way I am an introvert, but I do strive for freedom and I can't stay in my 'introvert' stage for longer periods of time (weeks straight) or I will go crazy. I like to be out and about but at a distance, like I love to walk around and things but I don't necessarily socialize when I do. It's just a solitary thing. I would be fine with just one lover or something for company.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I prefer the beach one, makes me feel safer and tranquil. The other one of the woman eating, looks posh and the food looks nasty to me. Reminds me of like, America being overindulgent.
Probably S

Hi, my name is ___, I am an inquisitive person and a very adaptable problem solver who values a productive environment where everybody works together for a common goal. My ideas are such that I can think outside of the box and offer a unique synopsis on things that others might not have thought of. (I used this as like a way to promote myself, I guess that's what the question was asking)...

A creative person who was a performer and could travel around for a living, experiencing life to the fullest and inspiring others through creative means. I would hate to be a person who was stuck in a 9 to 5 losing my soul and myself.
Probably P

I would hate to be someone who was living with guilt and living alone with no personal relationship that was worth a damn.
Either E and/or F

Of course I'm sure people can see that I'm creative and definitely curious. But since I keep a lot of my hobbies to myself, I think they would be somewhat amazed at how much I do know about a variety of subjects. Others probably see me as a nice person who is somewhat detached and non-committal, maybe a little hard to reach, temperamental at times as well. Maybe a bit dramatic/whiny. I believe my intent is usually pretty good even at my angriest moments I'm usually angry over something I really believe is wrong instead of just being a rude person in general. I probably care more than people would ever imagine. I show this side to a select few people.
Probably I and/or F

Freedom to do things that you are excited and happy doing, regardless of others observations of it or opinions they have getting into your mind and making you drift elsewhere. Everyone deserves some sort of comfort. I truly believe that even the worst people (few exceptions, rapists and pedophiles etc) deserve the basic human needs or else they should just be put out of their misery. I strongly disagree with the prison system and how condemning people are. It's unhelpful to be that way. It's a big cause of non progress (especially Americans) I see this in myself and I at times am a hypocrite who condemns and rants and raves, but at least I'm aware.
Either F and/or P

Excited nervous energy, I become very observational, noticing everything around me more vividly than I did when I was comfortable. If it's a situation where I pick up bad energy from said situation, I become in a fight or flight mode or I just stick around and if I do stick with it, I try to adapt and just go with it. I'm usually very unhappy with surprises, though. I like to be prepared. Recently I was going to a new school, and I didn't know anybody there so I just stayed quiet mostly, eventually I adapted and it became routine but I always stayed fairly distant from people at the same time.
Probably I, either S and/or J

As I said above, I either shut down or I get into an aggressive mood. If I don't respect the person. For example: I had a family visit recently, and for a while he has come around. I don't necessarily respect him and I find him to be bigoted, so when he comes around I kind of avoid him if he's in town. I do get aggressive if I feel like I'm thinking about it too much or I see him affecting my mood so much that my freedom is altered by the obsessive thoughts of how people like him exist. He is a sort of tragic example of youth, a free person who has no consequences and lives 'in the moment' he represents a bigger problem to me. Once I got so upset that he came around that I was punching the wall, pissed off, I thought about grabbing a baseball bat and threatening him with it, I was so upset I was shaking I told him to f*ck off or else.
Wow :th_woot: I don't know what to make of that.

I get that endorphin fueled high and I feel as if life is limitless as far as possibilities go. It's an amazing feeling, everything becomes more vivid and I'm generally more receptive to people and I sort of become my best version of myself in general. I am very sensitive to touch and energy and things so I definitely drink in everything in those moments.
Either S and/or P

I feel like I understand people a lot and they don't understand me much. I usually just let people do what they do, if I don't respect them I just avoid the socialization all together. One on one is much better because people can act different when influenced by a group. Unfortunately if I see someone doing this, I may understand why they do it, but I won't trust them and I'll quickly get annoyed at them and probably stop talking to them/pursuing a friendship.
Probably I

Social norms are a product of an evolving system of things that developed over time. I think a lot of people just do things and use the reasoning ''it's just what we/you do, you just do it'' and I never believed that was a valid reason. People are a flawed creation, with such potential for greatness, usually squandered by meaningless drivel that drives them. It's sad in a way I read somewhere something called ''malevolent pity'' which describes my disposition well. Things that are important to me as far as society goes is connecting with friends and making life long friends. You need people whether you like it or not, I think. Things that aren't so important, is social media, traditions like holidays, and things like that...

To me authority means someone was delegated to a leadership role. That's it really. People decided that person was worthy or they themselves did. Sometimes it's true and they are worthy, but unfortunately usually the opposite is true. How do I deal with it? Well, if I think the person is right or I can learn from them I'll gladly listen and do as they say. If I think they are on some power trip or an idiot I won't bother them. I'm usually an authority questioner.
Probably P

Usually order is good for me. But sometimes I use order as a safety blanket, which I dislike. I can be chaotic creatively and in general I can be pretty erratic and eccentric at times. When others are being noisy/chaotic I usually (hypocritically) don't like it or them. I will tell them to stop being loud or whatever.
I'm not sure: Judgers like when more effort goes into order and Perceivers like when more effort goes into disorder, but well-rounded Judgers can easily learn to accept passive, accidental disorder and vice versa.

I fear not being happy with my life and being stuck in that place forever. I sort of self sabotage myself, though. I notice that I create some of my own restrictions in my life. It's just that what I fear (not being happy/fulfilled) I'm actually afraid to reach for those things too.
I'm not sure how type-specific that is.

I desire intense experiences and meaning usually with someone else that I just love and adore. I love creative things and I desire to be an artist type person who kind of lives life as a freelancer, never bound to a regimen or restrictions...

I get energized from physhical things like sex, running, creating things ( I am a tailor, and I design clothes/sew and make a lot of art with my hands as well) a really good song can energize me a lot. Something draining for me is doing the same things every single day, seeing the same people everyday, etc. Hearing the same stories over and over from people. I would say super chaotic environments can drain me.
Strong S, moderate P

I want to know my type because i have friends that are into this and they know their types and I like to know mine for sure as well. I find this whole thing interesting. I think I am some sort of feeler, but I can't be sure. On Enneagram tests I score 4 or 6 usually. I haven't taken that test, maybe I have but I forgot my results, I think it was INTP.
Sounds like IN-P :wink:

IE) I'm seeing a lot more I than E, and even the most interpersonally active parts of your description sound more focused on the depth/quality of your relationships than on the breadth/quantity (more "warm-blooded introvert" than "cold-blooded extrovert")

SN) I'm not seeing a lot of N; you talk a lot about creativity, but that's not as type-specific as a lot of people think it is

TF) aside from your test results, I'm not seeing any strong T preferences, and you've just said that the alleged "test results" are unreliable, so I'm going to go ahead and call you F.

JP) I'm not seeing a lot of J; even when you talk the most about when you like order more than chaos, it sounds more like you're talking about order as the exception rather than the rule ("75% chaos is better than 90% chaos" rather than "90% order is better than 90% chaos")

All in all, I'd say you're probably ISFP

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
I agree with @pivot_turn that you seem to have high Fi usage, probably an FP and my first thought upon reading this questionnaire was ENFP. However, I think SFP is still a possibility. ISFP perhaps? Do the Se descriptions resonate with you?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think i'm definitely an introvert. As far as those two types go, I attract a lot of INFP people in my life. I'm not sure I am like them though, thanks for replying though. I definitely recharge by myself and I am very creative by myself, doing various things such as painting, drawing, designing clothes, and even music, I also like to build things and fix things. As for the ENFP, I never considered it. Where do you see the ENFP/INFP showing up?

By the way I am an introvert, but I do strive for freedom and I can't stay in my 'introvert' stage for longer periods of time (weeks straight) or I will go crazy. I like to be out and about but at a distance, like I love to walk around and things but I don't necessarily socialize when I do. It's just a solitary thing. I would be fine with just one lover or something for company.
I was a bit unsure about the N vs S too, but your reply to me sounds more S again. Like your need to get out and about without socializing sounds more like seeking sensory experience than E vs I. It's hard to pinpoint now where I got the N, but like I said it was not that clear, a little bit here and there and something more of Ne feeling though than Ni. Anyway, especially if you don't relate with xNFP, I'd agree with the others in ISFP being the next possibility. I'm not very good at asking clarifying questions (some are), but at least there's something for you to start on and look at IxFP types maybe closer and especially the Se and Ne functions that those have as auxiliary.

Reactions: Dangerose

·
Registered
148 Posts
ISFP, I think..you also come off as kind of INFPish but you seem a bit too high energy to be an INFP? I'm not sure if INFPs are generally high energy or not lol, just a guess, but I see a lot of se usage, and maybe not so much ne.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah, ISFP seems like the best answer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.