Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was pretty much MIA here for a while and only found the newer questionnaire now. I already have some typeme threads on this board but I am bored enough right now so let's see if this one's any different :p

Please don't rely on my previous questionnaires or my profile about my type when analysing this, thanks! :)

Tell me about yourself.

*mind goes blank when asked things like that*

What do you do for a living and/or study and how did you come to choose or not choose that vocation and/or study?

How I choose them would be the more relevant part here. I used not to to plan ahead :/ I just bumped into things and people and I would think up a related goal and execute that and my life course would change totally. This heavily applies to choice of studies/jobs. Though with studies on my second try I definitely thought I've decided my whole life course. Just then I ran into something else, you see. Of course after that I went back to my studies, I didn't start them just to not finish them (I'm 95% done now) and I'm still interested in that stuff anyway.

Now maybe it's different, I'm actually trying to think of plans. Right now in work area my main objective is just getting enough money to start some sort of business or similar. I've always preferred leading my own life, not as someone else's employee. I have other plans too that are related to my other interests but am not sure about how to execute them yet. It's a bit vague so far.

What are your interests and hobbies?

I'm usually into one thing the most at a time with heavy focus on it. Later I will still be interested but with less intense focus.

List of stuff:

what's inside the mind: cognitive sciences/some psychology things (not the "touchy feely" parts)/some philosophy stuff
computery stuff, especially low level workings of computers
sports stuff, doing sports for hard goals and exercise physiology theory and practice
languages
some literature/art
some collections of objects
some natural sciences/economy/math (but I don't spend much time on this..)
etc

Why these? I like to think that researching stuff about how the mind works is enchanting and touches on some special affinity/ability I may have for the topic (or not but this is what I like to feel). As for favourite sport, again it's favourite because I feel like it was "made" for me. Science: it fits my thinking on some level so it feels really "tasty". Collections: like the looks of the things (aesthetically), and/or status related. And so on.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

Usual criticism goes along the lines of having a too tough/blunt and argumentative style, being thoughtless/inconsiderate, nitpicking, overanalysing/too many questions.

No I'm certainly not great at social niceties. Sometimes I get it into my head that I'm too socially awkward and dislike that then. Like, why am I not a part *enough* of any people thing?

Two friends also said these: 1) I have walls around me (not letting others get close) 2) not showing my inside thoughts, thus appearing shallower than I am (apparently it was a positive surprise though when I did share...)

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

Strengths that others mentioned in no particular order: confidence, intelligence, perseverance, adroitness, being fast, will achieve what I set my mind to, helpful, physically fit, can't bother to think of more items now

I like those things about myself and more: my competitiveness, my enthusiasm/passion, my focus, my openness, my way of thinking/looking at the world.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

Social things, like getting included. If there's anything else I need help with I'm not sure I'm aware of that then.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and perspectives?

I was brought up in a Christian family and because that was all I saw, I tried to be religious. But I failed at it. I just could never believe. The whole Bible story didn't make sense either. I must be a born materialist.
A non-believer at the least. But actually, the way I freed myself from trying to fit into Christianism was by reading up about some more abstract God concepts. I liked that stuff more. Then over time I dropped the whole God idea. I think it's just a finite human concept. The idea of Hell shows that particularly well. It's a total contradiction, claiming God is good and loves us and claiming at the same time that there's a Hell. That was my final argument on the topic.

Still I'm not a true atheist because I have this spiritual feeling sometimes about the world. But this is not when I look around in the world, this feeling only comes disconnected from that. And it's not often that I think/feel this but I do like it. In general I like stuff along the lines of physicalist pantheism, zen, whatever. Something abstract.

What did you do last Friday?

Love that sort of question. :p My memory's shit like that, it's like what happened an hour ago never happened*. Lol. And it's been 6 days since last Friday, that doesn't help. F*ck it, let me talk about Monday okay?

I went to bed really late (ugh, I managed to keep an acceptable sleep schedule but I managed to fuck it up lately), got up at 2PM, went right away to the hairdresser to get my hair done at 3PM, I was pretty bored waiting there as usual but pretty happy with the result of slight experimenting on hair colour. Then I went around in the city, ate fast food in a place. Ran into a sport buddy unexpectedly, talked a couple lines. Picked up a package at the post office. Got home in the evening, went out right away for a quick run then after showering, got online, eating dinner at the PC. Online I discussed what new programming project needs done. Then still online, talked to a friend, was trying to talk her into going with me for a little weekend travel, offering to pay for her expenses (not an expensive thing anyway) with her being reluctant due to her life issues. Meanwhile when I was waiting here and there at the hairdresser and in the city, I had epiphanies about my life, about certain social things from the distant past and also how a certain crappy event 2 years ago maybe actually showed me the secret key to a big question in my life and I was only thinking of that now finally. Haha. Oh and in the evening I of course got upset about my friend, well that was about all the emotions for the day. I got upset enough to decide and start a blog about my secret emotional life, which I still have not written anything in. Maybe the next try... Then went to bed pretty late again. So, I think that concludes the day.

*: I do actually have a good autobiographical memory for the past but nothing comes to mind when you ask about what happened today.

Is this restaurant run properly?

Which restaurant?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What secret epiphanies did you have? Also describe a night out with your friends.
I don't want to talk about the epiphanies in detail right now but they were about the following;

1) ...social things, people's attitude to me and how it would all make sense in a certain way. Analysis of certain situation and trying to see it on a more general level over the years. All that was way back in the past btw.
2) ...what was it in a psychological sense that made me so attracted to a certain person 2 years ago (yeah opposite sex of course :) and of course he's long gone from my life since then). I'm not great at these psychoanalyst approachs though so I was treading on thin ice there with my thoughts.

Night out with friends:

That would not be indicative of anything other than the fact that I don't have a lot of options to go by. But ok, example, I spent this new year's eve with two people. Ending with my supposedly best friend breaking up with her imaginary online love (probably a bit drunk huh) and with me finding out she was talking shit behind my back to a mutual friend. Ok let's find the positive side, at least I managed to get people to my place, had a little bit of fun and I tried out some really strong alcohol for fun and confirmed I could take it without a problem even though I don't drink much by default. (I was first detailing the whole story in a linear fashion but got too upset by the end so I deleted the details)

·
Registered
INTP / LII
1,312 Posts
Ti/Fe > Te/Fi is already sure and we can narrow it down piece by piece

as you took part on this Ti fest http://personalitycafe.com/socionics-forum/158552-socionics-wrong-approach-8.html

The only possible LII was bearotter and the rest is typical Ni Ti-ing of IEI´s as already observed in other Threads like these:

http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/84760-mbti-types-illusion.html

or the Discussion on the tertiary Orientation

Boooooring as fuck :crazy: (Ni-Ti threads)

and you don´t come across as non-ethical in your approach.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ti/Fe > Te/Fi is already sure and we can narrow it down piece by piece

as you took part on this Ti fest http://personalitycafe.com/socionics-forum/158552-socionics-wrong-approach-8.html

The only possible LII was bearotter and the rest is typical Ni Ti-ing of IEI´s as already observed in other Threads like these:

http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/84760-mbti-types-illusion.html

or the Discussion on the tertiary Orientation

Boooooring as fuck :crazy: (Ni-Ti threads)
Lol sorry for being so boring ;)

and you don´t come across as non-ethical in your approach.
Um, that now sounds interesting :) are you trying to say I'm Fe-ego > Ti-ego?

·
Registered
INTP / LII
1,312 Posts
Yes I do and you don´t seem to take things personally which also accounts for Fe>Fi. As a Ti Ego you would be more Dispassionate like the real INTj´s are.

I also play with the thought that your Enneagram as a Body/Instinct Type led you to think as being a Se leading type.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I do and you don´t seem to take things personally which also accounts for Fe>Fi. As a Ti Ego you would be more Dispassionate like the real INTj´s are.
...all Ti-egos, that is, INTj/ISTj/ESTp/ENTp are pretty dispassionate then? I can be very dispassionate but it's true that it's not like that all the time. Still, my default emotionality is me being pretty level/calm/lack of actual emotionality. Then I can sometimes get strong emotions that usually pass quickly. I can be either just having fun with people or I get angry about something... other kinds of emotions are a lot more rare (e.g. sadness and whatever else can be there but I'm not very refined with these things).

I also play with the thought that your Enneagram as a Body/Instinct Type led you to think as being a Se leading type.
Ah yeah I'm definitely an id type in enneagram, no question about that and yes that can share traits with Se in either system (MBTI and socionics).

But what's your conclusion then right now? EIE or IEI? o_O

Your friend has an imaginary internet friend? o_0
Well imaginary love in the sense they've never met IRL. The guy lives in a different country and my friend never dared to ask him to come visit her because she got this into her head that she needs to provide accommodation (which she can't right now) instead of some hotel. She can be pretty stubborn. Anyhow the guy didn't seem to bother too much to try and visit anyway so...

Anyway I used that word "imaginary" because I'm not a believer in online love, to fall in love you have to meet IRL first IMO. Maybe it was strange word usage though, I'm not a native speaker of English so not sure :)

So, you got any thoughts or questions? :)

·
Registered
INTP / LII
1,312 Posts
Fuck PerC my first response was killed due to a Smiley hang.

...all Ti-egos, that is, INTj/ISTj/ESTp/ENTp are pretty dispassionate then? I can be very dispassionate but it's true that it's not like that all the time. Still, my default emotionality is me being pretty level/calm/lack of actual emotionality. Then I can sometimes get strong emotions that usually pass quickly. I can be either just having fun with people or I get angry about something... other kinds of emotions are a lot more rare (e.g. sadness and whatever else can be there but I'm not very refined with these things).
It´s more obvious with Ti leads but yes you can view it this way. As I understand it Type 8 views Emotions as a weakness.

Ah yeah I'm definitely an id type in enneagram, no question about that and yes that can share traits with Se in either system (MBTI and socionics).

But what's your conclusion then right now? EIE or IEI? o_O
Not only Se E8 is the stereotype of SLE which Dynamic Opposite would be IEI. Though I find it weird that some 8s don´t have a problem with this theoretical online thing.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It´s more obvious with Ti leads but yes you can view it this way. As I understand it Type 8 views Emotions as a weakness.
Certain emotions yes.. anger is no problem :)

I also see myself in Fi PoLR in terms of my emotionality.

Uh, these concepts in different systems so easily overlap with each other.

Not only Se E8 is the stereotype of SLE which Dynamic Opposite would be IEI. Though I find it weird that some 8s don´t have a problem with this theoretical online thing.
So wait are you trying to say that you see me as IEI E8? Or what's with the Fe-ego thing? Lost track here a bit.

As for being capable of discussing theoretical topics online... must that be entirely type related? -.- Fact, I have a high IQ and been raised in a family where everyone has a university degree (or two o_O).

I will give one thing to you, I don't like to spend the entire day online or do this every day. That makes me feel too low energy or something.

·
Registered
INTP / LII
1,312 Posts
Certain emotions yes.. anger is no problem :)

I also see myself in Fi PoLR in terms of my emotionality.
Which could be a result of your Enneatype.

Uh, these concepts in different systems so easily overlap with each other.
You nail it, the Enneagram overlaps onto the Base Configuration which is the MBTI/Socionics thing in some ways.

So wait are you trying to say that you see me as IEI E8? Or what's with the Fe-ego thing? Lost track here a bit.
I do and the creative function which is part of the IEI´s Ego-Block is Fe. I think the 3 in your Tritype is also helpful for me, makes it easier in relation to type 6.

As for being capable of discussing theoretical topics online... must that be entirely type related? -.- Fact, I have a high IQ and been raised in a family where everyone has a university degree (or two o_O).
I also thought that already being familiar with such topics makes it easier for non-Head Types. Sorry for the Te overload.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Which could be a result of your Enneatype.

You nail it, the Enneagram overlaps onto the Base Configuration which is the MBTI/Socionics thing in some ways.
Hmm well food for thought.

I do and the creative function which is part of the IEI´s Ego-Block is Fe. I think the 3 in your Tritype is also helpful for me, makes it easier in relation to type 6.
Lots more food for thought. :)

Where do you see Ni as base function?

I also thought that already being familiar with such topics makes it easier for non-Head Types. Sorry for the Te overload.
Yeah, it helps. And no worries :)

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wasn´t looking for it I just see the similarities to type 8 and other IEIs so thats not really deep stuff. And my further understanding of the Enneagram adds clearity to it.
Ah okay.

I'm actually thinking about having more Ni than Fe. However Fe ego sounds like, uh, I would have to be better at Fe... so if not SLE, that'd only leave LSI then.

Btw... You know any IEI E8's? :p

And, any similarity between me and other IEIs? Other than me not always sounding entirely dispassionate :D

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
*bump*

I always thought I'm a pretty clear negativist. but how's that supposed to be different from Ne PoLR? anyone know the answer to that? I can see some cases from my life that I'm not sure if they are examples of negativist attitude or just Ne PoLR instead.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Type 8 accounts for a lot of the heavy emphasis on running your own business. But I think that while you're good at concepts, you're very nitpicky about the concrete details. I would say try reading through the Ti-ISTj and the Ti-ESTp to see which one you relate to more: Socionics - the16types.info - Type and subtype descriptions by Meged and Ovch

I know there's a stigma going around that sensors don't "get" concepts but I really think that's a misnomer. In my thread I may have mentioned that I dated an LSI, what I forgot to mention was how wicked smart he was and his knowledge had a tremendous wingspan. ;) He was like a walking encyclopedia. Everyone asks him for clarification on anything. My point is, that LSI's are some of the smartest people out there. I think it's the Ti and the attention to detail, so yeah, pretty much the whole type. lol. Your description of how you went through college and all that combined with your end goals for realizing a business seem a bit abstract, though. Doesn't much fit exactly with LSI. It's possible you're an intuitive type but it's also possible that it's due to being a perceiving type. I lean toward Ti subtype of SLE but I'm terrible at typing. lol. It took me years to finally submit to the idea of being an ENFj after I scored as an ENFP initially. Thank you, by the way, for that. You're tremendously insightful and helpful. I only wish I could repay the favor although I'm not quite sure how. ;)

But seriously, I do think that SLE with strong Ti would explain the try it and see approach. But like others have suggested, it's also possible that you're an intuitive type although it's like someone said in my thread, activity partners can seem very similar. Sometimes I look a lot like an SLE and in some ways you're coming across as an EIE. :) I have realizations about people all the time! About why I'm attracted to them, etc. :)

You seem a lot more technical than an NF. So if you are an intuitive type, you would be an NT. But then, you remind me of a lot of other LSI's...so, I don't know. I'm sorry. I just want you to have a realization like I had. It's just, could you maybe talk more about your plans for the future and how you're going about achieving those goals?

·
Registered
229 Posts
IEI E8s eh? Can't say that I have.Plenty of EIE 8s, loads even, my aunt is one. No IEI 8s yet. I mean it could happen. I suppose there isn't anything too fundamentally conflicting about such a typing. IEIs tend to be a good deal more laid back than most 8s.

Fwiw I wouldn't try to use enneagram to justify a socionics typing. If your a driven motivated individual, you're a driven motivated indivudal. Don't ignore such information when considering your socionics type simply because your enneagram type covers it. Both theories attempt to be all inclusive in a way so dividing yourself to fit them is counter productive.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts