Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
230 Posts
IEI E8s eh? Can't say that I have.Plenty of EIE 8s, loads even, my aunt is one. No IEI 8s yet. I mean it could happen. I suppose there isn't anything too fundamentally conflicting about such a typing. IEIs tend to be a good deal more laid back than most 8s.

Fwiw I wouldn't try to use enneagram to justify a socionics typing. If your a driven motivated individual, you're a driven motivated indivudal. Don't ignore such information when considering your socionics type simply because your enneagram type covers it. Both theories attempt to be all inclusive in a way so dividing yourself to fit them is counter productive.

· Registered
230 Posts
Not all inclusive in the sense that they describe the entirety of your personality, that was poor wording on my part. Both socinics and enneagram fail to codify a great many things that can influence an indivudal's behavior or world view. Rather what I meant is that both theories intend... You know what? Disregard both what I said and what I meant. I was getting at not omitting parts of a type description to make it fit but then again I purposely ignore almost everything Reinin or Gulenko "contributed" to socionics. That being said ESIs are Ne PoLR negativists and LSIs are Ne PoLR positivists. If you're trying to decide between ESI or LSI I recomend looking at quadra values and thinking on that. If you're trying to understand socionics in general I recomend ignoring Reinin dichotomies and Gulenko entirely and give all your attention to model A.

I recomend that if Ne PoLR fits then go with Ne PoLR and decide from there without Reinin's "help". Basically when there is a conflict or potential conflict between anything and model A, go with model A.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.