Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss is a force to be reckoned with! He walks fast, talks loud, and he's very direct. Oh yeah, and he micromanages. And yet, there is a very compassionate side to him. When an employee was dying of cancer, he was very upset. And when a coworker who also happened to be my BFF died, he was crushed. He gave me a day off, and when I came back to work, he kept an eye on me.
He's willing to give people a second chance. And he will joke around with us when in the right mood.
When he's in a bad mood, we steer a wide path around him! His tongue can be razor sharp!
I can't figure out which type he is because he's so intense, yet a devoted family man who obviously loves his wife, sons, and grandchildren. I'm guessing ESTJs could also be loving and protective. I'm stumped.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sounds more like an ESTJ, however the information you provided is very little.

I would suggest thinking on how he makes his decisions. Are they based on group-consensus (Fe) or on defined by-the-book standards (Te)?

Reactions: Lady Mary

·
Banned
1,780 Posts
My mom is an ESTJ and that sounds just like her. I have a friend that's an ESFJ and there is a noticeable difference between them. ESFJ is normally more welcoming and emotional, where ESTJ is more logical and blunt, but can show compassion when needed.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Sounds like an ESTJ.

Reactions: Lady Mary
1 - 4 of 4 Posts