Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've spent almost endless amounts of time taking personality tests, looking over personality profiles, etc etc. Most of my results of the test are INFP or ISFP. Every now and then something seemingly off the wall showed up like ESTJ. So I ask for you help me figure this out. I don't feel like going through bullet list of my own traits just divide it up by the four sections of types as best I can.

I don't mind being by myself. I'm social when I'm with a group of friends. I don't mind meeting and talking to new people but I don't seek them out. I'm not the center of attention types and I like to remain on the outside of the group for the most part. I listen more than I talk. After social happenings I have to find time to myself to "recharge".

This is the hardest one to figure out for me. I like hands on stuff. If ya want me to understand figure out complicated things then demonstrate it. Sometimes I'll try and figure things out on my own. I have a insanely vivid imagination though. While I have "gut feelings" that come to me I normally base my decision on past experiences. (Note: I normally find that my gut was either about something or seen it coming ironically.) I love animals and I like to be outside... if I can pull myself away from my computer. ha ha. I have an artistic ability but I'm not that good at most of it. Music is what I'm most into even though I can't really play much of anything. I have an ear for it. I used to do show choir in high school chorus like. Also got stuck with a part in musical the chorus dept put on... yeah it was an alright experience but wouldn't have asked for that part as I rather had been behind the scenes on that project. As for sports, I like some so either solo or team sports. Golf, Tennis, Biking, and Airsoft (mil-sim games) or Paintball to state a few. Though I'd never go Pro anything.

I over-analyze practically everything. Look at things for every angle I can think of. Most the time I still decide on things with my heart. I can relate to people and i feel bad for them if they're going to hard times. I try to be honest and fair while at the same time being tactful about it. If two people are in a dispute I hear out both parties and then try and find middle ground for them. If someone offends me it just depends on the offense to which I quickly I get around to forgive them and learn to let it go. Though for the most part I still try and keep a friendship together as best as possible.

I tend to try and organize things in my head. Though, my stuff normally remains what I like to call an "organized mess". So people call me lazy all the time. (Kinda irritates me sometime... unless I know they are kidding) I'm not good at being on time no matter how hard I try and I can be indecisive. I don't try plan things too far in advance. But I actually don't mind structured environments - knowing the chain of command. I see a good many profile mention leadership, so on that topic, I don't actively seek leadership roles, if no one else is going to do it, then I'll step up and try and get people organized and try and get them to work together to get an something done as best as possible. Sometimes I get made a leader of some sort. I don't demand people to do things and I don't taking other's ideas. Then come up with plan from there.

So I guess I've covered all I can. Hopefully someone can help me sort it all out. When I think I've figured it out some more comes into the mix to make me reconsider my type. So I'd like to get this sorted out once and for good...

Thanks for any enlightenment someone is able to provide.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Have you tried figuring out your dominant function?..Though i'm confused myself it is due to being kinda 50/50 with ne and Ni. You sound Enfp to me. You should read it and let me know how you feel about it.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Everyone needs social interaction however you need to control the amount of yours

I'm not the center of attention types and I like to remain on the outside of the group for the most part. I listen more than I talk. After social happenings I have to find time to myself to "recharge".
Having to recharge your batteries and not hanging out with the group all the time but OUTSIDE is an indication of Introversion.. so first would be an

I

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love animals and I like to be outside... if I can pull myself away from my computer. ha ha. I have an artistic ability but I'm not that good at most of it. Music is what I'm most into even though I can't really play much of anything. I have an ear for it. I used to do show choir in high school chorus like. Also got stuck with a part in musical the chorus dept put on... yeah it was an alright experience but wouldn't have asked for that part as I rather had been behind the scenes on that project.
The loving of music and nature and having artistic ability, that's quite S, for Sensors have a good thing for meticulous details (like reading music for example) and sensual things such as nature. Though there are some points you pointed out there that seem a bit N.. like following your gut instinct. i.e. intuition. Also the behind the scenes part emphasizes your preference for introversion. For the second function I'll give you

S

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can relate to people and i feel bad for them if they're going to hard times. I try to be honest and fair while at the same time being tactful about it. If two people are in a dispute I hear out both parties and then try and find middle ground for them. If someone offends me it just depends on the offense to which I quickly I get around to forgive them and learn to let it go. Though for the most part I still try and keep a friendship together as best as possible.
This part is an immediate indication of F, your ability to sympathize with others and your relatively subjective decisions shows a strong preference for the Feeling function, Feelers are more able to sympathize than thinkers. For your sympathetic ability and subjective rather than objective judgement I give you

F

And now for the last part.

I'm not good at being on time no matter how hard I try and I can be indecisive. I don't try plan things too far in advance. But I actually don't mind structured environments - knowing the chain of command. I see a good many profile mention leadership, so on that topic, I don't actively seek leadership roles, if no one else is going to do it, then I'll step up and try and get people organized and try and get them to work together to get an something done as best as possible. Sometimes I get made a leader of some sort. I don't demand people to do things and I don't taking other's ideas. Then come up with plan from there.
Though you show some sorts of having the ability to be structured and organized (it's a blessing believe me). The stronger preference here is the P. Because you like doing things on the spot, and unplanned spontaneous activities give you much joy.. for the final part I give you a..

P

I'll now conclude and say you're an ISFP

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you tried figuring out your dominant function?..Though i'm confused myself it is due to being kinda 50/50 with ne and Ni. You sound Enfp to me. You should read it and let me know how you feel about it.
I did review the ENFP type description and have decided that it just didn't seems like me. I have looked over the different functions and stuff but you're right they are confusing.

Everyone needs social interaction however you need to control the amount of yours

Having to recharge your batteries and not hanging out with the group all the time but OUTSIDE is an indication of Introversion.. so first would be an

I

The loving of music and nature and having artistic ability, that's quite S, for Sensors have a good thing for meticulous details (like reading music for example) and sensual things such as nature. Though there are some points you pointed out there that seem a bit N.. like following your gut instinct. i.e. intuition. Also the behind the scenes part emphasizes your preference for introversion. For the second function I'll give you

S

This part is an immediate indication of F, your ability to sympathize with others and your relatively subjective decisions shows a strong preference for the Feeling function, Feelers are more able to sympathize than thinkers. For your sympathetic ability and subjective rather than objective judgement I give you

F

And now for the last part.

Though you show some sorts of having the ability to be structured and organized (it's a blessing believe me). The stronger preference here is the P. Because you like doing things on the spot, and unplanned spontaneous activities give you much joy.. for the final part I give you a..

P

I'll now conclude and say you're an ISFP

I figured this is what I was. I guess I just needed someone else to confirm it. I do find it odd how some of the test can be so deceptive at times.
:happy:

Thanks all for the responces.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts