Personality Cafe banner

What am I?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ENTP~87529(8w7,7w6,5w4,2w3,9w1)(Ne:Feminine/TiFeminine Consume/Play/Blast/Sleep)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: My experiences with the functions...no idea how they are organized in myself.
Ne~I use it to juxtapose different things together and see their relationships
Se~I use it to shut my mind off and quickly act
Si~I use it to break down flavors/textures in the weird/disgusting food I make
Ni~I use it to simulate a conversation/encounter with someone
Ti~I use it to explain my perspective in a dialogue
Te~I use it to shut someone up by showing inconsistencies in their actions
Fe~I use it to act appropriately in different scenarios with different people
Fi~I use it to make food and pick what movies might be interesting

Wishing yall well,

I find difficulty placing myself in any type category. I don’t really know anyone’s type after 10 years of trying to master socionics, mbti, enneagram, and any other typological systems (i Ching, astrology, mythology, kabbalah, etc.) I reject any J-ness and S-ness, so definitely NP. I like ST directness, NF listening, SF comfort, and NT conversations. ST seem too direct, NF too sensitive (though I cry while watching my little pony so...mostly movies can make me cry), SF too conforming, NT too self-absorbed. I seem either NFP or NTP. My IxFP ma, ISxJ pa, INxJ sis, and EXXJ wyf, think me socially crazy and personally the smartest-dumbest person they know (it depends on how serious I feel like getting I assume). I would say I seem ENTP, except my past and private self cries more than anyone I have meet from movies and music, and I can make anyone like me or reveal their treasured values, memories, principles, dreams, etc. so I figure I got that ENFP people oriented vibe. Oh and in fights i either just play with the angry opponent, or I lose it and need to scare the shit out of my opponent then go sleep or walk it off. If ENFPs ever feel stupid then I claim ENTP-ness (I never dumb just act like it); If ENTPs ever feel in control then I claim ENFP-ness (I always dance in chaos and uncertainty no matter how serious the situation). To me life is fun at best and adventurous at worst. Hope you can place me, cause I can’t do it.

Wanting your best,

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
You are probably xNFP, one of the things about Fi is feeling like no category fits you completely and identifying with all the various aspects of human experience.

Reactions: JesusFear

·
Registered
entj 853 sp/sx
104 Posts
not only can you not type yourself, it doesn't look like you can type anyone around you either. i'd be skeptical you've actually been studying this for 10 years besides the fact that you have no reason to lie about that. the fact that you go on "vibes" as it were, instead of say, cognitive functions, suggests your research hasn't been that fruitful.

my guess would also be NFP, but you should look into understanding cognitive functions, as ENTPs and ENFPs only have 2 of 4 functions in common

·
Registered
ENTP~87529(8w7,7w6,5w4,2w3,9w1)(Ne:Feminine/TiFeminine Consume/Play/Blast/Sleep)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for responding,

I definitely think I see everyone in me. I do study the functions, but I try to speak in the most generalizable terms to get what I want communicated across, then I get more specific with terms on a case by case basis. I lean toward NTP just because I like all the T-Types. F-types just seem too sensitive or too conforming to norms. The Fi people I know get supper hurt from what and how I speak and act, not trying to upset people just speaking my perspective and probing others’ reactions.
If ENFPs can easily hurt other people’s feelings, disregard focusing on their known triggers, and feel like they can’t lose in an argument, then sign me up. It just seems all the ENFP people in media and in my life can easily get offended and hold grudges. Me I treat others the way I want to get treated...Roughly, Skillfully, Confrontationally for the sake of growth and a challenge.

Wanting your best,

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
If you really want to know your type, and type others as well, let go of all the stereotypical notions of types you seem to have gathered over the years. Don't listen to yourself "reject", "like", "lean" towards anything at this point. Not all people with the same type are exactly the same. Maybe you're seeing the kinds of things you see in yourself but don't want to be like, and let that influence you.

I'd suggest starting over from the basics, try to pick things apart. This doesn't take 10 more years. Don't think about the overall type descriptions, go deeper. Really think about how you relate to the dichotomies and not only about what you like/don't like about them. If you think you're ENFP or ENTP, focus on cognitive functions of these types, how dominant and auxiliary work together and how well you relate to that information, look up their dominant-tertiary loops and how well you relate to those. This should give you a better direction to look at than what you reject, like or lean towards, how much you cry or how smart/dumb you are.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shout out to Herp for this questionnaire to help determine type!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?(since I don’t know what I value and don’t get offended, I assume I am ENTP, but I keep getting typed as NFP, because I am so people focused, driven, and vulnerable with personal information.)

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?(Freedom and Finding cores to the people and things I experience, so I can relate to the world more effectively)

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.(when I wake up feeling good and talk meaningfully with any random person I meet, I enjoy being able to bring out the depths of people’s thinking)

4) What makes you feel inferior?(people criticizing my body)

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.?(efficiency and experimentation)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?(I just gather useful information, I do like to have control of what I create)

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it? (Boxing and wrestling were the funniest times in my life, I remember the challenge of over coming different fighting styles)

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc?(I read up then go talk about my ideas with others)

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?(0% organized)

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?(principles)

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?(follow what I believe)

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?(I think way prior to communication, in speaking I have no internal thinking or forethought. No preference between the one or many)

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words? (I jump first, communicating words are actions so...)

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?(Go out)

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?(everything annoys me so I go sleep)

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?(people without thought behind their actions)

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?(god, philosophy, psychology, history, nature)

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?(social norms)

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?(crazy and smart, I am normally serious they think I joke more than I do, they would never say I am normal)

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?(Paintball, drink coffee with people, then watch some anime, do educational reading until I pass out)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh and in response to how I relate to the functions....

Ne~A desire to Incarnate and test different ideologies. (Most natural to me)
Se~A desire to focus (Least natural)
Si~A desire to prepare (don’t really care, I trust I can handle what may come)
Ni~A desire to orient different ideologies (I just care about what is useful to me and others, Not feeling like a know it all, no offense Ni users probably do know more than me)
Ti~A desire to be efficient (basically the reason I seem like a procrastinator)
Te~A desire to be effective(No one would say I am effective so...)
Fe~A desire to be appropriate(I am rather inappropriate, though I am quit conscious of how I come off to others)
Fi~A desire to be authentic(I tend to condition my thoughts and words based on those around me, so maybe not too integral/authentic...)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh I see a ENTP here. The thinker vibe is strong and sharp. The social softness of ENFP/J is not there. You could have been a ENTJ but your argumentative speech trying to contradict your own different points of view (plus your like of chaos) screams like ENTP. To quote you:
'inappropriate"
"Not too authentic"
Ne~A desire to Incarnate and test (says it all, Ne dominant)
"si~I use it to break down flavours/textures in the weird/disgusting food I make" beautiful, that tells me even more ENTP
"Confrontationally for the sake of growth and a challenge" funny ENTP punchline.

Unless you are dressing yourself in the shoes of an ENTP stereotype, if these traits were already present during your teens and young adulthood (before you discovered MBTI), then I stick by saying you are definitely ENTP.

The problem is that we are often blind to ourselves. But for me your type is rather obvious.

Now please my thread and help me too. I don't know my type yet, after weeks of research. I am also blind to myself. I am more soft than you, I am definitively on the IN introvert quadrant, perhaps more of a feeler but not moody like an INFP (though I often type as such). Could be a INTP or INFJ.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts