Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Section 1.

Pick any picture you like - tell us about it. Below are two websites to help find one - feel free to choose anything you want, though.
Random Image Prompts
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/34581752092/in/photolist-REfXqf-T7udbt-URja7m-UY4Bah-SPzo39-S6KCtZ-VfsSeH-UFSw63-UgEMsw-Vft6N6-ZbTAvA-XWnjbq-acjn1D-rSPyht-VftFbi-ZBs14a-Tshcjx-p2C5DC-9sG2sr-V3NUnZ-naGWRJ-CviLrh-cvJLuY-UYUogJ-dhreV4

Ibiza Nights Pic
I enjoy the way the city looks in the reflection of colors within the water. It's sort of doing something similar with a slight
Aurora Borealis effect to it that somehow catches my attention more than the radiant colors of the city itself. The one thing that catches my eye in particular the most, is the sky in the background. There's something eerie to me about a sky with no stars in it. I'm not sure if it's cloudy, or if it's just about to rain. Really, observing this city from such a perspective makes me realize how different it is to live on an island surrounded by water.. Yet somehow, it feels quite disconnected from the rest of the world from this view, though somehow I doubt the people feel disconnected at all. Places like this, I can admit, would be one of those places I would want to leave to be somewhere more connected.

Pick a word, any word - brainstorm - whether it's just words that spring to mind, or ideas, or memories, whatever - just brainstorm for a while. No restrictions. Below is a link for a random word, if it helps.
https://randomwordgenerator.com

fly

The insect is one thing that comes to mind, but moreover, the concept of flying intrigues me more. I envision the way that we humans have learned to fly, was not the way we intended to fly. It wasn't the way we wanted to do so, yet because it was the next best thing, we settled for it. When we observe birds fly, that is how we envisioned flying according to me. We wanted to soar and feel the breeze of the wind, and our visions tend to blur out the details of how it would really be. We ignore the fact that, there would be a slew of bugs swatting our face, or the realistic details of how it would be on our skin. In a way, the human structure, as extremely interesting as it is.. Makes us have to settle in our methods, and inhibits our chances of raw experience. Kind of sad really.

Section 2.

Describe your verbal communication skills, your written communication skills, and your body language.
Feel free to go in-depth. If possible, detail your natural communication and body language preferences in various circumstances - with friends, with strangers, at work, in one-on-one situations, in group situations, personal, impersonal, that kind of thing. If anything irritates you about how others communicate, talk about that too.
The more information, the better.

My verbal communication tends to use a lot of words due to a specific habit I have where I don't really enjoy talking and reusing the same word. I tend to be long-winded in my explanation, and while at times I can stutter a bit, usually I am able to articulate my thoughts by talking in a clear, slow, precise manner. I consistently enjoy mixing my proper sophisticated speech with cursing depending on rather if I want to or not. Though, I make a certain note to not curse in front of girls in particular, though if I notice they're fine with it, then I have no trouble obliging.

My written communication skills are the less complicated way of conveying my words, because when you talk on the internet in an intellectual manner, I find that people often cause more issues for you, which is very odd in general, but definitely something I've noticed happening. So, I tend to speak in a certain manner because it makes it very easy to be understood compared to how I normally speak. I do not like mispelling words and improper language, and any mistakes I make in my typing annoy me instantly.

My body language consists of me moving my hands and constantly walking around as I explain myself. I don't necessarily mimic the person I am talking to, as much as I believe I would be more likely to believe that I would be mimicked than the other way around. I have a bad habit, where I am often prideful and refuse to cater to people, especially because of believing I am better, despite being aware that I am not.

In one on one conversation I tend to engage in plenty of avid back and forth conversation with the person, and I am usually the one to initiate it. In group conversations, I am more or less the person whom is quiet and instead spends more time listening, due to wanting to hear more, but also chiming in to make a point where I see it fit to do so.

How do you prefer to make decisions, solve problems and/or puzzles?
Run us through your entire process - use specific examples, if possible - some ideas for your answer -
what questions do you ask yourself, if any? What goes through your mind? What do you take into account? What could alter your decisions? Are you comfortable with making a decision and settling on it? Do you like being able to change your decisions, after you've made them?

I can actually solve this from playing Roomescape games. So, I'm constantly scanning the area for external evidence to assist me in solving puzzles. When this doesn't work, I then I try to figure it out and think the process out myself. One of my weak points, is my dislike of math, and yet I can feel something playing out in the background, and it helps me make connections and solve some of the puzzles.

Example: There was a puzzle where there were 5 pillows with various colors, all numbered various numbers from 1-5. A friend of mine was also there, and thought that the colors were meant to go in the order that they were presented and that the numbers were meant for a different puzzle, but it did not work. I realized, that their was a connection between the numbers in the colorful pillows and suggested that maybe the numbers represented what orders the colors were meant to go in. It turned out, I was right.

My method of solving problems is usually using eliminating my options, piece by piece, and occasionally picking a solution first and then trying to see if my answer has any grounding by exploring the facts.

Detail some things that piss you off - stress triggers - feel free to explain the reasons why these things irritate you - I don't want to hear about mild irritations - I want to hear about things that simply make your blood boil, or make you want to take action to alter the situation - things that make you want to leave an environment, things that make you dislike someone, things that truly get to you as a person and grate on every fiber of your being.

A few things I can admit I dislike:

-When someone whom knows less than I do on a subject speaks to me as if they know more than me and I am aware they don't know as much on it: If I don't know something, I do not mind admitting to it and simply asking a question in order to get a better understanding of it. I don't expect myself to somehow obtain all the knowledge in the world immediately, despite looking up a lot of information for my own curiosity, but I find it is important to admit when you don't know something, that way you can open the door towards obtaining a greater understanding. To do otherwise, is to close that door, and sit in your own ignorance, and lie to yourself to feed your ego.

A lack of order due to wanting things to remain harmonious for everyone. I don't like the idea of catering to the weaknesses of other people just to keep things positive. I can be understanding of others, but there is a limit where it is important to know when to break the harmony and settle the issue in order to maintain a harmonious environment. The more you let people get away with to avoid conflict, the more they're going to push you around. You have to meet with people and settle matters in order to keep things going and to establish authority.

-When I make a plan that makes sense objectively, only for someone to ruin said plan under the pretense that they would rather do something else.: Look, I've set out to work on this plan, because it worked well with the schedule I had ready made. I have everything mapped out. You suddenly decided that it would be better to do something else ruins the entire setup like knocking over a deck of cards. Doing this, essentially wastes the time I spent planning in the first place.

-"Work is fun" people.: No. Work is not fun, work is work. Socializing is not bad, but do it on your time, now company time. The moment you clock in, it is business time. Not time to clock in and suddenly hide for 3 hours, or take your continuous 15 minute breaks. I come to work and work for hours, to the point where I would ignore my lunch if I find myself fixated on solving a problem. I keep my words, if need be, focused on work, I am not there to make friends. If I do so, that is nice, however keep in mind, that it is not my focus nor is it the prime directive.

-Lastly, wasting my time.: Rather if it is a pointless confrontation that wastes time going nowhere, or terrible conversation, where I am sure it will be bad depending on how it starts. One thing is for sure, I will never get back the lost amount of time that I've lost back ever again and you can bet my mind will be on that lost time that I did not get to spend.

Detail a time (or times) in your life when you felt at your absolute best - when you didn't feel any kind of anxiety, when you didn't feel judged, when you felt appreciated for who you are, when you felt at your most creative, when you felt like "you".. you get the gist. You at your best, tell us about it.

Well, I don't really feel anxiety, but I suppose if I could think of a time, it would be when I was working towards being an electrical engineer and was apart of a program called "The Youth Rebuild" program. I was working as a carpenter, and it was a good opportunity to gain more experience, but was even more enjoyable due to building houses for people who lost some of their homes during Katrina, a huge hurricane that hit. I enjoy helping others a lot, and I enjoy working towards a goal a lot, so getting the chance to work with others and see people doing good things was an enjoyable experience to be apart of. After it was done, I worked as an apprentice electrician for a few years, but due to family issues, I had to stop. I've always had an interest in electricity though, and the wiring intrigued me greatly. I was much more lively and the thrill of working towards a goal while helping others kept me pleased.

What are the strongest parts of your personality? The best traits about yourself.

I am hard-working, but even better, I know how to deal with people on a social level and know exactly what to say to them. I tend not to judge others, instead choosing to accept them for who they are. I also take in what people say and actually can learn lessons from them. I stand up for others when someone attempts to put them down, and my best trait would be my understanding nature. I never jump to conclusions when considering other people, and I am tactful enough to express a point without hurting people's feelings and dissuading arguments through the use of humor.

What is one specific trait that you value in others, yet simply do not possess yourself - though, if you were to work on it, it would really balance out your personality?

My dislike of my own emotions or dealing with emotions in general. Whenever I get emotional, I feel a hint of shame, and disgust. Immediately, expressing myself just bothers me more because it made it aware to others, that something did indeed get to me. Which is annoying, because morals are something I can see a worth in... Yet I tend to get annoyed by the weakness of showing emotion.. Being sensitive, is considered weak.. Or at least very difficult for me to show. Because of this.. people tend either find me uncaring and mean at times, or they get the idea that I don't really care about them. I also have a bad habit of not really keeping up with any of my personal friendships and maintaining my connections. Lastly, I tend to get swept up in progressing and moving forward with my life and not paying attention to the people close to me.

What are the differences between how others see you, and how you see yourself?
Feel free to elaborate and explain the reasoning.

I think the people I know, see me as a polite, calm, and reserved nice person. I don't really like to talk unless I have a reason to. Though, the descriptions tend to differ from person to person, due to me shifting to match various personalities. I'm either an analyst, a rebel, or a troll, but mostly a nice person who jokes a lot The difference is, I don't really see myself as a nice person. I think because of my polite guise, people don't see the terribleness beneath the mask that I live with everyday. I imagine it's similar to the way an artist views the flaws in their art. They crafted it so carefully, only they would know where to look for the flaws..

Section 3.

What is a perfect day to you?
What is a perfect night to you?

A bright, sunny, cloudless day. Not too warm, cold breeze. The perfect kind of day, where if one were to exit their homes and go for a brief jog, they wouldn't have to worry about overheating, but also was still warm enough not to get too cold. The night on the other hand, I prefer to be chilly, with a full moon in the sky in the background. A day which everything has gone according to plan and things are completed. Sounds like a perfect day to me.

What is your idea of a perfect world?

-Various race culture disappears, and people are meant to be actually intriguing and able to connect because of their similar interests instead of background traditions that certain people do, thus it somehow no longer creating another gate that prevents people from coming together.

-The government structure works better, due to people actually using it to accomplish various tasks and not using it for their own purposes/corrupt means.

-People are free to be whom they want of their choosing, except the ones whom true selves are pretty messed up an they intend to hurt people. They are punished.

-World Hunger achieved, and most problems solved.

-Lastly, a world where people can coexist and can be understanding despite having different opinions, points of views, thus leading to many people learning from others and becoming all the more wiser and multi-faceted for it.

Yes, I am aware this is idealistic.

What is your idea of hell on earth?

Imagine your reality, except even worst, and more time wastingly stupid. Where everything is run by idio-Oh..

Section 4.

Are you, most of the time, acutely aware of the people, things and events occurring in your immediate surroundings?

Yes, highly so. I'm aware of the emotional mood when I walk into a place with great ease. Also, because I'm consistently looking around and observing the area. Mostly for conflicting situations, because I do my very best to not get in trouble, despite constantly somehow being drafted into trouble.

Do you find yourself engaging in the sounds, colors, textures, scents and tastes of your environment - i.e, enjoying what you are currently experiencing, most of the time?

The two things I can admit to being the most aware of, if anything, is the sensory inputs and the people. I have my moments, but I don't necessarily live in them. If I'm with someone, I'm more focused on them even moreso due to wanting them to be fine. Ofcourse, too much of either, and I get a headache and need some time apart from them.

Do you seek common ground, when faced with new situations - thoughts like "this is like _____" or "this is similar to _____" - something that will stabilise the current situation and turn it into something more comfortable for you?

Actually, I do not, instead I focus more on the possibility of how it could end up if allowed to progress into the future.

Do you find you have a strong sense for how things 'should be', even when faced with something unfamiliar?

No, more or less how it "could be".

Do you actively engage in promoting a harmonious atmosphere - be honest with yourself, this includes being a conflict-averse introvert.

Well, not exactly, although I do find myself doing it subconsciously. I try to take an active role in letting other people solve their own particular problems and deal with things, rather than intrude on them, though I do find myself being the one to take up tasks whenever people argue over doing them. I don't particularly interfere when it comes to family. As far as my friends go, I let them make points, and if I see there is no understanding coming out of it then only maybe will I come in and dissuade the argument and smooth it over, much to my own surprise at times at how naturally I can do it.

Do you actively seek to connect with other people, and do you make use of social niceties in order to interact with people more smoothly - to make them feel validated, accepted, comfortable? - this includes regular use of "please", "thank you", etc.. general social niceties.

Not in particular, I usually find myself observing people from a distance and trying to figure out how they work. I do use social politeness with people I know, and to some extent when I am interacting with others, but I don't go out of my way to interact with others as often, as much as I sort of just do it as I come across them. Talking to people was never scary to me, it just wasn't as much a priority as opposed to the other things I could be doing.

Do you find yourself not being dependent on agreement and harmony around you, as long as the current situation doesn't impact on your own personal inner balance?
An example of this might be if you are doing something, and people are arguing in the same room - are you able to remain yourself, or will it affect your inner balance in a noticeable way?

It instantly piques my curiosity, but I usually try to find the details of it after it is over. As for effecting me, it has very little effect on my balance outside making me interested in it or not wanting anything to do with it entirely, thus leaving the environment.

Do you try to win others over to your point of view, in debates, arguments or just chit-chat in general?
I.e seeking agreement from the other person. Have a real think about this question, and be honest with yourself.

Yes, I want the other person to either join my side, or agree with me to some degree where at the most, they can obtain an understanding of what I'm talking about. If the conversation ends otherwise, I chalk it up to a waste of time, therefore I don't really get into debates with stubborn individuals, because battling a point doesn't really mean much to me if there is nothing achieved from it.

You just read that a local vacuum company just went bankrupt.
What your thoughts - feel free to expand and explore your thoughts and ideas as much as you like here. Please don't say "who cares?". Just do it.

Unless it's a vacuum company of which I am acquainted with, I don't personally care too much. Unless I realized they made very good vacuum's, in which I would miss them due to their efficiency in creating really good vacuum cleaners, and would be intrigued to find more information to figure out how they went bankrupt in particular through searching verifiable sources for information.

Do you comfortably juggle multiple possible options in your mind, when problem solving? Do you find yourself exploring each of them - entertaining any possibilities that may arise from them, and enjoy envisioning scenarios where these might play out?

Yes I am capable of exploring and juggling possible options while problem solving, but I base each one off probability, and prioritize them based on such. The least likely options based on information I acquire, are discarded and the most likely are kept under consideration. Yes, I do enjoy envisioning scenarios and how they could play out.

Do you have a tendency to organize the world around you? Is it important for you to be in an orderly environment?
This might manifest as a preference for predictability - consider these questions on a smaller scale than what might be in your mind - i.e. is it important that the knifes go in the knifes slot, that the Nintendo games go where the Nintendo games go, etc..

Yes and no. I tend to prioritize based on importance and time, and focus less on chores, placing them at the bottom of the list. I do enjoy putting everything in it's proper place, to the point where when something isn't in it's proper place, I get annoyed.

Do you find you are impatient with regards to efficiency?
Again, consider this also at a smaller scale - for example, do you prefer to rush through whatever chores that need to be done, so they're out the way?

I can be very impatient and not afraid to put in more than enough work to get things done. I am able to pay close attention to the work I am doing, but I also don't focus on as many details as much.

Do you find yourself taking over certain tasks because you know you can do it quicker?
This might be as mundane as telling your partner or friend, that you'll do the dishes - because you know they'll take forever and it's just 'better' for you to do it, and smash 'em out ASAP so they're done.

Yes, I do it as often as possible, but specifically to help out.

Is it important for you to define things in your head?
This might manifest as googling words you've unfamiliar with so you actually know for sure what you're reading, or it might manifest as a preference to completely understand something to the point you can explain it to others in a simplified manner - born out of the precise definitions you've crafted in your mind.

Yes, because I want to be understood when I am talking to others. Though, I can admit, my own understanding is imperative in order for me to convey information to people in a way that can be understood. Then from their own understanding, we both can learn.

Is it of high importance to you, to understand all of the pieces of a puzzle.. or all of the information you're given, before coming to a decision or a conclusion about anything?
This might manifest as a tendency to hesitate when coming to conclusions or decisions as you don't feel you fully defined, or understood, all relevant information yet.

Not every piece exactly, but the core pieces I believe, give more clues to understanding the purpose of the smaller pieces. I do spend my time trying my best to understand every bit of the information, but only if I find an inconsistency, do I then try to see if there are more. If there isn't an immediate inconsistency, then I simply jump to the conclusion based on the brief bit of information I've noticed to predict what the outcome will be.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Whoops. Ignore. lol

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also Big Five Test results:

Openess: 80%
Conscientious: 68%
Extroversion: 55%
Agreeableness: 50%
Neuroticism: 45%

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Global 5 test results

Extroversion 56%
Orderliness 68%
Emotional Stability 64%
Accommodation 64%
Inquisitiveness 70%

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being assertive and social and being withdrawn and solitary.

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RCOAI
Your Primary type is Inquisitive

·
Registered
52 Posts
Global 5 test results

Extroversion 56%
Orderliness 68%
Emotional Stability 64%
Accommodation 64%
Inquisitiveness 70%

Extroversion results were medium which suggests you average somewhere in between being assertive and social and being withdrawn and solitary.

Orderliness results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly organized, neat, structured and restrained at the expense too often of flexibility, variety, spontaneity, and fun.

Emotional Stability results were moderately high which suggests you are relaxed, calm, secure, and optimistic.

Accommodation results were moderately high which suggests you are, at times, overly kind natured, trusting, and helpful at the expense of your own individual development (martyr complex).

Inquisitiveness results were high which suggests you are very intellectual, curious, imaginative but possibly not very practical.

Your Global5/SLOAN type is RCOAI
Your Primary type is Inquisitive

That Big5 type matches with XNFJ as the most likely MBTI type. Hmm.

I was a bit confused, initially, but I saw a fair amount of Te as I went further along. Your craving for efficiency and desire to organise and plan was very Te like, and it came through multiple times.

Have you taken the Keys2Cognition cognitive functions test? If so. maybe take that and post the results here? A Te-dom is a big step away from your previous typing in your avatar, so I want to see some further analyses. :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That Big5 type matches with INFJ as the most likely MBTI type. Hmm.

I was a bit confused, initially, but I saw a fair amount of Te as I went further along. Your craving for efficiency and desire to organise and plan was very Te like, and it came through multiple times.

Have you taken the Keys2Cognition cognitive functions test? If so. maybe take that and post the results here? A Te-dom is a big step away from your previous typing in your avatar, so I want to see some further analyses. :)
Sure. Here we go.

Results:

extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) **************************** (28.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *********************************** (35.5)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.7)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************** (20.4)
limited use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************* (21.5)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************************** (39.9)
excellent use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************** (26.6)
average use

Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: ENFJ

Lead (Dominant) Process
Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Building trust through giving relationships. Empathically responding to others' needs and take on their needs and values as your own. Checking for respect and trust. Giving and receiving support to grow closer to people.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Introverted Intuiting (Ni): Transforming with a meta-perspective. Withdrawing from the world and focusing your mind to receive an insight or realization. Checking if synergy results. Trying out a realization to transform things.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: INFJ

Reactions: Bergapten

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
You do look like some Ni dom/aux judging from your answers to the questionaire. The story about 'fly' certainly presents detail of Ni.

I'm constantly scanning the area for external evidence to assist me in solving puzzles.
This sounds like the case of Ni-Se rather than Se-Ni as you are making up a statement through Ni and using Se to support your statement.

Look, I've set out to work on this plan, because it worked well with the schedule I had ready made. I have everything mapped out.
Once again another trait of Ni since you have everything mapped out and planned.

Lastly, a world where people can coexist and can be understanding despite having different opinions, points of views, thus leading to many people learning from others and becoming all the more wiser and multi-faceted for it.
Ni-Fe.

You honestly sound like an INFJ or ENFJ actually. Your ideal for a perfect world seems very external based and feels based where you wish for harmony between others which is a clear sign of Fe. Your objection for prioritising information and time over chores is Ti over Te, as you prefer to analyse information and time rather how it's normally done, which is a sign of Ti.

Ti is essentially "defines true knowledge as learning how to manipulate rules and variables to produce the best outcomes"

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Section 1.

Pick any picture you like - tell us about it. Below are two websites to help find one - feel free to choose anything you want, though.
Random Image Prompts
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/34581752092/in/photolist-REfXqf-T7udbt-URja7m-UY4Bah-SPzo39-S6KCtZ-VfsSeH-UFSw63-UgEMsw-Vft6N6-ZbTAvA-XWnjbq-acjn1D-rSPyht-VftFbi-ZBs14a-Tshcjx-p2C5DC-9sG2sr-V3NUnZ-naGWRJ-CviLrh-cvJLuY-UYUogJ-dhreV4

Ibiza Nights Pic
I enjoy the way the city looks in the reflection of colors within the water. It's sort of doing something similar with a slight
Aurora Borealis effect to it that somehow catches my attention more than the radiant colors of the city itself. The one thing that catches my eye in particular the most, is the sky in the background. There's something eerie to me about a sky with no stars in it. I'm not sure if it's cloudy, or if it's just about to rain. Really, observing this city from such a perspective makes me realize how different it is to live on an island surrounded by water.. Yet somehow, it feels quite disconnected from the rest of the world from this view, though somehow I doubt the people feel disconnected at all. Places like this, I can admit, would be one of those places I would want to leave to be somewhere more connected.
Se (focus on visuals + details), some Ni (perspective shifting + focus on what 'isn't' i.e no stars) and Fe (mention you'd like to be somewhere more connected).

Pick a word, any word - brainstorm - whether it's just words that spring to mind, or ideas, or memories, whatever - just brainstorm for a while. No restrictions. Below is a link for a random word, if it helps.
https://randomwordgenerator.com

fly

The insect is one thing that comes to mind, but moreover, the concept of flying intrigues me more. I envision the way that we humans have learned to fly, was not the way we intended to fly. It wasn't the way we wanted to do so, yet because it was the next best thing, we settled for it. When we observe birds fly, that is how we envisioned flying according to me. We wanted to soar and feel the breeze of the wind, and our visions tend to blur out the details of how it would really be. We ignore the fact that, there would be a slew of bugs swatting our face, or the realistic details of how it would be on our skin. In a way, the human structure, as extremely interesting as it is.. Makes us have to settle in our methods, and inhibits our chances of raw experience. Kind of sad really.
This seems like same functions in a different order, Fe-Ni.
Focus is on envisioning what "we" wanted, also of note no mention of how what flying means to you, or how cool it would be etc etc - so I would suggest Fe over Fi here.

Section 2.

Describe your verbal communication skills, your written communication skills, and your body language.
Feel free to go in-depth. If possible, detail your natural communication and body language preferences in various circumstances - with friends, with strangers, at work, in one-on-one situations, in group situations, personal, impersonal, that kind of thing. If anything irritates you about how others communicate, talk about that too.
The more information, the better.

My verbal communication tends to use a lot of words due to a specific habit I have where I don't really enjoy talking and reusing the same word. I tend to be long-winded in my explanation, and while at times I can stutter a bit, usually I am able to articulate my thoughts by talking in a clear, slow, precise manner. I consistently enjoy mixing my proper sophisticated speech with cursing depending on rather if I want to or not. Though, I make a certain note to not curse in front of girls in particular, though if I notice they're fine with it, then I have no trouble obliging.
Fe consideration of others. Could just be F in general. Not saying T's don't give a shit. Just that you felt it important enough to mention.
Not enjoying using the same words sounds like.. opposite of Si.
Terrible example but I've got an ISTJ friend and he's got a few phrases and words he drops all the time.
Long-winded explanations sounds stereotypically "N" as well, "S" types are way better at just getting to the point.

My written communication skills are the less complicated way of conveying my words, because when you talk on the internet in an intellectual manner, I find that people often cause more issues for you, which is very odd in general, but definitely something I've noticed happening. So, I tend to speak in a certain manner because it makes it very easy to be understood compared to how I normally speak. I do not like mispelling words and improper language, and any mistakes I make in my typing annoy me instantly.
You misspelled "misspelling". Ha!
Focus on wanting to be understood, and altering the way you communicate depending on the medium - Fe.

My body language consists of me moving my hands and constantly walking around as I explain myself. I don't necessarily mimic the person I am talking to, as much as I believe I would be more likely to believe that I would be mimicked than the other way around. I have a bad habit, where I am often prideful and refuse to cater to people, especially because of believing I am better, despite being aware that I am not.
Stereotypical N arrogance. Moving your hands around constantly sounds like less solid usage of S.
What about eye contact?

In one on one conversation I tend to engage in plenty of avid back and forth conversation with the person, and I am usually the one to initiate it. In group conversations, I am more or less the person whom is quiet and instead spends more time listening, due to wanting to hear more, but also chiming in to make a point where I see it fit to do so.
Fe, just fits better considering the rest of what I've read so far.
Not every Fe type has to be initiating conversations all day in groups.
Possible preference for introversion, sounds kinda a stretch, seems more middle of the road atm.

How do you prefer to make decisions, solve problems and/or puzzles?
Run us through your entire process - use specific examples, if possible - some ideas for your answer -
what questions do you ask yourself, if any? What goes through your mind? What do you take into account? What could alter your decisions? Are you comfortable with making a decision and settling on it? Do you like being able to change your decisions, after you've made them?

I can actually solve this from playing Roomescape games. So, I'm constantly scanning the area for external evidence to assist me in solving puzzles. When this doesn't work, I then I try to figure it out and think the process out myself. One of my weak points, is my dislike of math, and yet I can feel something playing out in the background, and it helps me make connections and solve some of the puzzles.

Example: There was a puzzle where there were 5 pillows with various colors, all numbered various numbers from 1-5. A friend of mine was also there, and thought that the colors were meant to go in the order that they were presented and that the numbers were meant for a different puzzle, but it did not work. I realized, that their was a connection between the numbers in the colorful pillows and suggested that maybe the numbers represented what orders the colors were meant to go in. It turned out, I was right.

My method of solving problems is usually using eliminating my options, piece by piece, and occasionally picking a solution first and then trying to see if my answer has any grounding by exploring the facts.
Some kind of combination of Se-Ti-Ni is most likely.
Se observation. Ti deductive logic. Ni pattern recognition.

Detail some things that piss you off - stress triggers - feel free to explain the reasons why these things irritate you - I don't want to hear about mild irritations - I want to hear about things that simply make your blood boil, or make you want to take action to alter the situation - things that make you want to leave an environment, things that make you dislike someone, things that truly get to you as a person and grate on every fiber of your being.

A few things I can admit I dislike:

-When someone whom knows less than I do on a subject speaks to me as if they know more than me and I am aware they don't know as much on it: If I don't know something, I do not mind admitting to it and simply asking a question in order to get a better understanding of it. I don't expect myself to somehow obtain all the knowledge in the world immediately, despite looking up a lot of information for my own curiosity, but I find it is important to admit when you don't know something, that way you can open the door towards obtaining a greater understanding. To do otherwise, is to close that door, and sit in your own ignorance, and lie to yourself to feed your ego.
More N arrogance. You sound exactly like me here btw.

A lack of order due to wanting things to remain harmonious for everyone. I don't like the idea of catering to the weaknesses of other people just to keep things positive. I can be understanding of others, but there is a limit where it is important to know when to break the harmony and settle the issue in order to maintain a harmonious environment. The more you let people get away with to avoid conflict, the more they're going to push you around. You have to meet with people and settle matters in order to keep things going and to establish authority.
Probably Fe. Case for lower Ti, or perhaps a case for Te - but you do mention a 'limit' at which there is obviously a need for action.
Sounds like Fe to me. I know enough Fe doms to know this is just how Fe works IRL - understanding for a while, but if someone is messing with the 'harmony' then they definitely want to sort the problem out.

-When I make a plan that makes sense objectively, only for someone to ruin said plan under the pretense that they would rather do something else.: Look, I've set out to work on this plan, because it worked well with the schedule I had ready made. I have everything mapped out. You suddenly decided that it would be better to do something else ruins the entire setup like knocking over a deck of cards. Doing this, essentially wastes the time I spent planning in the first place.
Sounds like Te to me.

-"Work is fun" people.: No. Work is not fun, work is work. Socializing is not bad, but do it on your time, now company time. The moment you clock in, it is business time. Not time to clock in and suddenly hide for 3 hours, or take your continuous 15 minute breaks. I come to work and work for hours, to the point where I would ignore my lunch if I find myself fixated on solving a problem. I keep my words, if need be, focused on work, I am not there to make friends. If I do so, that is nice, however keep in mind, that it is not my focus nor is it the prime directive.
Same here. Pi focus on getting the work done at the expense of lunch.
Sounds more like Te than Fe.

-Lastly, wasting my time.: Rather if it is a pointless confrontation that wastes time going nowhere, or terrible conversation, where I am sure it will be bad depending on how it starts. One thing is for sure, I will never get back the lost amount of time that I've lost back ever again and you can bet my mind will be on that lost time that I did not get to spend.
This sounds like Te again.

Detail a time (or times) in your life when you felt at your absolute best - when you didn't feel any kind of anxiety, when you didn't feel judged, when you felt appreciated for who you are, when you felt at your most creative, when you felt like "you".. you get the gist. You at your best, tell us about it.

Well, I don't really feel anxiety, but I suppose if I could think of a time, it would be when I was working towards being an electrical engineer and was apart of a program called "The Youth Rebuild" program. I was working as a carpenter, and it was a good opportunity to gain more experience, but was even more enjoyable due to building houses for people who lost some of their homes during Katrina, a huge hurricane that hit. I enjoy helping others a lot, and I enjoy working towards a goal a lot, so getting the chance to work with others and see people doing good things was an enjoyable experience to be apart of. After it was done, I worked as an apprentice electrician for a few years, but due to family issues, I had to stop. I've always had an interest in electricity though, and the wiring intrigued me greatly. I was much more lively and the thrill of working towards a goal while helping others kept me pleased.
Te or Fe.. can't tell. Definitely sounds Je.. focused on goals.
I'm iffy on Te or Fe, because enjoying helping people out doesn't just immediately mean F to me.

What are the strongest parts of your personality? The best traits about yourself.

I am hard-working, but even better, I know how to deal with people on a social level and know exactly what to say to them. I tend not to judge others, instead choosing to accept them for who they are. I also take in what people say and actually can learn lessons from them. I stand up for others when someone attempts to put them down, and my best trait would be my understanding nature. I never jump to conclusions when considering other people, and I am tactful enough to express a point without hurting people's feelings and dissuading arguments through the use of humor.
Sounds Je-Pi to me.

What is one specific trait that you value in others, yet simply do not possess yourself - though, if you were to work on it, it would really balance out your personality?

My dislike of my own emotions or dealing with emotions in general. Whenever I get emotional, I feel a hint of shame, and disgust. Immediately, expressing myself just bothers me more because it made it aware to others, that something did indeed get to me. Which is annoying, because morals are something I can see a worth in... Yet I tend to get annoyed by the weakness of showing emotion.. Being sensitive, is considered weak.. Or at least very difficult for me to show. Because of this.. people tend either find me uncaring and mean at times, or they get the idea that I don't really care about them. I also have a bad habit of not really keeping up with any of my personal friendships and maintaining my connections. Lastly, I tend to get swept up in progressing and moving forward with my life and not paying attention to the people close to me.
More Je-Pi, sounds T though.

What are the differences between how others see you, and how you see yourself?
Feel free to elaborate and explain the reasoning.

I think the people I know, see me as a polite, calm, and reserved nice person. I don't really like to talk unless I have a reason to. Though, the descriptions tend to differ from person to person, due to me shifting to match various personalities. I'm either an analyst, a rebel, or a troll, but mostly a nice person who jokes a lot The difference is, I don't really see myself as a nice person. I think because of my polite guise, people don't see the terribleness beneath the mask that I live with everyday. I imagine it's similar to the way an artist views the flaws in their art. They crafted it so carefully, only they would know where to look for the flaws..
Hm. Sounds kinda Fe. Putting on whatever persona fits the moment.
I know fully well Te types don't like this, from my experience.

Section 3.

What is a perfect day to you?
What is a perfect night to you?

A bright, sunny, cloudless day. Not too warm, cold breeze. The perfect kind of day, where if one were to exit their homes and go for a brief jog, they wouldn't have to worry about overheating, but also was still warm enough not to get too cold. The night on the other hand, I prefer to be chilly, with a full moon in the sky in the background. A day which everything has gone according to plan and things are completed. Sounds like a perfect day to me.
Very S response. Even when down to the weather bro - how's that small talk for ya? You gonna ask me if it's been raining out here?
Curious about the focus on things being light - bright sunny day, full moon night.. I mean this sounds like Extraversion to me.

What is your idea of a perfect world?

-Various race culture disappears, and people are meant to be actually intriguing and able to connect because of their similar interests instead of background traditions that certain people do, thus it somehow no longer creating another gate that prevents people from coming together.

-The government structure works better, due to people actually using it to accomplish various tasks and not using it for their own purposes/corrupt means.

-People are free to be whom they want of their choosing, except the ones whom true selves are pretty messed up an they intend to hurt people. They are punished.

-World Hunger achieved, and most problems solved.

-Lastly, a world where people can coexist and can be understanding despite having different opinions, points of views, thus leading to many people learning from others and becoming all the more wiser and multi-faceted for it.

Yes, I am aware this is idealistic.
F, obviously.

What is your idea of hell on earth?

Imagine your reality, except even worst, and more time wastingly stupid. Where everything is run by idio-Oh..
Lol, that one where that guy where he used to fire people on some TV show winds up as president of the US of A?
Or the one where the Australian Prime Minister doesn't know any AC/DC songs?

Section 4.

Are you, most of the time, acutely aware of the people, things and events occurring in your immediate surroundings?

Yes, highly so. I'm aware of the emotional mood when I walk into a place with great ease. Also, because I'm consistently looking around and observing the area. Mostly for conflicting situations, because I do my very best to not get in trouble, despite constantly somehow being drafted into trouble.
LOL @ turning an Se question into an F response.

Do you find yourself engaging in the sounds, colors, textures, scents and tastes of your environment - i.e, enjoying what you are currently experiencing, most of the time?

The two things I can admit to being the most aware of, if anything, is the sensory inputs and the people. I have my moments, but I don't necessarily live in them. If I'm with someone, I'm more focused on them even moreso due to wanting them to be fine. Ofcourse, too much of either, and I get a headache and need some time apart from them.
Fe-Se.

Do you seek common ground, when faced with new situations - thoughts like "this is like _____" or "this is similar to _____" - something that will stabilise the current situation and turn it into something more comfortable for you?

Actually, I do not, instead I focus more on the possibility of how it could end up if allowed to progress into the future.

Do you find you have a strong sense for how things 'should be', even when faced with something unfamiliar?

No, more or less how it "could be".
No Si to speak of.

Do you actively engage in promoting a harmonious atmosphere - be honest with yourself, this includes being a conflict-averse introvert.

Well, not exactly, although I do find myself doing it subconsciously. I try to take an active role in letting other people solve their own particular problems and deal with things, rather than intrude on them, though I do find myself being the one to take up tasks whenever people argue over doing them. I don't particularly interfere when it comes to family. As far as my friends go, I let them make points, and if I see there is no understanding coming out of it then only maybe will I come in and dissuade the argument and smooth it over, much to my own surprise at times at how naturally I can do it.

Do you actively seek to connect with other people, and do you make use of social niceties in order to interact with people more smoothly - to make them feel validated, accepted, comfortable? - this includes regular use of "please", "thank you", etc.. general social niceties.

Not in particular, I usually find myself observing people from a distance and trying to figure out how they work. I do use social politeness with people I know, and to some extent when I am interacting with others, but I don't go out of my way to interact with others as often, as much as I sort of just do it as I come across them. Talking to people was never scary to me, it just wasn't as much a priority as opposed to the other things I could be doing.
Yes to Fe.

Do you find yourself not being dependent on agreement and harmony around you, as long as the current situation doesn't impact on your own personal inner balance?
An example of this might be if you are doing something, and people are arguing in the same room - are you able to remain yourself, or will it affect your inner balance in a noticeable way?

It instantly piques my curiosity, but I usually try to find the details of it after it is over. As for effecting me, it has very little effect on my balance outside making me interested in it or not wanting anything to do with it entirely, thus leaving the environment.

Do you try to win others over to your point of view, in debates, arguments or just chit-chat in general?
I.e seeking agreement from the other person. Have a real think about this question, and be honest with yourself.

Yes, I want the other person to either join my side, or agree with me to some degree where at the most, they can obtain an understanding of what I'm talking about. If the conversation ends otherwise, I chalk it up to a waste of time, therefore I don't really get into debates with stubborn individuals, because battling a point doesn't really mean much to me if there is nothing achieved from it.
That's a yes to Fi as well. Yes to F in general then.
Doesn't that make more sense than separating them anyway.

You just read that a local vacuum company just went bankrupt.
What your thoughts - feel free to expand and explore your thoughts and ideas as much as you like here. Please don't say "who cares?". Just do it.

Unless it's a vacuum company of which I am acquainted with, I don't personally care too much. Unless I realized they made very good vacuum's, in which I would miss them due to their efficiency in creating really good vacuum cleaners, and would be intrigued to find more information to figure out how they went bankrupt in particular through searching verifiable sources for information.
Ni, most likely - I actually stole this question from this:
https://web.archive.org/web/20101218112341/http://greenlightwiki.com/lenore-exegesis/Intuition

Do you comfortably juggle multiple possible options in your mind, when problem solving? Do you find yourself exploring each of them - entertaining any possibilities that may arise from them, and enjoy envisioning scenarios where these might play out?

Yes I am capable of exploring and juggling possible options while problem solving, but I base each one off probability, and prioritize them based on such. The least likely options based on information I acquire, are discarded and the most likely are kept under consideration. Yes, I do enjoy envisioning scenarios and how they could play out.
This is intended to gauge Ne, but your response sounds more like Ti.
Note the question asked "do you comfortably...", not "are you capable of.." - your wording here makes this sound like a skill, or something you can do if you have to or want to. Not so much a natural preference.

Do you have a tendency to organize the world around you? Is it important for you to be in an orderly environment?
This might manifest as a preference for predictability - consider these questions on a smaller scale than what might be in your mind - i.e. is it important that the knifes go in the knifes slot, that the Nintendo games go where the Nintendo games go, etc..

Yes and no. I tend to prioritize based on importance and time, and focus less on chores, placing them at the bottom of the list. I do enjoy putting everything in it's proper place, to the point where when something isn't in it's proper place, I get annoyed.
This is a yes to Te.

Do you find you are impatient with regards to efficiency?
Again, consider this also at a smaller scale - for example, do you prefer to rush through whatever chores that need to be done, so they're out the way?

I can be very impatient and not afraid to put in more than enough work to get things done. I am able to pay close attention to the work I am doing, but I also don't focus on as many details as much.
This was intended to gauge Te again, but your response here hints at Pi - likely Ni, considering the other responses.
Either way, it's not a strong yes for Te. It's more like a yes for Je in general, given what you've said.

Do you find yourself taking over certain tasks because you know you can do it quicker?
This might be as mundane as telling your partner or friend, that you'll do the dishes - because you know they'll take forever and it's just 'better' for you to do it, and smash 'em out ASAP so they're done.

Yes, I do it as often as possible, but specifically to help out.
Intended to gauge Te. Fe response.

Is it important for you to define things in your head?
This might manifest as googling words you've unfamiliar with so you actually know for sure what you're reading, or it might manifest as a preference to completely understand something to the point you can explain it to others in a simplified manner - born out of the precise definitions you've crafted in your mind.

Yes, because I want to be understood when I am talking to others. Though, I can admit, my own understanding is imperative in order for me to convey information to people in a way that can be understood. Then from their own understanding, we both can learn.
Fe response - focus on being clearly understood.

Is it of high importance to you, to understand all of the pieces of a puzzle.. or all of the information you're given, before coming to a decision or a conclusion about anything?
This might manifest as a tendency to hesitate when coming to conclusions or decisions as you don't feel you fully defined, or understood, all relevant information yet.

Not every piece exactly, but the core pieces I believe, give more clues to understanding the purpose of the smaller pieces. I do spend my time trying my best to understand every bit of the information, but only if I find an inconsistency, do I then try to see if there are more. If there isn't an immediate inconsistency, then I simply jump to the conclusion based on the brief bit of information I've noticed to predict what the outcome will be.
I would suggest this one is a slight yes to Ti. Almost sounds a little like Si. But there's some "N" in that you're after the gist rather than a precise understanding of things.

All things considered, I got a little iffy with regards to which J function you were using, but it was pretty clear the J function was likely dominant - it's Fe though, comes clean through.

It's a pretty brief type, but I think ENFJ is most likely.
Probably a little more introverted, than the ENFJ image that might be in your head.

Reactions: Xcopy

·
Registered
52 Posts
@Xcopy

Your cognitive results heavily suggest ENFJ, and - considering you didn’t give any sign of being overly introverted in the questionnaire - I would not heavily consider troubleshooting INFJ as an alternative. I don’t know what crack I was smoking when I suggested Te-dom, heh. You definitely had Ni and Fe, but Te also jumped out at me for some strange reason. Anyway.

And I agree, practically no S to speak of, which is strange considering you have ESFP as your previous typing.

In summary, I’d support ENFJ, like above.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You misspelled "misspelling". Ha!
....This hurt me so badly. It's definitely a fear I always have about using that particular word. lol

It's a pretty brief type, but I think ENFJ is most likely.
Probably a little more introverted, than the ENFJ image that might be in your head.
Well, functions-wise, it always made sense to me, but I think it would make more sense if I could figure out my ennegram as well. Though, yeah, the ENFJ image I've envisioned seemed more outgoing on the scale of extroversion-introversion.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Xcopy

Your cognitive results heavily suggest ENFJ, and - considering you didn’t give any sign of being overly introverted in the questionnaire - I would not heavily consider troubleshooting INFJ as an alternative. I don’t know what crack I was smoking when I suggested Te-dom, heh. You definitely had Ni and Fe, but Te also jumped out at me for some strange reason. Anyway.

And I agree, practically no S to speak of, which is strange considering you have ESFP as your previous typing.

In summary, I’d support ENFJ, like above.
The ESFP, came from people continuously saying, "There is a lot of Se in your typing". Really, it's just from having an understanding that a lot of the people I come across in life tend to require you to explain things to them in a direct basic manner, AKA the Sensors I've dealt with.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
After carefully read through this. I am also going to say ENFJ. I am not the best of typing, but I kept seeing Fe Ni, Ti, and Te. Some Si too, but it didn't get to high on the attempting scoring method I was trying to keep. I wish I was more articulate and able to explain in more detail like everyone else.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I've only ever seen this approach from Ni-doms. Only they take their Ni plans this seriously, ENxJs seem a bit more opportunistic-adaptable compared to this.

Also, very Te.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've only ever seen this approach from Ni-doms. Only they take their Ni plans this seriously, ENxJs seem a bit more opportunistic-adaptable compared to this.

Also, very Te.
Well, I get annoyed with it, but I actually can adapt to the changes. Not going to deny that it's Te though.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ni-doms can adapt too if they must, sure, they are still humans. Anyway just my input.
Can I confirm that what you're saying is, you believe I am an INTJ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts