Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone besides me seen a show on FYI called Married At First Sight. Its a fascinating new television show where six people (three men and three women) get married to someone they don't know. They are matched up with someone by four professionals: a sexologist, a spiritualist, a psychologist and a sociologist. All six people do not know who they're going to marry until the wedding day and they have five weeks to decide if they want to stay married.

While they show didn't give any mention of MBTI, I couldn't help but think of how each person's "personality" manifested itself. Here is what I think each person was. Curious to know what your thoughts are?

1st Couple

Jaime - ESFJ or ESTJ
Doug - ESFP

2nd Couple

Jason - ISFP or ISFJ
Cortney - _SFP

3rd Couple

Monet - ESTJ
Vaughn - IS__

It's interesting how Keirsey's theory of temperament pairing manifested itself in this television series based on real life.

The first couple started off rocky but ended well. Jaime was a Guardian and Doug was a well balanced Artisan. According to Keirsey, this is a well matched pairing on paper. While Jaime wasn't originally attracted to Doug, he basically won her over by being light-hearted and making her laugh.

The second couple worked immediately. Their biggest obstacle was each other's busy schedules. The instant chemistry between Jason and Cortney could be attributed to the fact they are both Artisans. From the start, I sensed they both spoke each other's language.

I need help with the third couple. I'm pretty sure Monet is an ESTJ, making her an Alpha-female. It seemed to me like Vaughn was a quiet, Alpha-Male type (not sure what his personality is). She said he wanted a "traditional marriage" with "traditional gender roles," but didn't seem able to really play that desired role once she got married. Vaughn wanted a traditional marriage, which is why I'm curious as to why the four matchmakers put him with an ESTJ, all all people?? This could be a case of people being one way but putting down on paper how they think they are. I see this happen when people take personality tests. People come out with the wrong letters because they answer how they want to be instead of answering how they really are.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I see Monet more as an ESTP. She reminds me (of course Im an ISFJ) of my best friend who's an ISTP. She acts and talks very determined. When I ask her about certain actions or things she says, I realize she doesn't always know where things are headed. I'm thinking it's her Ni versus Ne. My ISTP friends also claims to want an ESTJ guy but she needs more Fe interaction than she knows. I'm thinking Monet as a third Fe would resent it more even if she doesn't realize.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts