Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds highly intuitive, emotional and abstract based, but I just want to write about it. Heck, it might even sound extremely irrational, but oh well.

Have you ever felt in your life that two abstract paths you were going to take have been heavily connected, yet at that time you could not verify to yourself why? When those two paths appear completely different to one another if you wanted to explain them in normal terms?

For example;

''I feel that if I do well in my english literature essays now, someday I will go on a path of being much more passionate about global politics. I don't know why.''

''I feel that the day I drift apart from that friend, I will get close to another person. I don't know why.''

However, as time goes by, you often find the reasons why but you still can't quite explain the reasons in concrete or conventional terms, you ''just know''.

Can anyone else relate? I know I may sound like a looney, but whatever, now I prefer being honest about life.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
...as if you are destined for some higher purpose? yeah i like to fantasize a lot...:happy:

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...as if you are destined for some higher purpose? yeah i like to fantasize a lot...:happy:
:crazy:

Not really a fantasy. I have experienced the ''oh now I know why these two paths are connected'' aspect many times. Too bad I can't explain it logically or justify how I know to anyone.

I just leave it up to the mysterious and the world of intuition.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
i suggest your look into sychronization, according to Carl Jung. it may help with your question, and if not, it's incredibly fascinating to look into.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
Also confirmation bias

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
To me, that just sounds like how things happen. Doing well on an English essay will get you a good mark and allow you to study what you want. Losing a good friend may leave a void which you'll fill with a new friend. Maybe I am just over simplifying though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts