·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
ENTP
3,550 Posts
First and continues to be the same reaction: Dude, take it as a “SIGN FROM GOD” if you will, but if you have $50,000 laying around to throw at a poorly done YouTube video then get your girl her own ring and for the love of all that is holy send that one back to the poor destitute couple.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First and continues to be the same reaction: Dude, take it as a “SIGN FROM GOD” if you will, but if you have $50,000 laying around to throw at a poorly done YouTube video then get your girl her own ring and for the love of all that is holy send that one back to the poor destitute couple.
Bingo. Douchey on so so many levels.

Reactions: Haldir

·
Registered
ENTP
3,550 Posts
Bingo. Douchey on so so many levels.
The sad part is not his reaction. The sad part is that I can’t even blame him for having it. I would bet you whatever that ring is worth that the vast majority of people in his demographic would have done the exact same thing.

Seriously, I bet it’s going to take some older person in his life (not his mom because she obviously did a shitty job raising this narcissistic wreck) twenty minutes to explain to him why it’s off the charts selfish to keep the ring, and insanely creepy and terrible karma to start your marriage that way. If the girl in question doesn’t immediately shiver in revulsion and pull the ring off when he tells her how he got it then they probably deserve each other.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My thoughts exactly. If I were his girlfriend (shudder) and I saw that video, I would run far and fast in the other direction. But like you said, if she's of the same generation, maybe she won't get it either.

Reactions: Haldir

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
this vid raises so many questions that I'm not interested in learning the answers to

did they really pay $50k for that? seems fake, like this is just a publicity stunt for their youtube channel

..wait I don't care why am I even bothering to think about this

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol

I wanted to call them douche fucks but was afraid your strong reaction was positive.

Yeah, those guys are NPCs. I don't think there's anything going on upstairs.
I'll bite. NPCs?

·
Registered
4,790 Posts
lame. nothing good in the box except the iPad and they better not keep the ring. Give the ring back to the woman, and let her keep the 50k dollars. That would be a real video.

I confess though that I didn't watch the rest of the video once he started getting into the whole marriage discussion. So maybe he says towards the end that that is what he plans to do. If he does, kudos. If he doesn't plan to, hopefully the comment section will dissuade him. If he still doesn't... his marriage is bound to fail, and his life will be miserable because I'm sure his selfish attitude extends to every part of his life.

Keep everything in the box except the ring. Nobody wants to feel like charity case, but give back the ring and explain that you can't possibly keep it. Do this without making her feel bad for being willing to sell it. I pray this is fake. Some in the comments said the ring is very modern. I don't know much about that though.

If it is fake, they'd better make another fake video of giving the ring back.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts