Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What is the most fundamental difference between Sensing and iNtuition? (Name only one difference.)

2. Same for Thinking and Feeling.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Sensing vs. iNtuition-- Concrete vs. Conceptual

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sensing vs. iNtuition-- Concrete vs. Conceptual
Yes, thank you. So I think we might also say that Sensing perceives discrete facts of data, whereas iNtuition perceives the general idea. Now about Thinking vs. Feeling, Jung says:

Feeling [like Thinking] is [...] also a kind of Judging, which however is distinct from intellectual judgment [i.e., from Thinking] insofar as it occurs not with a view to the establishment of a conceptual coherency, but with a view to a first of all subjective Accepting or Rejecting.
[Jung, Psychological Types, chapter XI, section 22, my translation.]​

So Sensing is concerned with the discreet properties (sense impressions) of the object of perception; iNtuition is concerned with the general idea of the object of perception; Feeling is concerned with accepting or rejecting the object as a whole based on whether one's personal (Fi) or one's community's (Fe) perception of it is agreeable or disagreeable (ibid.); and Thinking is concerned with whether the object as a whole is consistent with one's personal (Ti) or one's community's (Te) already formed system of thought. Does this make sense?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts