Personality Cafe banner

Two sisters - both INFJ - some thoughts?

[INFJ] 
5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  fiona uwu 
#1 ·
Hi,

Noob here, INFJ/F. Took the MBTI test a few years back, and repeated it not long ago, always scored as an INFJ. Got my older sister to take it, was blown away that she's also an INFJ! (although less INF and more J on her part).

Nature/nurture?

It all made sense now, knowing she's also an INFJ. We never once fought our entire lives; she's 6 years older than I am and I always thought of her more motherly than our own mother. We share this strange understanding of our emotional boundaries... Always thought it was more about her being the older, nurturing, responsible type of sister. Most people would think we're really strange for never once fought and we must be distant, but we're really close and are each other's confidantes.

Having said that, our lives can't be more different!

Any INFJ/INFJ siblings in this forum?

#2 ·
Lucky Girl :) That's all I have to say.

My brother and sister are like miles apart from me in their personalities. ESTJ and INTJ .... we rarely get along :) I've never met another INFJ [my mom doesn't count even though she's one] or ENFJ in my entire life - so I've got no stories to share.

Anyways ... thanks for sharing :D And welcome to the forum.

#4 ·
Most people would think we're really strange for never once fought and we must be distant, but we're really close and are each other's confidantes.

You have all the good parts of this forum tied up in a nutshell in your sister.

#8 ·
Never fought? That's insane lol.
Yup. 31+ years now. There were instances where razor-sharp words were exchanged with our own soft-spoken ways. But rarely when we were young (probably mostly during my slightly crazy late teenage years) and almost never now. We sometimes work together in a professional level too (awesome dynamics). It's a shame we don't live in the same city ... (she married early, set up her work, two kids; I'm still trolling the globe, might go on and pursue my research degree, might return to work... Thus the very different lives).

Hope I'll stick around too! It's nice to be understood sometimes, albeit virtually :)

#7 ·
Thanks all for the input! I've always considered myself lucky to have her in my life, and while some people might disagree with labeling people and putting them into boxes, it takes my thinking of her as a kindred spirit to the next level now that I know she's an INFJ too. Heh. Works the other way around too, definitely have more interest towards what Jung was saying all his life now :)

And yes to this combo in the family, it's been working for us for 30 years, so we can attest to that. Hah. We have an older brother which we both don't really get along with. I guess being both girls, both INFJs, and both parents being extroverts, we're quite lucky indeed.

Although, knowing her, it makes me wonder how much of my temperament is a direct result of her unknowingly molding me into her mini-INFJ ally throughout my formative years (her 6years older and more of a mother than our mum, extrovert parents, brother just 1yr older than her and they mix like water and oil growing up) :p ... If that is the case, it's bonkers how I'm more of a textbook INFJ than her.

#9 ·
You are very lucky. Haha. My brother is an INFJ also and we've never got along too well. He fought as kids, but now that we're older, we're just very distant, despite living in the same house, and share veryyyyy few common interests. This may have some to due with the fact that we are only two years [and were only one grade level] apart, so there was more of a sibling competitive aspect; and being male/female as far as roles.

#10 ·
My brother is a very intuitive ISFJ. I think he only scored a few points into Sensor. He has asperger's syndrome so I'm pretty sure he'd be an Intuitive if he didn't have it. We get along famously. We're even more friends than brothers. We both belong to the same group of closely knit friends. It kind of makes me feel bad for my other brother though, who is an ESTP, because since he's so different he kind of gets neglected by us. But oh well, he's an asshole anyways. :p

Reactions: orangedot
#12 ·
Hi,

Noob here, INFJ/F. Took the MBTI test a few years back, and repeated it not long ago, always scored as an INFJ. Got my older sister to take it, was blown away that she's also an INFJ! (although less INF and more J on her part).

Nature/nurture?

It all made sense now, knowing she's also an INFJ. We never once fought our entire lives; she's 6 years older than I am and I always thought of her more motherly than our own mother. We share this strange understanding of our emotional boundaries... Always thought it was more about her being the older, nurturing, responsible type of sister. Most people would think we're really strange for never once fought and we must be distant, but we're really close and are each other's confidantes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.