Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there! I thought I knew what my Myers-Briggs type was since I took a long typing test as a part of my psychology class at school. But I took the reccomended test for it when registering just for kicks and giggles and, lo and behold, my result was different than before. According to the first test I took (the one required by my course), I am an ENFJ. According to the second test I took (the one linked to on the register page for this website), I am an ENTP. Needless to say, I'm confused.

As for the survey:
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
See above. Also, I feel like you would be able to categorize my traits into two categories that are in direct conflict with one another. For instance, I get so upset that I feel like crying out of embarassment and remorse if I accidently step on a stranger's foot my crutch, yet I have 0 qualms about lieing or cheating to get what I want. I love argueing (I call it discussion passionately), yet I hate confrontation. I'm insecure yet vain. It goes on and on.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
When I am in my 90s, I want to be able to look back on my life and be totally satisfied with it. I do not want to be haunted my "what if?"s or regrets. I believe that each of us only has one chance at life so it should be done right. I feel that life is the greatest gift we could possibly be given. I don't want to wish I had another shot at life when I am old.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I knew that I had nailed my interview for a reach school. My interviewer was honestly interested in what I had to say, I got him to think about something in a way he hadn't before, and it felt less like an interview and more like a conversation between friends, despite the fact that he was at least 30 years my senior and we had just met.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Failure.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I am very indecisive, so just about everything weighs in on my decisions. I always take a long time to decide, from something as simple as ordering dinner to as big as which college I am going to commit to.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
The final grade for the project is typically my emphasis. I do what has to be done in order to receive the grade I want. I do the bare mininum amount of work needed in order to receive an A (or a B, if I am feeling lazy) and not an ounce more. I like to have quality control on the outcome, so I typically dislike working with others unless they are perfectionists.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
I had a lot of fun during Lollapalooza. It is a three-day concert in a park in Chicago. I went with some friends and we rented a hotel room for the weekend. The weather was hot, the music was fabulous, and you could let loose without worrying about what was socially apporpriate. We created wacky outfits, spent all day listening to good bands, met three boys from Ireland, and could embrace our youth. One day it rained. That day was the most fun. I love rain getting caught in the rain. We ran around in the rain, danced in the mud, splashed in giant mud puddles, and went mudsliding. By the end if it, all of us were covered, head to toe, in mud. It was amazing.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
I need to completely understand the topic, even if I do not need to achieve that level of understanding to complete a given task. Unless I have a solid understanding of it, I feel like I know very little and I am insecure. I learn best through lectures, textbooks, and being able to ask many questions. I love theorizing, also.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Does organized chaos (more chaos, less organized) count as being organized? No? *sigh*

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I do both. I do not think linerally (due to a learning disability), which makes is hard to distinguish which I do first.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Right now, by being myself since I am in my last couple months of high school. When I start college, it will be by belonging to a certain group.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
That depends on a lot of things, namely how excited I am about the topic and who I am speaking to. When I get excited, I start to both think and speak rapidly. When this happens, I oftentimes don't know what I am going to say until it comes out of my mouth. However, when I am not talking about a topic I find fascinating, I tend to filter which thoughts get spoken. I love discussing so I am not picky on how many people I am discussing with.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I am indecisive so I am slow to "jump". I believe that both actions and words are important. It depends on the situation, which one speaks louder. I tend to go with my gut when it comes to people's true intentions, meanings, or feelings.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
I go out with my friend.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
It depends on the level of stress. First, I work harder. My way of dealing with problems is to tackle then head on. If I can get the paper that is stressing me out done, I won't be stressed. When that fails, I tend to become a, ahem, female dog. I also tend to cry.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
If they are mean, pompous, unfriendly, snobby, or standoff-ish, I tend not to like them. Also, they do not realize that they are not as good at something as they think they are, I dislike them.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
The art of conversation, the exchange of ideas, and company.

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life
Details, such as the type of car that drove by, or the eyecolor of my lab partner, or who the other 20 people are that are walking in the same hallway as I am while I am talking to a friend.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality?
My friends that are not close friends perceive me as being sweet, modest, nice, organized, and a leader. I am not as organized or as nice as people think I am. They would never guess that I am as insecure as I am about social situations, that I am a good liar, that I want attention but don't want people to know I want it, that I am as smart as I am, that I have a crazy side, that I am sarcastic, or that I love adrenaline. My closest friend would describe me by stating what my friends would never say about my personality. However, she would not view me as being nearly as sweet, nice, or gentle as others would.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I want to go to a concert, go swimming in a lake or ocean with my clothes on, buy helium-filled balloons, and shoot an impromptu photoshoot with one or two friends.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I think ENFJ is probably right. Morality has nothing to do with being an F type. You definitely seem to lead with Fe. If you have trouble thinking linearly, this might have something to do with inferior Ti.

Reactions: prodfoot and zallla

·
Registered
190 Posts
ENTP. Just to be sure though, read up on temperaments. If you identify more with the theorist (NT) temperament than the catalyst (NF) temperament, then that pretty much sets it in stone.

Reactions: prodfoot
1 - 3 of 3 Posts