Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to notice that with type fours, especially the wing threes, there is a lot of problems in terms of when we don't agree with each other.

Reference Source:

-My last girlfriend took the ennea at the same time with me, and her and I got 4w3 and 2w1 respectively

-Also, just talking to fours in general

I've noticed that we both kind of have to walk on eggshells with each other when it comes to things we are really passionate about, here is the usual formula for a difference of opinion gone wrong.

-2 states something that is important to him/her.
-4 replies with a subtle dismissal of said belief
-2 asks four to clarify
-4 may or may not provide more information depending on how strong their belief is
-2 adopts a more of an aggressive, debating stance, pushing the topic and providing more evidence
-4 becomes unhappy with being pushed, but continues
-2 pushes more, wanting the four to agree with them
-4 considers being accepted as more important than the argument, so then concedes beliefs to appease the 2
-2 either is confused/annoyed with 4 for dropping their stance, and pushes even further, sensing that they are being appeased, or is oblivious, and therefore satisfied with thinking that they convinced the 4.
-4 becomes extremely unhappy if pushing continues, adopting a more of a passive-aggressive stance.

At least, this is what I've noticed in my experience, not only with myself, but also with observing other 2v4 debates.

Any thoughts, comments, questions, concerns?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I have come to notice that with type fours, especially the wing threes, there is a lot of problems in terms of when we don't agree with each other.

Reference Source:

-My last girlfriend took the ennea at the same time with me, and her and I got 4w3 and 2w1 respectively

-Also, just talking to fours in general

I've noticed that we both kind of have to walk on eggshells with each other when it comes to things we are really passionate about, here is the usual formula for a difference of opinion gone wrong.

-2 states something that is important to him/her.
-4 replies with a subtle dismissal of said belief
-2 asks four to clarify
-4 may or may not provide more information depending on how strong their belief is
-2 adopts a more of an aggressive, debating stance, pushing the topic and providing more evidence
-4 becomes unhappy with being pushed, but continues
-2 pushes more, wanting the four to agree with them
-4 considers being accepted as more important than the argument, so then concedes beliefs to appease the 2
-2 either is confused/annoyed with 4 for dropping their stance, and pushes even further, sensing that they are being appeased, or is oblivious, and therefore satisfied with thinking that they convinced the 4.
-4 becomes extremely unhappy if pushing continues, adopting a more of a passive-aggressive stance.

At least, this is what I've noticed in my experience, not only with myself, but also with observing other 2v4 debates.

Any thoughts, comments, questions, concerns?
This is exactly me in an argument about my opinion/beliefs. I tend to push people to be honest and give me a clear response. I hate when I ask people to make a choice and they're just being vague. It's a big problem for me, cause it makes me come off as a control freak/crazy person. Oh well, I'm used to it hehe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts