Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :) As a two, I really love helping people and connecting with them, and of course being needed by them. I especially love working with teens. However, sometimes I have a problem with boundaries and wanting them to like me so I let them talk about inappropriate things, etc. I was thinking of becoming a counselor but I'm not sure if I have good enough boundaries or if I can stay impersonal and not get attached to them. What are some other career options? I am a good public speaker so maybe I could talk to kids about bullying, etc. Or help groups of students with conflict management.

Or if I did become a counselor, do you think better boundaries can be learned? At the moment I am a cook at a drug and alcohol program for teen boys. I teach them cooking skills and take them grocery shopping with me, and I take on the "friend" role a lot and have to be careful not to overshare about my personal life, which unfortunately happens a lot :( I relate to people by telling them about myself...

twos what are healthy career paths you have chosen or are seeking out?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts