Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I was just thinking about what type of music type 1s are especially into. Good idea for a thread, @Animal. :)

Ones, post up music clips that you feel expresses your personality as a one.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you asking about favorite genres or artists, or are you asking for us to show off our musical skills?
Songs you like. Your favorite artists, a song you like, what you're listening to right now, something that expresses a sentiment you feel right now; really anything.

If you want to show off your musical skills I'll appreciate it :) I'm a musician!! That wasn't my intention with the thread, but It'd be a nice bonus :D

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any other Radiohead fans out there? Not sure if it's a 1 thing, but thought I should mention it. My avatar gives it away though :proud:

Some of my favorite Radiohead tracks, which are wildly underrated compared to some of their other more popular crap, IMO.

That being said, I love them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Some of my favorite Radiohead tracks, which are wildly underrated compared to some of their other more popular crap, IMO.

That being said, I love them.
Yay! Another Radiohead fan! I'm probably one of the few people who when they hear the title "Thinking About You," Radiohead comes to mind before Frank Ocean xD
I'd have to say my favorite albums are In Rainbows and Kid A. Their B-sides are beautiful too.

·
MOTM Jan 2014
11,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@chickadee213

My favorite albums are definitely Pablo Honey, The Bends, and Ok Computer, in no particular order. After that, the sounds are really cool but the compositions tend to be more 'woozy' and less catchy & solid. I'm a songwriter myself - all my life. And to me, (I am not claiming this is universal or general, but speaking of what appeals to me personally) .. a great song is one that hangs together regardless of what instrument it's played on. If you need a billion FX to make a song sound cool and stick in your head, it's not a song anymore. That's why I'm more a fan of their simpler early stuff. Ok Computer gets that just right - they use amazing affects and production, but the songs are still powerful in and of themselves, even just on an acoustic guitar & vocal, or when I cover them on piano & vocal. Starting with Kid A, they get a bit too machine-dependent for my taste.

Granted, I barely know much of In Rainbows or the much later stuff after Kid A, so I will keep an open mind. And of course I"m not saying this to rip on your taste at all... it's just how I feel about songs. / beatles dork

·
Registered
247 Posts
@Animal

I understand what you're saying. Everyone has their own tastes. Depending on the day, sometimes I prefer the albums you're talking about, it's just I find myself listening to their later albums most. I have no experience writing/producing music, though (I played the piano at one time, but my actual musical knowledge ends there.)
I personally love the layers and depth in Kid A. Every time I listen to them I'm able to find something new, and they can take on whole new meanings.
I feel like In Rainbows is sort of a bridge from their really out there songs of Kid A and their old albums. Something about it feels more grounded, although I can't explain it.
To me, a great song is one that draws out emotions from the listener. Music is art, and my definition of art is a creative expression of emotion. I mean, just listen to this song. It's pure beauty. It makes me cry. It makes me smile. It makes me feel like the world has meaning and is beautiful.
Goodness, lots of goopy emotions in that last sentence, I apologize :laughing:

Reactions: Animal
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.