Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never been just a type 2 but that wing never really changes. Which I find this to be a good balance in my personality. How do true 2s not give to much and become unhealthy. Thats what worries me about 2s is that many just give until there is nothing left. Do you 2s find this true? Or is that just a misconception?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I've never really understood this question, personally. It's never been a matter of if there's anything left to give or not, because there is always more to give. Even when I am tired and run-down, I have no difficulty doing what I can to help a friend. The only time I may stop giving to someone is when I feel they aren't worth the energy anymore.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree with Midnight Runner for the most part. That is my general mentality as well. However, if I find that I am not operating at the best of my ability, then I communicate to others that I will help them as soon as I can, but I need to take care of myself for whatever reason. There's always more to give, and yes my natural tendency is to give more than is healthy for me, but the practice is to recognize in whatever manner that works for you, that you need to gauge what it is you need, whether it is to complete an assignment, get groceries, take part in your own passions, and either incorporate others in it, or give them a clear idea of when it is you will next be available.

Though often I'll put things aside first and come back to it later. At least I know where it is I need to grow, and I imagine for many other 2's it's the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts