Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly new to Enneagram but I'm fairly certain I'm a type 2 with sx dominant. If you are the same, do you care to share what personality qualities helped you to type yourself and your biggest struggles with your type?

·
Registered
632 Posts
My Tritype is 2-7-9 & my strongest variant is sx.

It took me about a year to analyze everything enough for me to figure all of this out. I studied the descriptions, took multiple tests at different times, & immersed myself in each of the forums to see which ones I related to the most along with understanding more of the nitty-gritty details. All of this put together, & with time, it was fairly easy to figure it out. I'm aggressive(usually the more positive kind), completely devoted, self-sacrificing to people who are appreciative(often feel like a martyr), I don't think highly of myself but I find people highly intriguing- mostly enjoying what makes them tick & their passions, I enjoy a wide-array of interests from playing video games to camping, from protesting to writing songs, I'm very optimistic(usually finding the bright side of things in quirky ways), I feel so much compassion for people/animals/sometimes inanimate objects that it hurts, I tend to subconsciously invade everyone's personal bubble & usually with intense eyes(have been told this SO many times), etc. Hope this helps. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Destiny, thanks for responding! I can see some similarities. I am also aggressive in a nice way. My friend recently said I'm just a strong personality- I know what I believe and what I want and being an extrovert- I'll likely tell you whether you want to hear it or not. I'm extremely sensitive to the struggles of others and injustice of any sort. I'm quick to tear up when I hear good news or bad! I'm also quick to help out or stand up for others and fight for what I believe in.

The reason I'm thinking that I'm sx is because I don't like to meet new people, although I'm quite good at striking up conversations with strangers if need be. I prefer to have fewer but very close friends. I like to know everything about my friends and like to figure out how they tick. And I'm always trying to figure out how to be a better friend and a better person. I think self exploration is a great way to develop potential.

I find all this personality stuff fascinating. Looks like I'll have to keep reading to get myself fully typed! Thanks again for your helpful response !

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
I think 2 sx Dom is going to manifest different depending on MBTI type. Not to mention the other thousands of factors to consider. To be silly and seriously answer your question: crazy. Type 2 sx Dom people are crazy :p

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Destiny, thanks for responding! I can see some similarities. I am also aggressive in a nice way. My friend recently said I'm just a strong personality- I know what I believe and what I want and being an extrovert- I'll likely tell you whether you want to hear it or not. I'm extremely sensitive to the struggles of others and injustice of any sort. I'm quick to tear up when I hear good news or bad! I'm also quick to help out or stand up for others and fight for what I believe in.

The reason I'm thinking that I'm sx is because I don't like to meet new people, although I'm quite good at striking up conversations with strangers if need be. I prefer to have fewer but very close friends. I like to know everything about my friends and like to figure out how they tick. And I'm always trying to figure out how to be a better friend and a better person. I think self exploration is a great way to develop potential.

I find all this personality stuff fascinating. Looks like I'll have to keep reading to get myself fully typed! Thanks again for your helpful response !
How would you respond to someone else who also has a very strong personality? Do you think clashes would be likely? (And great thread by the way!)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After some soul searching, I think I'm a 1w2 sx dominant. My mbti is ESFJ. And, yes I am likely crazy! ;)

I can clash with others, but I have a strong need to be accepted, so if I am in the minority, I'll painstakingly keep my opinions to myself unless I feel someone's health or safety is in jeopardy. I also don't like to be wrong, so unless I'm 100% sure of something I won't speak up in a group. One on one I'm more likely to say something. When you first meet me you might not realize my intensity. It comes out stronger as I get comfortable.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
My apologies. I should have specified- as an Sx (someone with an intense personality) in a one on one context, do you think you would clash with another Sx dom person, or get along well with them, or maybe something else? How do you think an Sx dominant 2w1 (or 1w2) would get along with another Sx dom?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm, I'm not very good at speculation, but I'll give it a try. I think initially I would be drawn to the intensity. It would feel good to have someone respond with the same depth and intensity. However, with that much intensity there are bound to be some clashes. I think type two's may be a bit more sensitive than me and clashes may hurt them deeply. They likely struggle to balance their intensity vs the need to make others happy. They may even at unhealthy levels sacrfice their own beliefs in order to keep the relationship deep and intact. Although it would be difficult for me, I would eventually need to be true to myself. It would be a very intense relationship.

I'm trying to think of personal examples. I don't think I've ever dated anyone with a sx Dom. I have a new friend who might be. She is pretty intense and mentioned she used to be into skydiving and rock climbing. I like her, but I'm not sure how she feels about me. I'm getting a strange vibe, like I annoy her somehow.

My ex is a type 7 soc/sp ESTP and I was always irritated that there wasn't more depth to him. We had a lot of fun adventures together though.

I'm still fairly new to all of this so I could be way off base.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts