Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what I could call this combination other than a total wreck and a mess. Being a helper with a side of reformer really does describe me but it cannot help me find out what I need to do to be a better helper/reformer. I feel I can't do it without acceptance but have not been able to secure that.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I did read a fair bit on 2w1 but it was a while ago. I am certain you're not a mess at all...unless you go by this...
2w1 type Glen Close in Fatal Attraction is a borderline disordered - wrist cutting - woman, aggressively invading another persons life because she's afraid of being left alone. :laughing:

...2w1 focuses on attracting love -
primary behaviour helpful / caretaking
secondary behavior- perfectionism

It's all good! Don't stress :happy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey there! I'm an ENFP 2w1 as well.

I struggle too with rejection and feeling the need to constantly be affirmed by others. But I'm slowly learning to love myself. We can do this. Anyone is capable of self-transcendence.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,935 Posts
Hi, I'm an ENFP 2w3)
2 + Fi is a little odd. I find that it's difficult for people to get a measure of me and I think it's this combo that throws them off. I think it can be difficult, but every personality type has its difficulties. Ultimately, I enjoy being this way))

·
Registered
432 Posts
I need to do to be a better helper/reformer. I feel I can't do it without acceptance but have not been able to secure that.
What do you mean you want to be a better one? Is there any standard way to be or I have totally misunderstood the idea of your post?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys hope your all well.. I know this post is years old ... ... I'm enfp 2w1 I love being me .... I started reading the Bible a few years back and I realised that life is just so amazing... I never was a church fan or even a fan of Christians for that matter... Weird eyes and strange smiles .. always wanna talk to you about their beliefs.... Weirdly it's like they're on some kinda drug... But to be honest that drug keeps em going and that drug is the word and truth of God... I'm now one of these weird Bible bashing freaks and I couldn't be happier... I didn't realise how much truth was in it and how much it would and could effect my every day life... Its a game changers guys... If your like me you'll wanna start right from genesis ... Took me 7 months of audio Bible on all day every day ... I would recommend just starting with the gospel of john .. or starting an alpha course... Don't worry it's no writing involved ... Watch a dvd and talk about big life questions....

God loves me at my worst. He has never let me down according to his promises... He fulfills my need to be needed and wanted and he gives me purpose for my need to help and serve.

I really do recommend looking into the word of God very deeply with open hearts and you'll understand what I mean ....

What a gift I have been blessed with to be an enfp 2w1 xxxxxxxxx God bless xxxx

·
Registered
146 Posts
I love ENFP Type 2s, they're the best people. Positive Outlook types + Ne is such a nice combination.
What a gift I have been blessed with to be an enfp 2w1 xxxxxxxxx God bless xxxx
Live your best life man.

Reactions: nicoloco90

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just curious, do any of you ENFP 2s know your Instinct? I'm an ENFP 2w3 sp/sx and I've yet to meet any others in person before. I'm Curious as to how you would describe yourself?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just curious, do any of you ENFP 2s know your Instinct? I'm an ENFP 2w3 sp/sx and I've yet to meet any others in person before. I'm Curious as to how you would describe yourself?
Okay, so I just made a new thread asking ENFPs to basically tell me all about their enneagram types, but then I found this post while looking for other ENFPs that are type 2w1..

I am type 2w1 and supposedly so/sx (according to questionnaires).. However, I don’t feel very focused on “acceptance,” which makes it all a little more confusing. I’d say I lean more towards a self-preserving, but maybe my strong inclination to build bridges rather than burn them makes me more of a social. I don’t really know.

The most accurate description that I’ve read is my tritype description (285).

Anyway... I only know three other ENFPs (two males, one female) and honestly we all just seem so incredibly different. I guess I’m also curious to see how other ENFPs with different enneagram types and instinctual variants describe themselves.

Edit: I just read a description for the self-preserving type 2, and that’s definitely not me, so nevermind. Social it is then.

·
Registered
734 Posts
ENFP 216 Sx/ So. Highly empathic, and I used to be confused about Fe always being described as "empathic" whereas Fi usually isn't until I found this just a few minutes ago:

A sizeable number of ENFPs identified themselves as Enneagram 2s. Though*this Enneagram type is most heavily correlated with the extroverted feeling function, it follows that an ENFP who has adopted ‘helping others’ as one of their primary morals would identify as this type. Both ENFPs and Type 2s are characterized by their people-oriented nature, their compassion for others, their desire for close relationships and their advocacy for those who are disadvantaged.

Type 2 ENFPs are likely to be particularly in touch with their introverted feeling function and they may identify as highly sensitive people or empaths. These ENFPs are deeply in tune with the feelings of those around them and may often find themselves taking on the burdens of others as their own. For type 2 ENFPs, the development of extroverted thinking will be particularly useful in helping them set boundaries and managing their sense of empathy. These ENFPs may be mistaken for ENFJs by others (as their helpful nature mimics extroverted feeling) but are more likely to misidentify themselves as INFPs as they are so deeply in touch with their introverted feeling function.
https://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2016/01/mbti-and-the-enneagram-2/17/ (Emphasis mine.)

So I now have a much better understanding of my sense of empathy (I am sometimes quite easily bombarded by the feelings of others around me, and lately it's been getting more intense), and of why I so easily relate to descriptions of both Feeling types. I could alqays tell that I'm an Fi user, not Fe, but I could never adequately articulate WHY I related so hard to both descriptions, and why it's been so hard for me to untangle the differences between the two.

As for being a better helper/ reformer, a little bit of Te development goes a long way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts