Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Personally, I don't see anything wrong being a 3! The more and more I read about it the more and more I realize it's me! If I were on the outside looking in, it sounds like to me this is someone I would definitely like to have in the my camp! Preferably all Females! :)

·
Forum Conspiracy Theorist
11,226 Posts
@Scruffy

I also fail to see how deceptive and opportunistic are bad.

Well, deceptive and opportunistic can be fun when you're the one doing it; it's not fun when you're on the receiving end of it. This of course basically cuts back to the golden rule (you don't have to be religious to belief it and it's espoused in many belief systems): Would you want to be deceived and have people opportunistically exploit every situation for their own benefit to your detriment?

R.C.
Remember, no matter how I die: It was murder; should I be tried for a criminal offense, I probably didn't do it as I'm pretty straight laced and don't even have a speeding ticket; should I mysteriously disappear -- it wasn't voluntary…

Reactions: Lord Bullingdon

·
Banned
8,597 Posts
Well, deceptive and opportunistic can be fun when you're the one doing it; it's not fun when you're on the receiving end of it. This of course basically cuts back to the golden rule (you don't have to be religious to belief it and it's espoused in many belief systems): Would you want to be deceived and have people opportunistically exploit every situation for their own benefit to your detriment?
I should remind you that deceptive and opportunistic tendencies are unhealthy E3 attitudes. I know when I'm not at my best, I can be a real bastard. :p I guess that can be fun at times, but having a positive sense of ethics and morals is great at ending that kind of negative behavior.

However, yes I'd agree that I'd hate to ever be on the receiving end of a hustle or being "the sucker". Luckily I'm pretty good at spotting and avoiding those types of situations...although every dog does have its day and ends up duping me pretty good. :tongue:

Reactions: Sina

·
Banned
158 Posts
I believe I am an ENFJ and Type 3. Type 2 resonates with me quite strongly, but 3 without a doubt. I know I've found this test before... where oh where is it hiding now?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This does sound like me except I'm pretty shy and stutter when speaking due to nervousness so being a sales person isn't really me.
However the rest does sound like things I would say. xD

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm definitely a three; I've always wanted to succeed and be the best; I am very competitive. I am 3w2, which I'm very happy about as I'm definitely not as selfish as being an ENTJ and a makes me out to be!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Here in the community I was typed as a 6 but I had to reject this try. I was typed as a sp/so 3 by a Naranjo's scholar (she works with him) and I have to admit she's right. Cause of my w4, I sometimes struggle seeing myself as competitive, assertive and success-seeking peron...but that's actually me. She was in doubt with my wing, at first she told me I'm a w2 but I'm very elitist, not much interested in pleasing everybody and striving for feeling THE special One, the only one with some peculiar traits etc!! I oscillate with doubts with myself and being very self assured.

So 3w4 is definitely my enneatype.

·
Registered
INTP 3w4
63 Posts
Regarding 3w2's, does this sound like their behaviour: they would alter (even slightly) their opinion to validate another person - to obtain something or achieve a desired image?

And if so, would I be right in saying that 3w4's wouldn't be bothered with jumping around other people same way as 3w2's do?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
@PhantomCitadel I would not alter my opinion, but I might repackage it so it is more palatable for my audience-- but not to obtain something/an image, it'd be because I want to please that audience. I want to be pleasant (to their desires/wants), yet I wouldn't be doing it for them (like 2s), I do it for me.

I imagine 3w4s would/could change/alter their opinions the same, but they would do it for obtaining something/an image. Their 'self' is more solid than 3w2s (because of the 4 wing) and though the self-serving is similar for both 3s, it's a lot more clear cut for 3w4s.

In a sense, 3w4s might 'agree' less often, but I believe that would be because they don't see the need/use for it, while 3w2s main functioning mode is to be pleasant/attractive/agreeable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeeeee 3w4 .... tbh I hate being described as "arrogant", I'm pretty sure that liking myself and respecting myself and knowing my capacities and being proud of them is not arrogance...

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
Is it possible to be a 3 and yet be more selective about the things you care about achieving?

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
Gotcha, I was thinking about 3w4 but wasn't sure because I'm focused more on image than productivity. Few things in life are worth the effort in my opinion. I like to see instant results and if it doesn't happen, it's very frustrating. Also, the 3w2 is more talkative in group settings whereas the 3w4 is more hesitant to speak. That's based on some reading I just did about the differences. The 4 wing makes the 3 more self-conscious and wants to their own image instead of an image others think they should have. That is definitely how I am.

·
Registered
681 Posts
None of that is flattering. What would you think of an unhealthy 3w4 who scores MBTI ESFP

*cause I think i'm lovely!! :p :p :p

·
Registered
ISFJ 6w7 sp/so
27,953 Posts
I'm assuming you looked through all the information thus far in this thread, then.
I don't understand your previous question. Can you explain?

21 - 40 of 44 Posts