Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got outside help to reach the conclusion ISFP as MBTI-type, and now I'd like to have some insight again on my tri-type. And for what it's worth, I'm HSP and ADD as well. (Cross-reference to the MBTI typing help in case you'll find it helpful.)

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

Wisdom and finding the purpose to my existence. Everything else is second to that.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
Hopefully, finding said purpose. Now I'm thinking master in neuroscience as I could research on anything between ADD to Out of Body Experience or Astral Projections and so fourth. Breaking down the barrier between physical and spiritual is something I'm striving for, but only time will tell how that will turn out.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

When I die, I want to die knowing that I found my path in life. Not fulfilling, or at least begin on the path of fulfilling my purpose.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Being wounded by someone that I've opened up to. Why... Because it's my innermost core, it's well protected aside from when I open up. I'd probably take loneliness over being hurt most of the times, and being alone and isolated can often make me feel more calm and harmonious, which in turn makes me more likely to want to spend time with people as I better can appreciate them that way.

After that I think it's insanity. I'm not afraid on hallucinogens, but not being able to tell the difference between reality and fantasy would make it very hard for me to achieve wisdom I fear.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I'm not sure... Good looking, thoughtful and insightful maybe?

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Esoterism etc! Learning about all these 'forbidden' sciences fills me with pure joy. And nature is a constant inspiration and fascination.

Worst, I guess Sloth, not fullfilling my potential. It makes me feel useless.
7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) I can blow up quite fast, but it's more in an emotionally intense and empowering way that feel invigorating. But when it goes beyond that people say I get a certain stare, and I can relate to that, because when I'm really angry I can turn violent and have a hard time restraining myself in that state of mind. It takes a while to get there, so I can control it before it happens if whomever respects my wish for personal space. I've never been in a real fight though.

b) I'm trying to avoid it as much as possible, it's very intense when it happens.

c) I'm wondering if I was born with anxiety, but it's much better now. I'm allowing myself to be much more easy-going and loving. Though, when I feel anxiety it's like my heart is a ball of thorns. The positive of this however is that it can feel like my heart is leaking some fluid that warms my chest, similarly to how a shot of alcohol can warm the throat on its way down.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) Not too well, I have a typical HSP reaction, my cognitive functions seems to stop working and I'm irrational and impulsive, or I take on the appearance of being slower than usual.

b) I'm very curious, if I notice something I absorb it as much as possible and then after a while decide what I think about it.

c) Draining and unnecessary for most of the time. When it's with close friends and relatives I try to avoid it as much as possible. But at the same time I can be the initiator of a conflict at times with my strong opinion and temper.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
a)
I don't acknowledge authority. They have a certain job, and with that comes a role, so I will usually cooperate, but to me the person behind the authority role is just another individual. If someone is to express his opinion in the face of an authority, it's probably me.

b) I quickly turn rebellious against power, and specially with ill intent. I hate having to answer to authority or power figures, I don't like being controlled, so I usually try to stay on my best behavior to avoid dealing with them at all. As long as they respect me, I can respect them.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
That's something I'm trying to figure out. I used to be nihilistic and a misanthrope, but I don't want that in my life. Better to just give love instead, it's much more fun to live that way. I don't know where humanity is heading, but I'd like to be an observer. It feels like we're in a very interesting point in time in history.

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.
Understanding dualistic approaches. How two seemingly different things can be of the same origin. It started filling my life with purpose as I realized that I no longer was bound only to the material world.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I have hard to build up genuine trust for someone, but I also realize that trust is an important tool when humans works together. I will imitate trust by letting others do their thing despite that I don't trust them, it feels like a win-win, I don't get disappointed and they feel like I trust them. If they prove themselves they earned my honest trust though, so it's not only me using others.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a) Ability to think deep and thoroughly about something, and then throw conventional conclusions out the window and make it fit the gigantic puzzle inside my head. I can be insightful and come to overlooked conclusions.

b) I don't get things done! I think and talk a lot, I even become eccentric at times and say even more stuff that I then wish I didn't, but in the end, all I accomplished was equal to a daydream, ie nothing of practical value.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

Insecurities/fear, as if I can instinctively smell it. Likewise there are some people (strangers) who I would give my phone and my wallet and then put my coat on a water puddle so the don't have to walk on it because I just... Know that they are people to not anger, because if I do there's nothing in them that will save me. There is no such thing as bullshit in their personal vocabulary. Luckily it's insecure and fearful individuals that tries to pick fights with me, never them.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
I enter a fight/flight/freeze-mode which usually leaves me ready and observant for what's next. My mouth gets sealed shut when that happens, but that usually results in them entering a state of fear, being edgy and often even as if apologizing. It's usually over before I leave that state of mind, and afterwards it's like "huh..."

A similar response lol, but instead trying to determine their intention. But I've learned to automatically respond with 'Thank You' and then do the thinking.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a)
A free will, so that I can be the sculptor of my own reality and success. If it's within my responsibility, I can also change what I don't like in my life.

b) A nice muscular body. I have a nice shape, not just the muscles. And tattoos I guess. I may look timid, but I feel strong-willed and ferocious and want to be able to feel that I can express that at the same time as I can focus on sharing love I guess. I want to let go and don't have to think about it as not only me, but also others see that I have it in me.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well I'm a 548 and you sound quite a bit like me. Take a look at that tritype thread and see if the 458 description matches you. Somethings off the top of my head.

1. Are you highly individualistic?
2. Do you consider all ideas as long as they fit into your worldview?
3. Do you follow a cycle of self destructing then rebuilding yourself?

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I'm a 548 and you sound quite a bit like me. Take a look at that tritype thread and see if the 458 description matches you. Somethings off the top of my head.

1. Are you highly individualistic?
2. Do you consider all ideas as long as they fit into your worldview?
3. Do you follow a cycle of self destructing then rebuilding yourself?
I have, and it feels like it's descriptive, though I doubt that 4 is the first one and I have trouble seeing if introvert E8 or E5 is the first.

1. Yes. Though it's not intentional, I have to follow my own path or it doesn't work out for me. If someone asks for my opinion I give it truthfully, which has upset a lot of people, so I'm working on that part of myself, conforming myself some would have a much greater gain. A type 4 ENFJ I know is jealous of my strong sense of identity and integrity.

2. Yes. My world view feel very wide though, I want to know more than to be right, and my argumentation's are most often to test a theory or an idea in a debate. It hold or it breaks, and either way I gain from it.

3. Yes. Philosophizing with a hammer, I build a new worldview just to smash it to pieces again. I inflate my ego with social progress that I make and then I hate myself for some things that I do. It's pretty much in cycles, yes.

Thank you for your answer.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Now, @Inguz, don't simply take my word for it, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one that saw Six? 6w5, I think. I thought I saw some Seven there, but then I also saw Five. I don't think Five is your core. Your motivations doesn't seem that of a Five. You don't seem quite detached from emotion to be a Five. Then again, don't dismiss Five. You still could be. Here's two very good sites with good descriptions of the Enneagram types. Tell me what you think :

the enneagram ...info from the underground
Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions

By the way, I cannot decide whether I saw 3w4 or 4w3 as your Image fix. Both are possible. I didn't see Eight as your gut fix though. One is a possibility. Nine as well. But I didn't see any Eight, really.

Edit: @Boss, I'm at a loss here? ^^' What do you think?

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Now, @Inguz , don't simply take my word for it, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one that saw Six? 6w5, I think. I thought I saw some Seven there, but then I also saw Five. I don't think Five is your core. Your motivations doesn't seem that of a Five. You don't seem quite detached from emotion to be a Five. Then again, don't dismiss Five. You still could be. Here's two very good sites with good descriptions of the Enneagram types. Tell me what you think :

the enneagram ...info from the underground
Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions

By the way, I cannot decide whether I saw 3w4 or 4w3 as your Image fix. Both are possible. I didn't see Eight as your gut fix though. One is a possibility. Nine as well. But I didn't see any Eight, really.
You are right though, I'm not as emotionally detached as I used to be. But, it's something I've learned in recent years, before that I would indeed detach myself from my emotions until they overwhelmed me, which resulted in an inability to finish school. Motivation, yes, I'm in a phase of my life where finding any reason to continue was the only thing keeping me from completely embracing nihilism and just killing myself. The amount of pain a person has to go through to be suicidal but then turn back made me realize that I only get one life, and as such not living a life I feel is worth it is just pointless. If there are no objective sets of values etc then I'm the painter of my own gray world.

So 2 is pretty much the only you're not considering? Yeah, that's what tests show me as well. I'll guide you through my reasoning.

Heart
2: Don't think this is relevant, don't associate with it and tendencies of 2 barley even show up on tests.
3: Possible, though I can't really relate to being goal-driven and turning superficial.
4: Possible, I relate to "there's something missing", enjoying being sad and keeping identity important.

Gut
8: Possible, I relate to the straight-forward approach. Me against the world symbolizes my internal feelings very well, I've done a lot of stuff that I'm not proud of. One ex I've cheated on with her best friend which I found unattractive just for sake of revenge, went behind her back multiple times and even hit her. I know I have no excuse for doing any of that, but in that situation I was more in to revenge as I felt that she had hurt me, and the reasons probably wasn't anywhere near good enough to even consider the possibility to most. One time when I in fact did behave at a party in her house she heard from someone else that "I was down in the basement with some girl", it was innocent, but her reaction to it was to smash a glass, lock herself up in the toilet and well... There was blood all over the floor. My response though, was not to comfort her, but rather to kiss the girl that I hadn't done anything with (to begin with). This is (obviously) a side of me that I don't like, and generally don't like talking/speaking about.
9: I barley relate to this at all, I'm not "always in the body", invisible, care-free.
1: Perfect and Moral are words that makes me shiver. I dislike Perfect so much that I constantly find myself drawn to underground music more than mainstream, the rawness (production) in music is what I really enjoy, and finding faults is the songs I love is something I enjoy and appreciate. Morals are only means to and end if you ask me, they serve a practical purpose and have no importance for me personally.

Head
7: Don't relate to this at all. Though if you want to make the parallel fear phobia - ADD then maybe.
6 & 5: I can relate to some points in 6, but I relate much more to 5 and iconoclasm.

Just ask more specific questions and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. I'm open for different possibilities, but right now 584 makes most sense to me.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Inguz - Well, your core is either 5w6 or 6w5 as far as I can tell. I'll let you be the judge. I think there's a definite possibility you're a Five. I lot of my experience with 548s comes from my brother, and I am trying desperately hard not to compare you to him as you are entirely different people with entirely different lives. ^^' I thought I noticed in your questionnaire a straightforwardness and a searching for some foundation and meaning that reminded me of a counterphobic Six. You seemed to be aware of insecurities and "danger". And, y'know, I could be pulling that out of nowhere.

I've got a question for you: When and why do you feel shame?

I considered Three as your Image Fix. Three is very misunderstood, sadly. It is not superficial or 100% goal driven. It is want for success, fear of failure. Not getting something you wanted to have been achieved done. That's one way of putting it. A bit too simply. And I thought a saw a bit of that in your post.

Four is very much all about identity. They find security in being unique. A lot of Fives really relate to type Four, interestingly enough.

Hmmm... as for Eight... those things don't necessarily give a person an Eight fix. To quote Timeless, "If you believe that the world is ultimately competitive, that you must be independent, and that the objective of life is survival, then you might be type Eight." I suppose I can see that a your gut fix.

Well, I suppose you don't have a One fix, but I do want to say One isn't all perfectionism and morals. I very much relate to One as my gut fix, and it's not like everything has to be perfect. I don't see myself as a perfectionist. It's just I'm very... "idealist", you could say. I'm not judgmental and I'm very accepting and forgiving, however I do see flaws. I see flaws mainly within myself and I see the flaws of the human race right before me. And it's very apparent. I enjoy "raw" sounding music as well. Even if it isn't "perfect", there's just something so wonderful about it.

Bleh. Mainstream music. >.< Heh. I could seriously go off on that rant now, but I'll spare you. XD

Quite honestly, I'm not the best person for typing. I can only give you my opinion and tell you to look stuff up and self-reflect. Boss, Dark Romantic, --> those guys are better than me. If you feel like summoning them to help you with your type, they're much better. XD

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Inguz - Well, your core is either 5w6 or 6w5 as far as I can tell. I'll let you be the judge. I think there's a definite possibility you're a Five. I lot of my experience with 548s comes from my brother, and I am trying desperately hard not to compare you to him as you are entirely different people with entirely different lives. ^^' I thought I noticed in your questionnaire a straightforwardness and a searching for some foundation and meaning that reminded me of a counterphobic Six. You seemed to be aware of insecurities and "danger". And, y'know, I could be pulling that out of nowhere.
I don't relate much to the loyalty of a 6, and there's no doubt that I'm very self-centered. What would make you consider me as 6 over 5?

I've got a question for you: When and why do you feel shame?
Like, now... I'm very uncomfortable expressing my inside to anyone, and try to avoid it as much as possible. Showing volatile emotions isn't a problem though, I still feel protected as I can shrug it off. I do it all the time though. Like when I was with my girlfriend some time ago, I took on my silver necklace when I was about to go to bed. She asked me why, I replied "Because I feel like it", where as she returned it with "For protection?" and my instinctive reaction was to say "...No" even though that's exactly why I equipped it to begin with. I feel a lot of shame if I am ridiculed over my feelings/sensitive side and only show the part I'm comfortable with getting ridiculed. And the reaction isn't just little, it's from day to night, as if I were engulfed in black flames. I'm more comfortable just hiding away my insecurities than to process them.

I considered Three as your Image Fix. Three is very misunderstood, sadly. It is not superficial or 100% goal driven. It is want for success, fear of failure. Not getting something you wanted to have been achieved done. That's one way of putting it. A bit too simply. And I thought a saw a bit of that in your post.

Four is very much all about identity. They find security in being unique. A lot of Fives really relate to type Four, interestingly enough.
What I just wrote about shame correlates well to 3, doesn't it?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Inguz - Sixes aren't particularly loyal.

Issues surrounding loyalty are, however, like everything else with enneatype Six, fraught with contradictions, and an unbalanced Six can lash out at those who trigger their insecurities with stunning and seemingly irrational acts of disloyalty. It is therefore not accurate to describe Sixes as loyalists; rather they have a complex of energy concentrated around and centered on loyalty dynamics.
Any type can be self-centered. I honestly can't tell if your image fix is a 3w4 or 4w3 or what. x3 But I think there's something about you that just says "Three" to me.

Like, now... I'm very uncomfortable expressing my inside to anyone, and try to avoid it as much as possible.
Now that's not necessarily shame. That's more fear, really. To me. I could be inaccurate. ^^ As for your core, I'm beginning to lean away from Six.

Now I'm curious about you. O___O @Dark Romantic, what is your first impression? I could be doing this totally wrong.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
@Inguz: Yes, I was thinking 5w4-8w7-4w? as the most likely tritype (good to hear someone else is taking an interest in Western esotericism: I've just started looking into Thelema, myself). How did you come to the conclusion that you're Sx/Sp?

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any type can be self-centered. I honestly can't tell if your image fix is a 3w4 or 4w3 or what. x3 But I think there's something about you that just says "Three" to me.

Now I'm curious about you. O___O @Dark Romantic , what is your first impression? I could be doing this totally wrong.
Yeah, my ISTP dad is probably 583 and I can see myself quite a lot in him. The difference is where I'm contemplating he gets things done. I really should consider 4w3 more in depth. :tongue:

@Inguz : Yes, I was thinking 5w4-8w7-4w? as the most likely tritype (good to hear someone else is taking an interest in Western esotericism: I've just started looking into Thelema, myself). How did you come to the conclusion that you're Sx/Sp?
I haven't looked in to subtype stacking in detail to be honest. I'm currently considering sx/so but to me the variations sound too similar to each other for me to easily judge that without considerable effort from my part.

Yes, 4w3, I will take that in to serious consideration, it does sound like it could fit quite well actually.

There's so much to read on the subject western esotericism, but so little time after I've done nothing productive at all! Though this is my biggest disciplinary challenge; to stop procrastinating.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
I haven't looked in to subtype stacking in detail to be honest. I'm currently considering sx/so but to me the variations sound too similar to each other for me to easily judge that without considerable effort from my part.
Yeah, take a look at it; subtypes are probably my favorite part of the Enneagram. Take a look here, here and here for more info on the types and stackings.

What part about being an Sx-primary do you identify with the most?

Yes, 4w3, I will take that in to serious consideration, it does sound like it could fit quite well actually.
Glad to hear it. I'm 7w8-8w7-4w3 myself, so let me know if you have any questions.

There's so much to read on the subject western esotericism, but so little time after I've done nothing productive at all! Though this is my biggest disciplinary challenge; to stop procrastinating.
Ain't that the truth. :wink:

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Inguz - Well I suppose I wasn't too far off the mark. XD I was tentative about Five for you, but I think it really is your core. ^^ I feel like your Image fix is 4w3, even though it still could be 4w5, I suppose. That's up to you. :) The problem is I sometimes have a hard time separating Six from Five in peoples' questionnaires, because they can look similar. Couldn't tell you why.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts