Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I apologize if this has been done already. BUT, I thought it would be kind of fun to start a guilty pleasures thread to find out what my fellow Fives consider to be "guilty" :tongue: I've got more than a few guilty pleasures myself. It can be anything from popular culture to taboo habits and rituals.

I'll start with something small...

Sometimes when I'm getting ready for work, I take a break from my usual metalhead-ness and sing along to Lady Gaga. Loud.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
I go to my parents' house every Thursday to watch Jersey Shore with my mom and brother. All three of us HATE that show, but we like to use it as a learning tool. Is this really what the outside is like?
Good ole' hate-watching.
I often try to type different housewives. :p
It's so trashy but I enjoy the interpersonal dynamics!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Oooh, yes, I love those trashy reality TV shows. They all make about as much sense as a clock with no hour hand but they sure are entertaining.

Another guilty pleasure is goldfish crackers, I could eat boxes of those.

·
Registered
NiTe 549
5,321 Posts
My guilty pleasure is cold weather.

So many people I talk to hate it. It makes them feel bad, makes their health problems act up and so forth. The snow blinds them. The rain pounds on them, makes them depressed and cold.

Cold could make shit ache for me too, I guess, if I had those problems. But forget that: it makes me, and my mind, feel alive. My mind is more active and clearer in cold than heat. I would prefer to freeze to death rather than waste away on a tropical island.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Oooh, yes, I love those trashy reality TV shows. They all make about as much sense as a clock with no hour hand but they sure are entertaining.

Another guilty pleasure is goldfish crackers, I could eat boxes of those.
I love those too. When I lived with my parents my mom would buy the big boxes from costco.

In another thread people were talking about listening to one song over and over, and I do that as well, but I also have a habit of doing that with food. Because of a medical condition I had to eat a bedtime snack for a couple of years when I was a kid. I think my mom felt guilty about the medical issues so she was a little overly lax on what I got to eat. For about a year or year and a half I had a bag of hawkins cheezies every night for my snack. I'll often get stuck on eating one particular food for days or weeks at a time...wonton soup, artichokes, a certain kind of sandwich, a certain kind of fruit. I've had a few guilty pleasure foods over the years, but I don't do this as much anymore.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

So many people I talk to hate it. It makes them feel bad, makes their health problems act up and so forth. The snow blinds them. The rain pounds on them, makes them depressed and cold.

Cold could make shit ache for me too, I guess, if I had those problems. But forget that: it makes me, and my mind, feel alive. My mind is more active and clearer in cold than heat. I would prefer to freeze to death rather than waste away on a tropical island.
I prefer cold weather too. My favorite is walking in the woods after a fresh snow. I also kind of enjoy driving in the snow because I trust my abilities and blasting the Skyrim theme while doing so makes me feel like a BAMF.

·
Registered
733 Posts

o/\o

lol, me too.

I mean, I'm not a big fan of snow, I could take or leave that, but nice cold air is the only way to go, I know what you mean about the impression of "thinking clearer" too, heat just throws up a mental fog, it's so much harder to concentrate.

I sleep with a fan on every night as well.

Reactions: Flatlander

·
Registered
18,509 Posts
I keep a secret cache of Swedish Fish in my boyfriend's bedroom.
What, Swedish fish?!

I have a guilty pleasure listening to really corny, happy and upbeat music once in a while, e.g. like this one:

Or like this one:
So/sp much?

Also... I can sometimes pick up one of my cats and dance with them when I think no one will see.

·
Registered
18,509 Posts
I prefer cold weather too. My favorite is walking in the woods after a fresh snow. I also kind of enjoy driving in the snow because I trust my abilities and blasting the Skyrim theme while doing so makes me feel like a BAMF.
I love the calmness of it. My favorite season is Autumn definitely. I imagine the stillness of life and it's like how time stands still. That's a nice feeling.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm addicted to most Real Housewives franchises. *shudder*

Hahah, yes!
They are irresistible!
My favourites: NYC and ATL.

People always say to me, but why do you watch that trash when you are an intelligent person?
To me, I love observing the behaviours of the cast members and how they interact with each other.
It's actually quite mentally stimulating if you approach it from the right angle and I find the Housewives great for this.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What is this fuckery?! And here I thought you meant actual Swedish fish. Like sweet-water bass or something. Bah.
Haha!!! That would be so great! One day he's sitting in his room and wondering where that rancid fish smell is coming from...

But really, Swedish Fish are amazing. I can't even explain why. They are cherry flavored, but very light cherry with almost a cream element to it. I don't know why, but it is amazing. I have to keep my stash secret because he'll eat them all when I'm not there.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.