Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tested type 5 on the 180 question www.personalityonline.com test.

Here are my results:

Type:
1 = 53%
2 = 70%
3= 25%
4= 73%
5= 88%
6= 60%
7= 45%
8=70%
9= 70%

Do they seem logical? It makes sense to me from the small amount I have read. I am very cerebral and tend to spend my life as an observer. But I am not very knowledgeable about this kind of test, so any input or advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: I guess I should also add that I am an INFP.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a INFP that is also a 5. I'm not an expert on interpreting the test by any means, but the results made sense to me in my own case since I am also an observer/cerebral type. There's a thread over on the Type 5 forum devoted to INFP people that are Type 5, so you might want to check that out.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Most, if not all, tests are very inaccurate as they ask about certain traits or characteristics without really getting to the true focus of the types. My actual type has been scored lower than most other types on every test I've taken.

On this test, this is how I scored from greatest to least:
5, 8, 9, 7, 1, 6/3, 4, and 2.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is the best way to find out your type by reading about them and deciding which one fits you best?

Edit: with further reading Ive realized that 5w4 probably is the best fit, unless i get advice otherwise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If a particular test commonly gives the wrong results, and the best way to determine the correct result is self-diagnosis, then the test itself would seem unreliable and a waste of time. That's the conclusion I think I'm starting to draw here, based on Paranoid Android's post. Although, as I stated, in my own case, Type 5 makes a certain amount of sense, maybe I'm just conforming my own subjective understanding of myself to the result of the test.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts